NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

3 out of 4 missing on Kinglake

Winner of the round: Reservoir get their first win for 2023 openings their account with a heart stopping 1 point win over Lalor, have to feel for the bloods who had the last kick of the day to win the game which sadly for them missed.

Loser of the round: Kinglake, who tasted defeat for the first time since rejoining the league. Old Eltham is a tough place to play but a goalless second half would be disappointing for the Lakers who next take on premiership favorites Laurimar

illumineer I think most NFNL followers had Laurimar as premiership favorites, I know I picked them for the flag at the start of the season.
Kinglake have been a breath of fresh air into the competition which let’s face it needed it with Reservoir and Lalor being so poor.
Fitzroy Stars on there day will cause an upset or two but think them and Kilmore fill position 6 and 7
Kinglake, Old Eltham, Mernda and Heidelberg West will be 2-5, in what order, after round 9 we will have a clearer picture.
Still lots to play out though, injuries, availability etc
So are the top 3 going to be laurimar, mernda, kinglake, 4th hw/turtles. kinglake got mernda, mernda got laurimar, laurimar got kinglake. couple of good games this week, hw v mernda, laurimar v kinglake. definitely has changed a bit from last year.

How pathetic if he did

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pathetic is a strong word. He retired from his Div1 Club and maybe still wants to play with a bit more relaxing time at training ect. You would think he could turn it on a few times and dazzle the crowd.

Pathetic is a strong word. He retired from his Div1 Club and maybe still wants to play with a bit more relaxing time at training ect. You would think he could turn it on a few times and dazzle the crowd.
To be fair 2 interviews on his retirement… if he rolled up at another club a month later would be pretty embarrassing

Reservoir vs Fitzroy
Stars to be to strong 52 points

Kilmore vs Lalor
Kilmore to bounce back after an average game against Mernda and get the win by 86 points

Kinglake vs Laurimar
Laurimar to show some dominance over Kinglake at home 27 points

Heidelberg West vs Mernda
The BUTTERWORTH CUP
is something neither club wants to lose, but I think the Demons are flying at the moment and will continue with a comfortable win Mernda 22 points

Good luck to all sides this weekend.

SWOOPINGTIME

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 7

Reservoir 8th vs Fitzroy Stars 7th.
The mustangs opened their account with a 1 point win last week with Petruccini and Evans leading the way. They welcome a fresh Fitzroy Stars to Crispe Park looking to return to the winners list. Their effort against them leave leader Kinglake 2 weeks ago was impressive and Stars will get win number 2. Stars by 78 points

Heidelberg West 4th vs Mernda 3rd. Massive game at Hawk Park with the winner to seperate stay in the top 4. West have dropped their last 2 games and need to get back on the winners list. They lose Bulman and Hill which makes it that bit more difficult. The demons come into the game full of confidence and could jump to second with a Kinglake loss. Mernda by 27 points

Kilmore 6th vs Lalor 9th, 2 teams coming off losses, the blues who only managed 3 goals against Mernda and the bloods losing by a point with the last kick of the game missing. Kilmore at home though will bounce back winking by 84 points

Kinglake 2nd vs Laurimar 1st. Top of the table clash up on the mountain and the Lakers will look to bounce back after last weeks disappointing first loss to Old Eltham. Only kicking 2 majors for the game will be of concern but back on their home deck should approach game with confidence. The power continue to show why they are premiership favourites (in my opinion) with another 40+ point win last week. Cecil has been quiet but tomorrow could be his day to kick a bag. Power by 27 points

Enjoy the footy

Thought it would be good to see players used so far this year for each team:

Kinglake 28
Mernda 30
Laurimar 30
Kilmore 32
HW 33
Turtles 34
Lalor 34
Reservoir 35
Stars 36

Very surprised with Lalor and Reservoir. For team struggling i would have thought the turnover would have been even greater. Stars have gone through a few.

Thought it would be good to see players used so far this year for each team:

Kinglake 28
Mernda 30
Laurimar 30
Kilmore 32
HW 33
Turtles 34
Lalor 34
Reservoir 35
Stars 36

Very surprised with Lalor and Reservoir. For team struggling i would have thought the turnover would have been even greater. Stars have gone through a few.

Health will play a big part in the 2nd half of the year.

Health will play a big part in the 2nd half of the year.
Rusted nuts agree, it’s the depth of clubs though which also helps.
Laurimar 2’s undefeated so seem to have plenty of depth which will help
Mernda seem to have a fairly strong 2’s
Do Kinglake and Turtles have the depth if they get injuries

Couple of interesting clearance applications
Tom Burns ex Eltham and Hurstbridge wanting to be cleared to Old Eltham. Gives them another goal kicker

Jay Russell ex Whittlesea premiership player, looking to be cleared to Kinglake from Riddell footy league

Write up on mernda in leader today, could only see headline, something about their captain out, anybody see and can post?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back