NFNL Div 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t need to lie. Clearly it was a committee directive to have your senior coach call the mid year comedy Gala a ball. :drunk: A well thought out plan has been revealed!!!
I'm only going to assume that KeepIt is a HWFC committee man that is still holding some sort of Cuttler gripe...?

We went to the Hotel with the idea in March (amongst others) and said "lets open it up to everyone, more profits for you guys"...
Mid Year Balls are a little tired and often a struggle to get interest... 3 course meal, no profits at $100 a head, bored partners that are there under duress... This had an excitement element that was engaging. I know the guys that performed and we'll look at doing it again with 4 different acts next year i reckon.

This was a $60 per head night with drinks at BAR PRICES allowing the Hotel to re-coup some of the sponsorship and everyone absolutely loved it.

I missed the memo where it said "CLUBS MUST HAVE MID SEASON BALLS" - This was designed to re-boot a tired format.

Last edited:
I'm only going to assume that KeepIt is a HWFC committee man that is still holding some sort of Cuttler gripe...?

We went to the Hotel with the idea in March (amongst others) and said "lets open it up to everyone, more profits for you guys"...
Mid Year Balls are a little tired and often a struggle to get interest... 3 course meal, no profits at $100 a head, bored partners that are there under duress... This had an excitement element that was engaging. I know the guys that performed and we'll look at doing it again with 4 different acts next year i reckon.

This was a $60 per head night with drinks at BAR PRICES allowing the Hotel to re-coup some of the sponsorship and everyone absolutely loved it.

I missed the memo where it said "CLUBS MUST HAVE MID SEASON BALLS" - This was designed to re-boot a tired format.
Looks to be a great function idea well done.

Ben, I wouldn't even bother responding to the nuffs on stupid comments like these. I can only say from my observation that the efforts from yourself and the support group behind you at the club have been outstanding last season and again this year. The football gods have not been kind on field this year with injuries etc. , but I am sure the future is secure due to the hard work done to rejuvenate the club and I am certain the on field success will come.
Keep up the good work mate.

Agree to point with what you have outlined is unacceptable ... BUT honestly who cares how many 18 year old 17 year old 16 year olds... it’s open age senior football. Age should not come into it .. if HW thought there maybe an advantage of playing tough but within the rules good luck to them , this time it appears they tried and didn’t not work... laurimar 2 HW 0 I say . One side will play finals and the other ... will crumble again

I disagree to a degree. Fix clubs are focussing on the player then they will go no where with that attitude in today’s game. Also players who target younger players are usually cowards who never go hard or target an opposition player who is tough and physical. They usually pick there mark. I say that’s poor coaching and poor on field leadership..

Gala, Ball who cares. Don't think its a great conspiracy that ball was said instead of Gala. Please. Stupid. Writing crap for the sake of it and while we are at it. The crap being slung at Lalor and Cuts is rubbish.

The club from the outside looks to be going nicely and its a credit to everyone involved. The on field results will come but when you bring in so many new faces it takes a while to gel and get things going. We will see sharp improvement from them next year and it has to be Cuts at the helm.
I've dealt with Cuts along the years and he is a great bloke and it seems to me the people who don't like the way he does things are usually powder puffs who will sook at any chance. they get.

Well done to Cuts and to Lalor so far this year. Some of us know you don't change things overnight.

I disagree to a degree. Fix clubs are focussing on the player then they will go no where with that attitude in today’s game. Also players who target younger players are usually cowards who never go hard or target an opposition player who is tough and physical. They usually pick there mark. I say that’s poor coaching and poor on field leadership..

Agreed. We all know who the young blokes are on each team and while it is senior footy which i understand if you're a 30 year old bloke physically targeting a 16-17 year old you're as weak as piss.

Interesting reading on the nfl website with Lalor saying that they had 130 at their mid year ball ... in pretty sure the night he is talking about was the function run by the Olympic Hotwl and it was their comedy night .
So you’re trying to discredit the club on a public forum without having a clue and when they’re on their way back up and doing a great job, good on you mate.
FYI there was 130 of Lalor people there with many more in attendance with a dual function with a major sponsor, pretty smart I reckon.

Last edited:
Sorry playing catch up here but seems deflection is coming from all angles. Racism in any format at any stage is simply unacceptable regardless of who said and did what. Standards of behavior across NFNL needs to improve and I dont think anybody on this thread that would disagree. In saying that, unfortunately Laurimar's reputation is tarnished (rightly or wrongly) in a very short amount of time which should ring alarm bells for such a young club. The hypocrisy here seems to be acknowledging the inexcusable but then pointing the finger at older DV clubs. That mentality will only exacerbate the core issue of racism which is absolutely the main focus here. If all clubs take ownership to nip it in the butt that would not only be refreshing but also greatly improve fractured relationships between clubs across the league.

Yeah true, there’s no room for any sort of racism and no doubt we do all agree on that.

Well said and a great idea, screw the naysayers mate

How many people run out with birth certificates??? pull a jumper on and play senior footy expect physical contact.
Agreed. We all know who the young blokes are on each team and while it is senior footy which i understand if you're a 30 year old bloke physically targeting a 16-17 year old you're as weak as piss.

So you’re trying to discredit the club on a public forum without having a clue and when they’re on their way back up and doing a great job, good on you mate.
FYI there was 130 of Lalor people there with many more in attendance with a dual function with a major sponsor, pretty smart I reckon.
Sorry I misread it and took it the wrong way. My bad. Im definately not bagging the club or the Committee at all as Ive previously said that they have done a great job this year and are to be commended on their results with lack of on field success. Sorry if I have upset people but you are right I'm only reading from the outside so I'll cop my mistake and move on.

Sorry I misread it and took it the wrong way. My bad. Im definately not bagging the club or the Committee at all as Ive previously said that they have done a great job this year and are to be commended on their results with lack of on field success. Sorry if I have upset people but you are right I'm only reading from the outside so I'll cop my mistake and move on.
No problems at all, it's just banter at the end of the day... We're not really solving world hunger here in the D3 NFNL thread are we...!

We have a stable club, financially sound and a growing committee that has the knowledge to take the club into the next era.
I think Gary's conversation was just to highlight it's not all doom and gloom, quite the opposite.

The club is my heritage, it means a lot to me and now a lot of people can see past the "HAND-TO-MOUTH" structure that so many clubs are built on and look as far as 2025 with some purpose... Senior ladder position and success are vitally important to being relevant but so is developing both under Lalors under 10's & 12's for next season... and 2025 you may ask...?
That's when these kids from our YOUNG BLOODS ACADEMY may be in the senior fold. We also need to have some fun along the journey...!

Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of new estates and young families shifting in every week... BUT there is a lot of opportunity if you look and work hard enough... My post was really to highlight that clubs CAN think outside the box, improve the way they interact with members and try new things.

Had a really long chat with the admin of Reservoir on the weekend and my 3rd quarter was basically spent with them in and around what we've introduced over the past 18 or so months to assist the re-build - I'm open to helping anyone, at any club and have done for over a decade...
I've just had to spend a bit more time with my own club ensuring we have somewhere to hang the honour boards and display the trophies in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd suggest if this was the case this person would have a bit more to worry about than a Lalor function. Blowing a 5-0 lead and missing finals again...

No problems at all, it's just banter at the end of the day... We're not really solving world hunger here in the D3 NFNL thread are we...!

We have a stable club, financially sound and a growing committee that has the knowledge to take the club into the next era.
I think Gary's conversation was just to highlight it's not all doom and gloom, quite the opposite.

The club is my heritage, it means a lot to me and now a lot of people can see past the "HAND-TO-MOUTH" structure that so many clubs are built on and look as far as 2025 with some purpose... Senior ladder position and success are vitally important to being relevant but so is developing both under Lalors under 10's & 12's for next season... and 2025 you may ask...?
That's when these kids from our YOUNG BLOODS ACADEMY may be in the senior fold. We also need to have some fun along the journey...!

Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of new estates and young families shifting in every week... BUT there is a lot of opportunity if you look and work hard enough... My post was really to highlight that clubs CAN think outside the box, improve the way they interact with members and try new things.

Had a really long chat with the admin of Reservoir on the weekend and my 3rd quarter was basically spent with them in and around what we've introduced over the past 18 or so months to assist the re-build - I'm open to helping anyone, at any club and have done for over a decade...
I've just had to spend a bit more time with my own club ensuring we have somewhere to hang the honour boards and display the trophies in the future.
Thanks for that . Good luck for rest of the year , hopefully get a W or 2 before seasons out

Jesus we spend some time in this forum talking about real rubbish topics. I’m not sure what the deal with Cutler is? West moved him on for some reason or another whether it is personal relationships, tactical or pinching money who really cares? Neither club appears to have improved at all. Never met him before but it feels like I have read his name 300 times in 2 seasons.

Racism which is a very personal issue with me growing up is easily wiped over and to me that is much bigger issue. Anyway time to move on because it looks like the top 4 is set. Are Panton Hill favourite? Does Laurimar have the depth when it counts? Can the Kilmore youngsters stand up on the big stage and will South Morang be dangerous without the burden of expectation?

As for the rest? Where to for West? And Mernda? A couple of mediocre seasons will there coaches be re-appointed? What do the turtles need to do to be taken seriously? Who will take the reservoir job and can they draw some recruits? Will Lalor actually keep there players on the ground and start winning?

Jesus we spend some time in this forum talking about real rubbish topics. I’m not sure what the deal with Cutler is? West moved him on for some reason or another whether it is personal relationships, tactical or pinching money who really cares? Neither club appears to have improved at all. Never met him before but it feels like I have read his name 300 times in 2 seasons.

Racism which is a very personal issue with me growing up is easily wiped over and to me that is much bigger issue. Anyway time to move on because it looks like the top 4 is set. Are Panton Hill favourite? Does Laurimar have the depth when it counts? Can the Kilmore youngsters stand up on the big stage and will South Morang be dangerous without the burden of expectation?

As for the rest? Where to for West? And Mernda? A couple of mediocre seasons will there coaches be re-appointed? What do the turtles need to do to be taken seriously? Who will take the reservoir job and can they draw some recruits? Will Lalor actually keep there players on the ground and start winning?

Lalor- re appointed his coach don't now why not fan in few games i have seen i would of advertise anyways another poor season ahead players won't stay wth the way they are playing
HWest - Thought would been good job to get . Think have improved lost some close games by single figure margins. Next season should be top 4.
Mernda- Played better when played the kids but talk around Desi not safe so we watch this space i guess looks like it set up for their 19s coach
Reserviour - Have no answer for them i feel for them maybe they wont survive after this year

Lalor- re appointed his coach don't now why not fan in few games i have seen i would of advertise anyways another poor season ahead players won't stay wth the way they are playing
HWest - Thought would been good job to get . Think have improved lost some close games by single figure margins. Next season should be top 4.
Mernda- Played better when played the kids but talk around Desi not safe so we watch this space i guess looks like it set up for their 19s coach
Reserviour - Have no answer for them i feel for them maybe they wont survive after this year
Very hard for Reservoir now. They need a good coach who can bring nearly a whole team or someone to drop in 50k.

Hopefully things turn around but to go through nearly a season with 1 reserves win is tough and makes the off season all the more harder.

Very hard for Reservoir now. They need a good coach who can bring nearly a whole team or someone to drop in 50k.

Hopefully things turn around but to go through nearly a season with 1 reserves win is tough and makes the off season all the more harder.

But it’s great to see Lalor back on the field and not just giving up. Kudos to them. Each year is different and who knows what season 2020 holds for them. Hopefully some success..

I’ve been reading about some incidents on the forum but none involved Lalor so it’s great to see teams trying hard and not reverting to dirty tactics just because they are not winning. 👍

Not safe FFS???
seems he’s doing alright, just upset Kilmore on the road today

While still in finals calculations not much will be said .. Coburg districts right into him.. One result dont changes what im hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back