NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One stayed over night in hospital, suspected kidney bleed from a deliberate knee in a marking contest, the other having surgery on his nose that was smashed over his face, I think it’s hilarious that the focus of HW anger is the spectators behind the goals when they’re players caused all these spot fires on the ground, 3 yellow cards, constant snipes after the play and behind play, no. 7 tried to head but players twice in the last quarter when they had a chance to win the game, all that against a side that had 7 18yr olds and a 16yr old playing, (clearly a tactic), a female HW supporter screaming at a Laurimar player coming off calling him a F.....en dog in front of kids, a HW spectator on the balcony telling Laurimar supporters to f... off and go watch a real game (whatever that meant). It’s amazing how antagonist turn things around to be the victim, I’m not saying Laurimar supporters are let off for what happened and it’s unacceptable and no doubt will be dealt with but it’s a joke that after Saturday’s game that HW has taken the moral high ground
One stayed over night in hospital, suspected kidney bleed from a deliberate knee in a marking contest, the other having surgery on his nose that was smashed over his face, I think it’s hilarious that the focus of HW anger is the spectators behind the goals when they’re players caused all these spot fires on the ground, 3 yellow cards, constant snipes after the play and behind play, no. 7 tried to head but players twice in the last quarter when they had a chance to win the game, all that against a side that had 7 18yr olds and a 16yr old playing, (clearly a tactic), a female HW supporter screaming at a Laurimar player coming off calling him a F.....en dog in front of kids, a HW spectator on the balcony telling Laurimar supporters to f... off and go watch a real game (whatever that meant). It’s amazing how antagonist turn things around to be the victim, I’m not saying Laurimar supporters are let off for what happened and it’s unacceptable and no doubt will be dealt with but it’s a joke that after Saturday’s game that HW has taken the moral high ground
players getting yelled at, and supporters getting told to watch real footy. Seems like you laurimar supporters are even a bunch of 18yo to take that to heart. What about racism telling players to run and put mud on their skin and you can’t tell the difference or telling females in the crowd to come sit on their d**** from laurimar players? Clearly shermonators racism and crude comments are rubbing off on these lads

players getting yelled at, and supporters getting told to watch real footy. Seems like you laurimar supporters are even a bunch of 18yo to take that to heart. What about racism telling players to run and put mud on their skin and you can’t tell the difference or telling females in the crowd to come sit on their d**** from laurimar players? Clearly shermonators racism and crude comments are rubbing off on these lads
Not taking things to heart at all, just highlighting the hypocrisy and moral grandstanding from HW, such short memories

Did they hang around after the game for a beer?

Not taking things to heart at all, just highlighting the hypocrisy and moral grandstanding from HW, such short memories
Sounds like a little attempted deflection here, instead of addressing the 3 incidents of racism instead choosing to throw up some excuse of “they said this to me”. There is absolutely no excuse for racism or discriminatory behaviour, end of story. I Hope both sides mediate through this situation.

Laurimar have appeared to develop a reputation for ugly crowd behaviour in a short time, they need to sort this out especially for the sake of the junior club. I think a parent of a young child would more be more inclined to take there children to Mernda where they have shown to provide a more rounded environment for kids coming through there program.

Sounds like a little attempted deflection here, instead of addressing the 3 incidents of racism instead choosing to throw up some excuse of “they said this to me”. There is absolutely no excuse for racism or discriminatory behaviour, end of story. I Hope both sides mediate through this situation.

Laurimar have appeared to develop a reputation for ugly crowd behaviour in a short time, they need to sort this out especially for the sake of the junior club. I think a parent of a young child would more be more inclined to take there children to Mernda where they have shown to provide a more rounded environment for kids coming through there program.
So clearly you didn’t read my message that “their behaviour was unacceptable and will no doubt be dealt with” I’m not excusing any behaviour whatsoever, just noting the hypocrisy, so many short memories from people on here, all believe their club is morally superior, Laurimar no doubt has some crowd behaviour issues that will be addressed and with being a new club should be able to turn things around quickly, some of the garbage that comes from the older DV clubs on here is quite laughable, so many skeletons in their closet and they fling shit at the new club, that’s the definition of deflection

Anyone from Morang let us know why their 65 year function was cancelled for ' unforseen circumstances' according to their social media. Seems strange their would be unforseen circumsatnces towards a function like that. Is their reputation / history catching up with them?

I couldn’t see desi leaving to be honest and doubt his job would be in trouble after going through a list overhaul. Are you angling for a job mate?

Not angling for job mate ? Good mate of mine is but not sure what his looking for as been assistant for 6 years now at few clubs and leagues. I herd ex roxy president current reserve coach / footy manager of coburg districts have put the feelers out . Fletcher their maybe going their got 19s might take over and continue with their build potentially

Not angling for job mate ? Good mate of mine is but not sure what his looking for as been assistant for 6 years now at few clubs and leagues.
Tell ya mate not to do it, then he wont be given buggery on threads like this ;)

On the other hot topic regarding behaviour ... surprised Cuts' name hasn't been brought up as a potential reason :p

Tell ya mate not to do it, then he wont be given buggery on threads like this ;)

On the other hot topic regarding behaviour ... surprised Cuts' name hasn't been brought up as a potential reason :p

My mate dont come on here i shouldn't speak for him either . But strongly believe mernda coach is gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$hit that's pretty big news, especially if it's a decision not made by Desi himself.

When you say "gone" surely it's not immeidate? Or you're suggesting it's at seasons end?

Last edited:
Interesting reading on the nfl website with Lalor saying that they had 130 at their mid year ball ... in pretty sure the night he is talking about was the function run by the Olympic Hotwl and it was their comedy night .

Breaking news
Your point is ? I’m just outlining the fact that no mid year ball and sugar coating events that weren’t theirs . I know he’s trying to pump up the club but doing it that way in my opinion isn’t the way to do it .

So clearly you didn’t read my message that “their behaviour was unacceptable and will no doubt be dealt with” I’m not excusing any behaviour whatsoever, just noting the hypocrisy, so many short memories from people on here, all believe their club is morally superior, Laurimar no doubt has some crowd behaviour issues that will be addressed and with being a new club should be able to turn things around quickly, some of the garbage that comes from the older DV clubs on here is quite laughable, so many skeletons in their closet and they fling s**t at the new club, that’s the definition of deflection

Sorry playing catch up here but seems deflection is coming from all angles. Racism in any format at any stage is simply unacceptable regardless of who said and did what. Standards of behavior across NFNL needs to improve and I dont think anybody on this thread that would disagree. In saying that, unfortunately Laurimar's reputation is tarnished (rightly or wrongly) in a very short amount of time which should ring alarm bells for such a young club. The hypocrisy here seems to be acknowledging the inexcusable but then pointing the finger at older DV clubs. That mentality will only exacerbate the core issue of racism which is absolutely the main focus here. If all clubs take ownership to nip it in the butt that would not only be refreshing but also greatly improve fractured relationships between clubs across the league.

Last edited:
Your point is ? I’m just outlining the fact that no mid year ball and sugar coating events that weren’t theirs . I know he’s trying to pump up the club but doing it that way in my opinion isn’t the way to do it .
They are a major sponsor and we ran a combined function with the hotel arranging the talent and the night that actually had 160 at it...
We had 130 Lalor members, i think Northern Socials CC had 3/4 tables and the Hotel sold 1.

Half the room below... But seriously... WTF...?!? Should we go through our gate attendance from Round 9 next and verify supporters...

2019 Olympic Hotel - Thanks.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone from Morang let us know why their 65 year function was cancelled for ' unforseen circumstances' according to their social media. Seems strange their would be unforseen circumsatnces towards a function like that. Is their reputation / history catching up with them?
What is it with you and functions...?!?

They are a major sponsor and we ran a combined function with the hotel arranging the talent and the night that actually had 160 at it...
We had 130 Lalor members, i think Northern Socials CC had 3/4 tables and the Hotel sold 1.

Half the room below... But seriously... WTF...?!? Should we go through our gate attendance from Round 9 next and verify supporters...

View attachment 714801
You don’t need to lie. Clearly it was a committee directive to have your senior coach call the mid year comedy Gala a ball. :drunk: A well thought out plan has been revealed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back