NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is your opinion swooping??
There is only two clubs left so your young kid must play for SM or PH
There is also two training nights left surely he can tell the boss he can’t work OT TUESDAY & THURSDAY night
Every one a winner
I HAVE POSTED THIS IN EVERY DIVISION TO GET FEED BACK. ITS AMAZING HOW MANY TIMES THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN SPOKEN ABOUT!

MY YOUNG BLOKE IS A DEMON

Asking the question as it's come up in conversation throughout the year with other parents from other clubs at under 19 level.

IMO
I believe that Work has to come first if you miss training and do the work on your own or get to training with the team at a lower lever (16s/17s)than it's a tick if you sit on your arse you deserve to be dropped. I also think if the player is attending on a regular bases than that has to stand for something, the player could be called to work away from home or night shift for a week so the player and team misses that player due to missing training. But I think kids who are just joining the work force and having to put the hard yards in to prove themselves shouldn't have the pressure of Coaches.

What is everyone’s tip?

Panton Hill for me.

Classy players all over the ground. Will be tough in division 2 though if they win.

South Morang are white hot so it’s hard to discount them.

Ive seen strange things happen on grand finals day. Any pre form is out the window.

What is everyone’s tip?

Panton Hill for me.

Classy players all over the ground. Will be tough in division 2 though if they win.

Ive seen strange things happen on grand finals day. Any pre form is out the window.
Panton Hill has to win you would think but Morang are firing. Panton Hill need to move up to div 2 to allow their cap space to retain all players and recruit more to be competitive otherwise they could see a major walkout next year if they stay in division 3... ALOT on the line.

Either team winning the curtain raiser would be great to see for 2 struggling clubs.

I think it’s the opposite about Wallan.

I’m hearing that the players have been told that they will be staying in the RDFL next year while the club looks into it further.

The way there travelling in the finals series at the moment, why would they wanna come to div 3.

From the outside, it sounds and looks like a lot going right at Greenhill off the field and on field in both football and netball departments.

RDFL is dead. Sunbury leaving last year, multiple 300 point demolitions throughout the season. Thats not good for anybody.

NFNL is a much better comp and if they are good enough in year 1 they go up to Division 2, which i would think they would be around mid table of at the moment. Banyule, Whittlesea and Eltham would cruise to a flag in the RDFL.

Honestly I’d be staggered I’d any div 3 club was anywhere near 90k to begin with. If you are that is poor management because other than PH the lists are nowhere near that sort of money especially with teams such as SM Kilmore and laurimar being quite young.

Div 3 has always overpaid players and now the are paying overs for kids that might be ok in the future.
$80k for 18 rounds in Div 3 is plenty.

I HAVE POSTED THIS IN EVERY DIVISION TO GET FEED BACK. ITS AMAZING HOW MANY TIMES THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN SPOKEN ABOUT!

MY YOUNG BLOKE IS A DEMON

Asking the question as it's come up in conversation throughout the year with other parents from other clubs at under 19 level.

IMO
I believe that Work has to come first if you miss training and do the work on your own or get to training with the team at a lower lever (16s/17s)than it's a tick if you sit on your arse you deserve to be dropped. I also think if the player is attending on a regular bases than that has to stand for something, the player could be called to work away from home or night shift for a week so the player and team misses that player due to missing training. But I think kids who are just joining the work force and having to put the hard yards in to prove themselves shouldn't have the pressure of Coaches.

As long as your young bloke has been part of the chains of SMS activity from a potential coach to potential recruits and players over the past 3-4 weeks then I'm sure he'll be sweet.

I actually like the % type scheme based on nights trained, functions attended, Auskick or junior trainings ticked off.

That way if you do have to work, then your 15% loss for missing that session doesn't hurt anyway, and if you're legitmately still able to keep the body fit and firing and get the team tyour 20-25 plus a week then all should be ok.

Last edited:
Div 3 has always overpaid players and now the are paying overs for kids that might be ok in the future.
$80k for 18 rounds in Div 3 is plenty.
$80k is fine and sustainable... Its the divisions higher that need to align with the numbers below or there may never be improvement, retention and growth.

Why does everyone keep referring to 18 rounds...?!? Have i missed something - is there still 8 teams and 16 rounds in D3.

$80k is fine and sustainable... Its the divisions higher that need to align with the numbers below or there may never be improvement, retention and growth.

Why does everyone keep referring to 18 rounds...?!? Have i missed something - is there still 8 teams and 16 rounds in D3.
Yep I can’t see where this 18 rounds talk has come about. The whole structure with finals works well.

Why would they remove a team and add 2 rounds

There needs to be some restrictions around U19 to avoid the player poaching and enticement to leave.

At the moment, the age group is void of being a junior pathway or identified as a senior division

To further my point, if a junior club doesn’t have a affiliated senior club,

The player in question is playing senior shouldn’t be worth 4 point s

Why would there be only 16 games if there are an even number of teams? The last time there were an even number of teams in div 3 was 2016 and in that year it was an 18 game season...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There needs to be some restrictions around U19 to avoid the player poaching and enticement to leave.

At the moment, the age group is void of being a junior pathway or identified as a senior division

Yes 100%

There isn’t even an incentive as in points reduction for clubs who put in 19’s sides,

It’s like a lost 2 years ...

So wether you get them from 17’s or wait till 19’s there is no difference for clubs..

How bout we just have 10’s, 12’s,14’s,16’s, 18’s..

Then under 21’s, reserves and seniors, where clubs can bring young blokes through and the points get reduced..

Then clubs may be able to get numbers to put junior sides in cause you cut out certain age divisions.

Just putting it there for discussion?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watsonia and Epping aren’t that much chop I’d be surprised if anyone but Epping relegated

Panton Hill - list not strong enough depth don't look strong enough to survive may be competitive against epping and wats
Wats- Poor after good start and then sent their youth back in the 19s and have chance to strengthen their alignment with Mill Park some handy players their. But could struggle to stay up if they just banking on them need recruit some experience and quailty mid 20's and few handy old head still capable to perform div 2 to survive . If they drop could spell disaster for them
Epping - got 2 free hits and looks like haven't recruited well enough to be side capable of surviving and not sure how they will attract players their to be honest

overall not sure if their is club ready to come up and survive and be competitive! St marys well run and good youth behind them put them in good stead . Im not sold on these 3 either . South morang win maybe they can keep successful and stay up im not sure lot good young players doing well elsewhere so maybe they missed the boat.

How the hell did South Morang make the GF? Mustve been a massive choke by Laurimar.

Laurimarr lot distractions i believe unsure on sherman future players not sure who will be coach and that might play on thier minds i guess not sure club had been running smoothly while they were winning and just fell a apart at wrong time of season

Panton Hill - list not strong enough depth don't look strong enough to survive may be competitive against epping and wats
Wats- Poor after good start and then sent their youth back in the 19s and have chance to strengthen their alignment with Mill Park some handy players their. But could struggle to stay up if they just banking on them need recruit some experience and quailty mid 20's and few handy old head still capable to perform div 2 to survive . If they drop could spell disaster for them
Epping - got 2 free hits and looks like haven't recruited well enough to be side capable of surviving and not sure how they will attract players their to be honest

overall not sure if their is club ready to come up and survive and be competitive! St marys well run and good youth behind them put them in good stead . Im not sold on these 3 either . South morang win maybe they can keep successful and stay up im not sure lot good young players doing well elsewhere so maybe they missed the boat.
Realistically unless you have a strong junior feeder, under 19s then you will struggle in d2. You would want to be paying 150k at least.

Laurimarr lot distractions i believe unsure on sherman future players not sure who will be coach and that might play on thier minds i guess not sure club had been running smoothly while they were winning and just fell a apart at wrong time of season
When will the raid happen on there juniors?

What is everyone’s tip?

Panton Hill for me.

Panton Hill was my pick start of the season and I think they can go all the way. Strong forwards and a well balanced team. South Morang though are no pushovers that's for sure.

Before the odd number of teams it was 18 rounds. You played a couple of sides three times. Then the odd numbers came along and forced a by every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back