NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly any of em were hoers to begin with!

Oh stop now ONO..... over the past 30 years many SENIOR players who played for IAFC have played in the NFNL/Diamond Valley. Then if you want to include the IJFC players, a club the IAFC started back in 1966 but is now two separate corporate identities due to YJFL regulations, then there are a few more that have played in the NFNL.

To your other point though ......not sure we are gone, but investigating things would be more appropriate.

Chump :trophy:

Premier B down no boundary umpires someone said the other week.

quite a few teams have left/folded/merged/dropped to clubbies over the last few years. “Shambles” may be over the top

Fair enough. I would imagine the challenges around umpire availability and player retention are felt across all leagues. Having 7 men's divisions, 6 women's, plus 19's, 23's and masters is quite a lot of games to service every week. Without the burden of player payments helps clubs in one aspect but retention of players looking for reimbursement of their time and effort is the offset to this. Challenges across all clubs and leagues, with the one I see one of the greatest is the diminishing u19s numbers.

Deniliquingoose, finally talked your mum into letting you play with the internet.
Tho, lol thats cute, going with dat and dem as well ?
IQ of a wet fart folk
Deniliquingoose, finally talked your mum into letting you play with the internet.
Tho, lol thats cute, going with dat and dem as well ?
IQ of a wet fart folks.
Just got off the blower to mum she’s told me Kilmore’s season is over……. Can’t play Lalor and Reservoir every week

The axe has been swung at the turtle pond. The hyped up ex Epping lads Freebairn Jacobson Cullen all getting the chop in favour of a few blokes with walking sticks.

The axe has been swung at the turtle pond. The hyped up ex Epping lads Freebairn Jacobson Cullen all getting the chop in favour of a few blokes with walking sticks.
Interesting and well done for making a statement. Havent exactly set the world on fire. Bit of hype about those 3 but only been good in an ordinary Div 2 and Div 3 over last few years.
Lets see if the spit the dummy

Interesting and well done for making a statement. Havent exactly set the world on fire. Bit of hype about those 3 but only been good in an ordinary Div 2 and Div 3 over last few years.
Lets see if the spit the dummy

Have been told to play for free or not to expect playing in the seniors for the rest of the season. Turtles not happy with the hard bargaining it took to sign them and regretting the contract prices.

Have been told to play for free or not to expect playing in the seniors for the rest of the season. Turtles not happy with the hard bargaining it took to sign them and regretting the contract prices.
Really?? Fair enough to bargain if you have runs on the board but Div 2 and Div 3 ordinary sides and bargain? Kidding themselves. Well played Turtles I say.

illumineer so who did or didn’t do their due diligence at the Turtles recruiting staff.
Surely if players ask for a certain amount and bargain hard to get a contract it’s on the club, not the players.
Buyer beware has always been one of the first rules of recruitment.

illumineer so who did or didn’t do their due diligence at the Turtles recruiting staff.
Surely if players ask for a certain amount and bargain hard to get a contract it’s on the club, not the players.
Buyer beware has always been one of the first rules of recruitment.
I think your first mistake is to believe everything you read on big football lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats pretty pathetic from the club in all honesty. You agreed to a contract to pay them if they played seniors - sure drop them and dont play them in the ones if their form doesnt warrant it, but dont ask them to play seniors for free.

If the players were wanting overs then don’t sign them. This is on the football manager for signing them not the players if true.

I used to laugh at reserves players who would come in bragging they signed for $100 match payments if they played in the ones

'well i guess you're playing reserves all year then' 🤣

(for the record, i never signed a contract, played 90% reserves footy and enjoyed my $50 for a win when i did play seniors (nil for a loss))

What a load of garbage. Don't believe this for a second.
And if it's somehow true all players should walk immediately. You can't have buyers regret once you've signed players.

Tips for tomorrow

Reservoir vs Mernda the mustangs will look to continue to improve and take it Mernda who were disappointing in their last game against Kinglake. Demons by 84 points

Heidelberg West vs Kilmore the hawks were terrific last week and will look to continue their unbeaten streak. Kilmore got on the board and will have some re-newed confidence. If the hawks want to play finals these are the games they need to win. Hawks by 27 points

Kinglake vs Fitzroy Stars. The lakers continue on their winning ways last week, and will look to continue that in their first encounter with the Stars. The stars worked hard against laurimar last week and will need to bring the same intensity tomorrow. Close game but lakers at home by 18 points

Laurimar vs Old Eltham, an intriguing match up, the young legs vs the older legs. The turtles lose, they fall to 2-3 and makes it hard to make a top 2. Laurimar to much firepower. Power by 25 points

Mernda by 110
Kinglake by 38
Hawks by 40
Laurimar by 10

Also with your opinions who are the top 5 players to watch out for in division 3 this year?

Picks for this week.

Mernda to good for Reservoir 163 points.

Heidelberg West to get over Kilmore by 48 points.

Kinglake to put Stars away early 62 points.

Power to knock Turtles off at home 39 points.

Good luck to all sides this weekend.

SWOOPINGTIME

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back