NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

They obviously have a toxic culture where this is accepted.

This sort of behaviour you’d simply be moved on at good clubs.

They are literally the third worst club in the NFNL it’s not like this behaviour is actually achieving anything besides ruining their reputation and relationships with other clubs.
Exactly what I'm thinking, this kind of behaviour is clearly lauded behind closed doors as "the Mernda way" otherwise players would have curbed their behaviours by now. Ironically, as always, it's not tough, it's weak and cowardly.

Exactly what I'm thinking, this kind of behaviour is clearly lauded behind closed doors as "the Mernda way" otherwise players would have curbed their behaviours by now. Ironically, as always, it's not tough, it's weak and cowardly.
Nothing more cowardly than hitting a bloke in an environment they don’t expect to be hit in.

It’s quite interesting to see how hard they go on Delaney.

Last year he was launded as a great bloke who it was out of character for, that certainly won’t fly this time.

Is his right to play football more important than other players safety?

I think he will be given 7 with a week remaining for a life ban.

4 out of 4 for the weekend

Winner of the round: Going with Kilmore who bounced back after a few disappointing weeks to defeat Old Eltham in a slog up at JJ Clancy. 17 scoring shots to 9 and win coins have been by a bigger margin.

Loser of the round: Mernda, 2 goals up at 3 quarter time to again suffer a lost quarter fade-out 0-1-1 to 8-4-52. Laurimar more than double there score in last quarter. Then news of another unsavoury incident involving Mernda senior player, not a good look for club or player.

Disgraceful act, deserves 6-8 weeks.
Seems to be a common theme with Mernda, league will definitely have to take some action now, let’s see what they stand for.
What's the coaches stance on his senior players letting the side down with undisciplined acts? When a coach is hired its up to them to set the standards of the playing group and what is displayed to the Members of the footy club, general public and league. Wins against Lalor, Reservoir and a very flat Kilmore is what has been produced. Surely this forum have Mernda supporters that have had enough of the undisciplined acts and lack of passion for the playing group.
Robert Fletcher should've walked up to the president and said the act from our senior player today was a coward act and he shouldn't be pulling the jumper on again for this club.
This club needs a big clean out of the Football Department because they have not developed on what Paul Derrick had to leave behind after his sacking and get people with a no bullshit attitude and re-group for the future NOW or its going to be known as a THUG club with a bad reputation that struggles to get players in.

What's the coaches stance on his senior players letting the side down with undisciplined acts? When a coach is hired its up to them to set the standards of the playing group and what is displayed to the Members of the footy club, general public and league. Wins against Lalor, Reservoir and a very flat Kilmore is what has been produced. Surely this forum have Mernda supporters that have had enough of the undisciplined acts and lack of passion for the playing group.
Robert Fletcher should've walked up to the president and said the act from our senior player today was a coward act and he shouldn't be pulling the jumper on again for this club.
This club needs a big clean out of the Football Department because they have not developed on what Paul Derrick had to leave behind after his sacking and get people with a no bullshit attitude and re-group for the future NOW or its going to be known as a THUG club with a bad reputation that struggles to get players in.

There is a huge number of players that honestly believe they are “targeted” by the league and other sides are sooks.

Until they rid the club of these Neanderthals nothing will change.

A few rumours floating around but I believe we will see something above a regular suspension for this.

There is a huge number of players that honestly believe they are “targeted” by the league and other sides are sooks.

Until they rid the club of these Neanderthals nothing will change.

A few rumours floating around but I believe we will see something above a regular suspen
Would anyone actually care if Mernda was given the arse from the NFL? Would any clubs support them given their record - I doubt it
They could settle nicely in Div 4 WRFL football where their players & supporters would be guaranteed a punch on every week and they would be met with what they like to dish out

HOWEVER it was not that many years ago that West Preston both seniors and juniors were confronted by the exact same situation and look what they have achieved with putting decent people and standards in place

Mernda is on its last legs, we all know that - Lets hope that they can turn it around!!

Would anyone actually care if Mernda was given the arse from the NFL? Would any clubs support them given their record - I doubt it
They could settle nicely in Div 4 WRFL football where their players & supporters would be guaranteed a punch on every week and they would be met with what they like to dish out

HOWEVER it was not that many years ago that West Preston both seniors and juniors were confronted by the exact same situation and look what they have achieved with putting decent people and standards in place

Mernda is on its last legs, we all know that - Lets hope that they can turn it around!!
There comes a time also where you have to stop blaming the club for individuals actions, its like the “me too movement” which tars all men with the same brush which we know is b/s, I’m sure there are probably a lot of good people at mernda just some radicals who don’t appreciate the good deeds others do for them to get them on the park each week

There comes a time also where you have to stop blaming the club for individuals actions, its like the “me too movement” which tars all men with the same brush which we know is b/s, I’m sure there are probably a lot of good people at mernda just some radicals who don’t appreciate the good deeds others do for them to get them on the park each week
I take your point however their actions on the field is all that you can measure the club against at present - Unless the decent people start stamping their standards it will be too late for the whole club

We are already short of teams. So ideally not.

Put them on a $5000 bond that goes to the opposition and watch how quickly this is cleaned up. You literally can not afford to have idiots at the club.

Its not by accident the same club have all the rotten apples.

Laurimar is 2 minutes away and the same demographic and I can’t remember them having a significant incident in their entire existence.

The bloke that hit Mitch Thompson wouldn’t be playing under me if I was their coach. I’d tell him to pack his bags and cya later.

I certainly wouldn’t be throwing in my own cash to pay for tribunal advocates for these sort of acts which someone from Mernda said they did last time.

Sponsors will not keep putting cash up for that behaviour.
This might have to come from the Sponsors saying enough is enough
Obviously the club won't do it.

Its not by accident the same club have all the rotten apples.

Laurimar is 2 minutes away and the same demographic and I can’t remember them having a significant incident in their entire existence.

The bloke that hit Mitch Thompson wouldn’t be playing under me if I was their coach. I’d tell him to pack his bags and cya later.

I certainly wouldn’t be throwing in my own cash to pay for tribunal advocates for these sort of acts which someone from Mernda said they did last time.
Mernda might have all the rotten eggs on the field as you describe it but Laurimar have there fair share of rotten eggs over the fence there supporters are horrendous.
I witnessed a bloke supporting Laurimar calling a lady with a baby a F**KING **** on Saturday, Putrid behavior if it wasn't for the former president going down telling him to pull his head in and don't speak to women like that he would've continued.
I'm in agreeance with you about the previous player he wouldn't play in my side either not the first time he has went the sneak go. I'm all for evening up in the correct way not by being dirty and doing it from behind. HIS A COWARD

Mernda Football Club HAVE to set a standard and get rid of the rotten eggs. From a negative they need to turn this into a positive and grow from what the have learnt.
Id start with who is allowing the Eggs to walk back into a side after serving suspensions from UNDISCIPLINED acts. All he wants is to have the 4 points which isn't working well for him. Culture is everything and we only have to look at where he come from and how they are travelling.

That's what should've been looked at before hiring him and listening to his false stories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1417036
Great look for the league. Should get another Herald Sun article as well.

Might have to pull out the same advocate who got his suspension reduced last time.

Spoke to someone from Laurimar and they are absolutely seething. I expect this to be the breaking point for the league and real action taken
Wow what a coward. He has got priors and that has to be career ending in my opinion. Pathetic.

Mernda might have all the rotten eggs on the field as you describe it but Laurimar have there fair share of rotten eggs over the fence there supporters are horrendous.
I witnessed a bloke supporting Laurimar calling a lady with a baby a F*KING *** on Saturday, Putrid behavior if it wasn't for the former president going down telling him to pull his head in and don't speak to women like that he would've continued.
I'm in agreeance with you about the previous player he wouldn't play in my side either not the first time he has went the sneak go. I'm all for evening up in the correct way not by being dirty and doing it from behind. HIS A COWARD

Mernda Football Club HAVE to set a standard and get rid of the rotten eggs. From a negative they need to turn this into a positive and grow from what the have learnt.
Id start with who is allowing the Eggs to walk back into a side after serving suspensions from UNDISCIPLINED acts. All he wants is to have the 4 points which isn't working well for him. Culture is everything and we only have to look at where he come from and how they are travelling.

That's what should've been looked at before hiring him and listening to his false stories.
Clown

I witnessed a bloke supporting Laurimar calling a lady with a baby a F*KING *** on Saturday, Putrid behavior if it wasn't for the former president going down telling him to pull his head in and don't speak to women like that he would've continued.

Every club has idiot supporters, the fact he was told off by someone from Laurimar (I’m assuming you mean Laurimars ex president) shows you they certaintly don’t stand for that behaviour and they have the guts to call it out.

Regardless I can only go off what I have seen in terms of their supporters, which is no issues.

What are the false stories ? Genuine question.

Every club has idiot supporters, the fact he was told off by someone from Laurimar (I’m assuming you mean Laurimars ex president) shows you they certaintly don’t stand for that behaviour and they have the guts to call it out.

Regardless I can only go off what I have seen in terms of their supporters, which is no issues.
Mernda Ex President.

No it was Mernda ex president.

I

That's what should've been looked at before hiring him and listening to his false
I saw this as well. The girl was quite distraught, absolutely disgusting act from a Laurimar supporter

Unfortunately for mernda I’m pretty sure from what I’m hearing that there are some young blokes there that are pretty embarrassed by what has gone on and will be looking for new clubs next year. Also from what I can gather there are already a couple of sponsors that have said they will not be sponsoring the club next year and we’re dismayed when shown the footage of the past weekend that they are embarrassed also at being associated with the club.
It’s a shame that the actions of a couple can do so much damage to a club or organisation, but at the end of day the club chose to do nothing but play victim therefore consequences will follow.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back