NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Will the bloke even get on the park?

He collapsed during his cricket game for kingston hawthorn on the weekend.
I haven't read the article so unsure how serious it was, but you'd think he'd need some recovery time.
This bloke has a shocking reputation in the cricket community....lets see how he fits in at Rezza

Lalor maybe lucky to go around at all this year, really struggling for players at moment apparently. Heard a few older guys interested in trying to resurrect the club but I can't see where the players will come from, especially if they are forced to fold this year.
Is there a possibility Lalor field only a senior side this year? EDFL have previously allowed clubs such as Jacana and Keilor Park the opportunity to stay open by doing so.

is it far fetched to think Lalor and Reservoir may be able to merge for a season?

Is there a possibility Lalor field only a senior side this year? EDFL have previously allowed clubs such as Jacana and Keilor Park the opportunity to stay open by doing so.

is it far fetched to think Lalor and Reservoir may be able to merge for a season?
Yeah I had similar thoughts tbh. Sounds like the mustangs should be ok. Recruited a couple now and had decent numbers at the intra club

Not footy related but a great idea from a bloke with a massive heart who is always looking out for his mates and a stranger in need. A loyal MERNDA FOOTBALL CLUB stalwart, Neil Davey has put together a mens group to have a chat on a monthly bases.
If your on FACEBOOK hit like and share it around who knows you might just help someone who is down and out.

We all jump on here potting and having laugh but sitting in the background is the Black Dog.
#mateletshaveachat
Screenshot_20220222-221836_Facebook.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any results from today’s practice matches? Mernda and south?
I watched the Stars vs Mernda.
A very young Mernda side came out firing and had the Stars in all sorts in the first 1/4 but weren't able to hit the score board.

Fitzroy Stars controlled the ball very well after the first 1/4, having both Neville Jetta and Nathan Lovett-Murray playing for STARS giving direction helped.

But to Mernda credit, I think they would've come away with a heap more positives than the Stars. I was told that Mernda had 11 senior players out of the side. The kids from Mernda in the last two years have grown and led very well on Saturday. Slot the experience in the side, along with the youth, and I think Mernda has got a FINALS side in 2022.

I'm not sure of the end result score wise, but I would've said Stars by a few goals.

It's great to have footy back!

I watched the Stars vs Mernda.
A very young Mernda side came out firing and had the Stars in all sorts in the first 1/4 but weren't able to hit the score board.

Fitzroy Stars controlled the ball very well after the first 1/4, having both Neville Jetta and Nathan Lovett-Murray playing for STARS giving direction helped.

But to Mernda credit, I think they would've come away with a heap more positives than the Stars. I was told that Mernda had 11 senior players out of the side. The kids from Mernda in the last two years have grown and led very well on Saturday. Slot the experience in the side, along with the youth, and I think Mernda has got a FINALS side in 2022.

I'm not sure of the end result score wise, but I would've said Stars by a few goals.

It's great to have footy back!
Not a bad result if stars had 2 afl players running around.

Anyone know how the Lions went against St Marys?

Any practice matches today?
It was good to watch south morang struggle for once. Haha. Na all jokes aside from a nuteral onlooker it was quite a good match. Patchy by both teams but what would you expect after the time off.
South morang will be quality again.
I'm unsure on who but I overheard that there recruit didn't play either.

Had a look at Epping Vs West.

No score kept but I believe was reasonably close. Both teams had dominate patches where they were able to kick multiple goals in a row. West had a couple of big blokes who went ok in the ruck but will miss Coulson.

West looked to have a few regulars missing but had Chimmenallo return who I believe missed a large chunk of last season.

Epping looked ok, but had a couple of players who clearly didn’t look up to seniors to me, maybe they were giving them a shot after a pre season? Very young looking side but will be in for a very long season.

Was great to have local footy back with a very decent crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back