NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Lalors coach safe at the end of the year if they go through the year and just beat reservoir and a similar average losing Margain to last year? Yes they have had some injuries, but so has most of the good sides. Hopefully they can somehow win another 2-3.

Is Lalors coach safe at the end of the year if they go through the year and just beat reservoir and a similar average losing Margain to last year? Yes they have had some injuries, but so has most of the good sides. Hopefully they can somehow win another 2-3.
Who knows? Unless you know the inside workings of a club you can’t really answer questions

Have expectations been met?
Do players still have belief?
Do the members have belief?

I wouldn’t have the foggiest on any of those.

Nothing to surprising about yesterday’s results probably besides the Turtles pushing Laurimar.

South Morang or West for that fourth spot. South seem to be improving by the week while I’d say almost the opposite of West.

Not a great day out for Lalor or Reservoir unfortunately

If the player ended up with an injury that ended his season, I'm sorry to hear that. It's never good seeing any player miss with injuries under any circumstances. I dont know what was said or conveyed out on the field (if you were playing and part of it, I'll take your word for it), but I am making the observation on the incident as presented in the video, and I cannot see malice in the contact. Just late contact in the course of play. Whether you think it was late or deliberate, you cannot dispute contact was textbook shoulder on shoulder. Do you think anything would of come of it if the player was not injured in the contact?

Unfortunately the game of footy has changed. If you choose to bump and the other player is injured and leaves the ground your in trouble. Even if it’s a fair bump it doesn’t matter. If you choose to bump instead of tackling or smoothering etc your gone.

I think you must inform the league if any player is seriously hurt by way of concussions via a bump. Similar to AFL.

Nothing to surprising about yesterday’s results probably besides the Turtles pushing Laurimar.

South Morang or West for that fourth spot. South seem to be improving by the week while I’d say almost the opposite of West.

Not a great day out for Lalor or Reservoir unfortunately
Lalor and Reservoir.......such proud clubs back in the day that produced stars. How the mighty have fallen

I didn’t write that comment... I just worked out what he meant. Maybe the turtles are focusing more on the reserves because they might have a chance of making finals, which is pretty out of reach for their seniors.

From the outside looking in at the results (a 2 goal loss to the ladder leader) in the seniors probably doesn't back up that original claim.

Laurimar gave them an absolute touch up first time around.

Last edited:
Everything ok at Sydney cres? Seemed to have had a stronger team in on weekend but Morang blew them out the water. Looking at team list definitely not 12 missing of the top 18 as stated in the lead up. Looked like most recruits were playing? Big difference to the previous result between the 2 sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything ok at Sydney cres? Seemed to have had a stronger team in on weekend but Morang blew them out the water. Looking at team list definitely not 12 missing of the top 18 as stated in the lead up. Looked like most recruits were playing? Big difference to the previous result between the 2 sides.
From reading between the lines everything is fine although am hearing may not be on field , hope that isnt the case because they have done a great job getting on the park and they should be congratulated on their OFF field stuff. Maybe they should have shut up shop pre season and not publicised their recruits.

Who are the 12 players missing?

Having most of the recruits on the park on the weekend and getting a serve beating
Maybe it’s time lalor had a serious think about it if Gary cutler is the right man to lead the club forward

Reservoir parted ways with their coach last night
Who would take over? They got within 4 goals of an undefeated team surely that's something.

In saying that Laurimar this year have beaten Reservoir by 24, Turtles by 12, Morang by 7, Mernda by 4, Panton Hill by 1. Only a matter of time until they slip up. Playing Kilmore West PH Morang and Mernda in remaining games wouldn't be surprised to see them lose them all with sharp shooter Williamson out.

No clubs decision
Not sure of the reasons why a club wold get rid of the coach with a handful of games to go. Obviouly the club is struggling and the the outgoing coach had a huge task making them competitive. Sometimes the so called powerbrokes of the club need to be realistic and put themselves in the actual coaches shoes and think whether they would be doing a better job? And 9 times out of 10 the answer is no as they have no idea on the football side of things. By the scores this year Im pretty sure that they have been more competive than last year. Just shows that the people running clubs like this that get rid of coaches in this situation have no idea and its all abou tthemselves, have they ever thought at times it maybe them that the issues lie? Just an outsider lookinbg in. I feel for him.

If coaches utilise Big Footy then I'm not surprised more don't fall by the wayside.
The constant negativity directed at guys willing to have a go when others (often more capable) simply "choose" not to astounds me.
If it's not Cutz, it's been South Morang, or Desi and his boys at Mernda ... I just dont get it.

I applaud anyone with the balls to lend themselves to coaching at local level these days, especially several in this division when you witness the crap flung at them on these pages by courageous folk firing under non de plume's???
It probably says more about the guys firing off pot shots than the guys at least trying to do something to keep grassroots footy going.

Hopefully Reservoir can manage to get a working interim arrangement for the remainder of 2019 with an eye towards 2020.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back