NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow wee, a lot goin on.
If Tanars goin he's got 8 days til transfer close, he could follow his brother to NH, who has been at Macleod, Epping, Mernda & now NH.
but i hear his old man - the sacked 19's coach, who is still Fat with mernda pres, hoping that Fletcher will get it in the neck & he can roll in and play a part with his son next year.
what's goin on there. i now read about the Thursday meals, sounds chaotic.

8 days until transfers close he’s leaving it pretty late…
Anyone know why he hasn’t followed his brother?
Surely he dosent get along with Fletcher?
Gee that’s a few clubs named early in a career…. can’t really blame the young fella for going to NH??

Welcome back to all players, coaches, officials and umpires for this weeks games (and Kilmore and Reservoir supporters who can get to see there teams play in person)

Reservoir (8th) travel to Kilmore (3rd 167.72) after transferring their home game. Been a tough season for the mustangs and it looks like they have lost Gregson who has been their leading goal kicker. Kilmore will see this a chance to increase their % and jump up to 2nd spot especially with Laurimar and West Heidelberg playing each other. Kilmore far too strong by 92 points.

Old Eltham (5th) vs Mernda (6th).Big game for both clubs, if the turtles have any hope of playing finals they need to beat Mernda at home. Some experience with McDonagh and Quinton back into the line up will help. Mernda, who depending on who you speak to have been a big disappointment or think they can still make finals need to win every game. They do get Kimuliatis back which definitely helps them but just can’t see them getting the win here. Turtles by 17 points.

Match of the day in division 3 sees Laurimar (2nd 170.36) at home vs Heidelberg West (4th 139.31%). Some big ins for both clubs with Daniel Francis to debut for the power as well as Richards back. For West, they get back Chiminello and Tranter. Definitely no love lost between these 2 teams and a finals like atmosphere (well sort of with no crowds) should be expected. Can the power reverse the round 1 loss or will West go 2-0 against the power. At home Laurimar to get up by 16 points.

Sth Morang (1st) vs Lalor (7th). The undefeated Lions will look to go on their winning ways over an improving Lalor. The bloods have made 9 changes from their last game and will try and stop the run and carry of them Lions. The lions do get Jake Potter back as well, and I see them keeping that unbeaten run continuing. Lions by 43 points.

Best of luck to all players selected as 23rd man this week, certainly will be an interesting experience for them all, especially if 1st senior game and no crowds (apart from kilmore vs Reservoir)

Thought I would go back to footy for a second, tipped 4 out of 4 this week.

Biggest winner: Old Eltham, did what they need to do in beating Mernda to keep alive there finals chances. Honorable mention to Laurimar who keep alive their double chance in reversing earlier result against Heidelberg west.

Biggest loser from weekend games for me was Heidelberg West, pressure definitely back on them for 4th position and wouldn’t like another fade out like what occurred in 2019.

Thought I would go back to footy for a second, tipped 4 out of 4 this week.

Biggest winner: Old Eltham, did what they need to do in beating Mernda to keep alive there finals chances. Honorable mention to Laurimar who keep alive their double chance in reversing earlier result against Heidelberg west.

Biggest loser from weekend games for me was Heidelberg West, pressure definitely back on them for 4th position and wouldn’t like another fade out like what occurred in 2019.
West Heidelberg in the middle of a tough fixture but there draw opens up with 5 of there last 6 games against teams outside the 4. Where as the turtles have 5 of there last 6 games against teams inside the top 4.

Could I be less shocked the Mernda captain has apparently been handed 12 weeks...

CULTURE

what did he do?
Say what you like about the Club but don't question the integrity of Josh as a player or person. I don't know what happened for him to get his weeks but I'm bloody shocked that he has even been reported. I'd be surprised if he has ever been reported.

Say what you like about the Club but don't question the integrity of Josh as a player or person. I don't know what happened for him to get his weeks but I'm bloody shocked that he has even been reported. I'd be surprised if he has ever been reported.
Apparently everyone who gets a long suspension is a great bloke and it’s out of character.

Anyways I don’t even know what he even did. But for 12 weeks I’m guessing it wasn’t great.

Apparently everyone who gets a long suspension is a great bloke and it’s out of character.

Anyways I don’t even know what he even did. But for 12 weeks I’m guessing it wasn’t great.
At the end of the day if he has done the crime you do the time.
But in all seriousness the bloke is a fitness freak who lives and breathes his sport im gobsmacked his done something so bad to cop the weeks. Lost for words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know, was it a bump or something that went high? I honestly don’t know but until it’s in black and white that it’s a punch rather not assume

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it's true he got 12 weeks and the bloke from lower only got 4 for entering the ground from the bench and throwing 2 cheap shots then those making those findings should pull the pin. Careless and a 2 weeks at a stretch IMO especially if as posted earlier he has a clean slate. Looks like a statement against the club (seem to have someone up every second week) rather than the incident in isolation.

Round arm action in tackle that looks to have connected high. Player got up and took the kick although was down for a few seconds, hopefully no injury.

*no point asking me to post footage, seen it on someone elses phone.

Seen the incident..If it’s the one I was shown..
I’m shocked If that is worth 12weeks.. id say 2 at best , player gets up & takes his kick.. not one from turtles remonstrated, no report from ump 3 mtrs away..
Surely Mernda will be appealing that!
Never before reported , captain of the club & nothing like some of the acts in the past they have been given a lot lighter sentences.
Is the tribunal still full of the 70yr olds who’ve last touch with reality?? How the hell can a group of people , agree on 12weeks for that incident.
Definitely Josh is taking the fall for leagues current distaste Of the Mernda Fc..

I have coached against Josh for a few years now and I have never seen him do anything untoward on the footy field. He’s given me plenty of sleepless nights worrying about a match up for him though but never seen him do anything dirty. He’s copped plenty too I bet. Don’t know if or what has happened but shocked if it’s true.

I’m shocked If that is worth 12weeks.. id say 2 at best , player gets up & takes his kick.. not one from turtles remonstrated, no report from ump 3 mtrs away..
Never before reported , captain of the club & nothing like some of the acts in the past they have been given a lot lighter sentences.
Is the tribunal still full of the 70yr olds who’ve last touch with reality?? How the hell can a group of people , agree on 12weeks for that incident.
Definitely Josh is taking the fall for leagues current distaste Of the Mernda Fc..
Can morons stop using this as “evidence”

I haven’t seen the incident, but because an umpire didn’t report it suddenly it’s not bad? lol how many AFL umpires miss reports with 4 of them.

If it's true he got 12 weeks and the bloke from lower only got 4 for entering the ground from the bench and throwing 2 cheap shots then those making those findings should pull the pin. Careless and a 2 weeks at a stretch IMO especially if as posted earlier he has a clean slate. Looks like a statement against the club (seem to have someone up every second week) rather than the incident in isolation.

Round arm action in tackle that looks to have connected high. Player got up and took the kick although was down for a few seconds, hopefully no injury.

*no point asking me to post footage, seen it on someone elses phone.
Maybe reduce the sentence and he can pay for two new front teeth that were knocked out (was wearing a mouth guard).

Must be looking at the wrong incident, as the player didn’t take his kick because the Mernda player who did it, then advised the umpire that there was blood on the Turtles player-caused by his high contact??
Player was sent from ground under blood rule and didn’t take the kick.
That would be a factor in the penalty as well as the fact teeth were broken.
It’s either a massive error in judgement/timing/tackling technique or a thug act.
14 minutes into the 1st qtr approx.

Maybe reduce the sentence and he can pay for two new front teeth that were knocked out (was wearing a mouth guard).

That's shithouse for the player involved, nobody enjoys seeing people get hurt, at least I hope they don't. If their by-laws state they take severity of injuries into account then more than 2 weeks understandable but no way in the world that incident should ever be a 12 week suspension.

Easy for me to make judgement of a 15 second clip, did you witness the incident first hand?

Must be looking at the wrong incident, as the player didn’t take his kick because the Mernda player who did it, then advised the umpire that there was blood on the Turtles player-caused by his high contact??
Player was sent from ground under blood rule and didn’t take the kick.
That would be a factor in the penalty as well as the fact teeth were broken.
It’s either a massive error in judgement/timing/tackling technique or a thug act.
14 minutes into the 1st qtr approx.

Ah thanks just had a look.

Clenched fist, looking at the player not the ball, punches the player in the mouth and apparently knocks out 2 teeth through a mouth guard...

12 weeks sounds about right to me..

Can someone explain why you would swing your fist in that motion besides trying to cause serious damage? I guess he wasn’t able too either...
55A7D03D-0BC3-44BE-B4FB-9414594399F1.png

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back