NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

3 out of 4 in round 10 missing on Old Eltham

Winner of the round: Heidelberg west who had a great away victory over Old Eltham. Hywood leading the way with 6 majors and gives West a chance for finals. With Sth Morang beating Kilmore, west are now only 4 points behind Kilmore but with a superior %.

Loser of the round: Kilmore losing to Sth Morang puts some pressure on them in relation to playing finals. 4 weeks ago they were on top, now only a game clear in 4th, the door opens slightly for Heidelberg West

3 out of 4 in round 10 missing on Old Eltham

Winner of the round: Heidelberg west who had a great away victory over Old Eltham. Hywood leading the way with 6 majors and gives West a chance for finals. With Sth Morang beating Kilmore, west are now only 4 points behind Kilmore but with a superior %.

Loser of the round: Kilmore losing to Sth Morang puts some pressure on them in relation to playing finals. 4 weeks ago they were on top, now only a game clear in 4th, the door opens slightly for Heidelberg West
Kilmore won’t miss finals.

8 games remaining and 50% of them are against Lalor and Reservoir. Not to mention Mernda as well (yes they lost last time but can’t see that happening again surely)

Kilmore won’t miss finals.

8 games remaining and 50% of them are against Lalor and Reservoir. Not to mention Mernda as well (yes they lost last time but can’t see that happening again surely)
That is true, just trying to create some interest.

I don’t think the top 4 will chance either 10571z but got to give West some hope

Might be a stretch but could the turtles be the team under a little pressure? 2 consecutive losses and long term injuries to Rogers Milne Ellis and some tiring legs playing on Eltham college?
They have a decent run home, South twice at home, if they can win those they could still snatch top 2. But lose who knows. West would need to win most games from here starting this week against the power

Mernda have got on the front foot and locked in Robert Fletcher for the coming years. I called it when Whittlesea sacked the coach a few weeks back. They must like his story time at Mernda because it couldn't be his coaching that got him another couple of seasons with the club. What does he actually bring to the club?

Mernda have got on the front foot and locked in Robert Fletcher for the coming years. I called it when Whittlesea sacked the coach a few weeks back. They must like his story time at Mernda because it couldn't be his coaching that got him another couple of seasons with the club. What does he actually bring to the club?
Surprised by that. But really only been there 1.5 seasons.

Surprised by that. But really only been there 1.5 seasons.
Wow, the way they were travelling wouldn't of thought that. Haven't seen it on their fb, where was it announced.
Would of thought that with a few senior coaches hanging around looking for gigs there would of been a change..

Promises Promises are you saying that Whittlesea was looking at Fletcher as there next coach? 🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is taking the micky.

Be interesting to see how much of their list they hold with all that’s gone on.
10571z as in Whittlesea.
They have lost Waite (3 games) Wild (2 games) Mennan (7 games, big loss) and Molloy (2 games but a Whittlesea junior, big loss).

From what I have heard, much happier camp now but next coach will have an interesting challenge in 2023 be that they are in division 1 or division 2. They have got good kids coming through though in 16’s, 17’s and 19’s which will hold them in good stead

Round 11

Reservoir (7th 2-8) vs Old Eltham (3rd 7-3). A tough day for Reservoir last week going down by 290 points to Laurimar. They will look to be more competitive this week. For the turtles, a disappointing loss last week but they will look to bounce back with a big win tomorrow. They are 50% behind Sth Morang (235.24 vs 184.27) so will look to kick a big score to increase their percentage. Snow and Keys will look to kick bags tomorrow. Turtles by 187 points.

Match of the day in division 2 sees Heidelberg West (5th 5-5) vs Laurimar (1st 9-1) at Heidelberg Park. West had a great win last week over the turtles and will look to reproduce that form to keep their slight finals chances alive. Hywood has been in terrific form and will look to pose a challenge for the Laurimar backline. For the power, key forward Cecil had a day out last week and currently leads both the goal kicking (54) and coaches award (42) and with Andrews 2nd in coaches award led a very good Power side. They do lose Frawley but will look to Richards, Wilson and Gersh to continue their good form. Power by 29 points.

Lalor (8th 0-10) vs Kilmore (4th 6-4). For the bloods another 100+ loss and doesn’t get any easier with Kilmore on the rebound this week. Cawsey has had a great season for Lalor and continues to battle hard each week. Kilmore will look to Taylor-Egan, Barton and the Derrick brothers to continue their good form. Kilmore by 151 points.

Sth Morang (2nd 7-3) vs Mernda (6th 4-6). The Lions bounced back last week with a convincing away win over Kilmore. They get Potter back this week as well which only strengthens their side. Peterson, Coliadis, M Kalpakis and Stefanile form a dangerous forward group with 79 goals between them.
For Mernda they will look to make it 2 in a row but do lose Bongetti who sits 3rd in coaches award. Can Kimuliatis and Mazzarella kick a winning score against one of the premiership fancies? Sth Morang by 37 points.

Enjoy the footy and let’s respect umpires and officials.

10571z as in Whittlesea.
They have lost Waite (3 games) Wild (2 games) Mennan (7 games, big loss) and Molloy (2 games but a Whittlesea junior, big loss).

From what I have heard, much happier camp now but next coach will have an interesting challenge in 2023 be that they are in division 1 or division 2. They have got good kids coming through though in 16’s, 17’s and 19’s which will hold them in good stead
I meant Mernda. If they have reappointed their coach.

From what I heard a few players aren’t exactly keen on his old school mentality.. ripping shreds off blokes..

I meant Mernda. If they have reappointed their coach.

From what I heard a few players aren’t exactly keen on his old school mentality.. ripping shreds off blokes..
10571z sorry mate, I thought you were talking about Whittlesea.

Yea have heard a few Fletcher rips, in this day and age doesn’t really work, might once or twice a season, not every 2nd week

West vs Laurimar - Danger game for the Power. Thompson still out and Frawley also out now. West with a great win would look to go for another scalp. Laurimar should get the chocolates but West could cause any upset

Power - 16

Mernda vs South - Expecting South to get the chocolates 34 points

Other games both sides 200+

West vs Laurimar - Danger game for the Power. Thompson still out and Frawley also out now. West with a great win would look to go for another scalp. Laurimar should get the chocolates but West could cause any upset

Power - 16

Mernda vs South - Expecting South to get the chocolates 34 points

Other games both sides 200+
Laurimar deserved premiership favourites. Went under the radar last year after Morang started like a house on fire but they are absolutely flying. Could we see something different and the league promote both the Grand Finalist? And who is best positioned to stay up in div 2 if they make it?

Laurimar deserved premiership favourites. Went under the radar last year after Morang started like a house on fire but they are absolutely flying. Could we see something different and the league promote both the Grand Finalist? And who is best positioned to stay up in div 2 if they make it?

Its a question often asked but should a team go up if they do not win the GF, I have no doubt they are able but why take away a chance to play and win a GF. Not everyone gets to do it, could be a few Epping players that are pissed they missed at least trying to win a GF in Div 3 instead of coming up into Div 2 without even getting the chance.

4 out of 4

Winner of the round:Hard one as all of the favourites got up. Going with Laurimar who had a terrific contest with West all day. Down in the last quarter but a 5 goal to 2 quarter see them get over the line by 8 points.

Loser of the round:Heidelberg West would be very disappointed after leading by 19 points at half time over the Power. The slight chance of finals now seems to be gone.

Leading goalkickers

J Cecil - Laurimar - 57
B Kimuliatis - Mernda -38
A Hywood - Heidelberg West - 31

So was Fletcher actually reappointed?

The timing seems simply insane. Both grades are sitting 3rd last…. Middle of the season… no proper review or advertisement?

I’d find it hard to believe without actually advertising the position. Then if he is best for the job going forward then good luck to him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back