NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic for the competition and the NFNL overall to have another senior club joining the ranks. 91% is also a very strong result so it means the club is basically all onboard so creates stability for them in moving to NFNL.
I look forward to doing weekly write ups and game previews of Ivanhoe.
Now we can only hope Reservoir and Lalor can 1) be viable and 2) become more competitive
10 teams in each of the 3 divisions, promotion/relegation in each division. Top 5 so an extra team into finals
Where does this leave Old Paradians, have they missed the boat here, do we need an 11 team comp or is it good to have the extra club if sadly a club does fold or go into recess for 12 months.

Doesnt sound like they have missed the boat yet.
If Paradians vote to join, the NFNL would be crazy to then say no due to having an odd number of teams, particularly with so much going on with Lalor.

Doesnt sound like they have missed the boat yet.
If Paradians vote to join, the NFNL would be crazy to then say no due to having an odd number of teams, particularly with so much going on with Lalor.
NFNL Member not disagreeing but if Old Paradians do come in and Lalor survive it becomes uneven again with 11 teams but I think you just take the extra team anyway

Round 17 tips

Reservoir (8th) vs Old Eltham (4th) Reservoir continue to show improvement however have a big challenge tomorrow against. Old Eltham. The turtles find themselves back in 4th position and will look to keep it and increase their % tomorrow. Old Eltham easily by 118 points

Heidelberg West (5th) vs Kinglake (3rd) West pushed Mernda all the way last week but couldn’t get the upset result and now look unlikely to play finals in 2023 and break a long senior finals drought. They take on a Kinglake side who have dropped out of the top 2 and not likely to make it back into the double chance. They also lose experienced trio of Douglas, McAllister and Pywell, with a bye in round 18 maybe the Lakers are resting some bodies. At home I think West might keep their ever so slight finals chances alive. Heidelberg West by 9 points

Kilmore (6th) vs Fitzroy Stars (7th) Both teams I think would be disappointed with their 2023 seasons however both sides can also look to a bright 2024. Kilmore have played a number of players under the age of 22 and Fitzroy Stars have experienced that winning feeling again after not winning a game in 2022 in division 2. At home will pick Kilmore to get win #6 for the year. Kilmore by 7 points

Mernda (1st) vs Lalor (9th) Full credit to Mernda who move into 1st position and give themselves every chance of winning a flag. This week they will just hope to play well, get the 4 points and more importantly no injuries leading into finals. Not sure if injured or rested they have Bennett, Evans, Golledge and Kimuliatis all not playing this week. For Lalor it will be another tough day at the office, it does sound as if there are some big footy optimists hoping for an improved 2024, fingers crossed that is the case. Mernda by 161 points

Enjoy the footy

Round 17 tips

Reservoir (8th) vs Old Eltham (4th) Reservoir continue to show improvement however have a big challenge tomorrow against. Old Eltham. The turtles find themselves back in 4th position and will look to keep it and increase their % tomorrow. Old Eltham easily by 118 points

Heidelberg West (5th) vs Kinglake (3rd) West pushed Mernda all the way last week but couldn’t get the upset result and now look unlikely to play finals in 2023 and break a long senior finals drought. They take on a Kinglake side who have dropped out of the top 2 and not likely to make it back into the double chance. They also lose experienced trio of Douglas, McAllister and Pywell, with a bye in round 18 maybe the Lakers are resting some bodies. At home I think West might keep their ever so slight finals chances alive. Heidelberg West by 9 points

Kilmore (6th) vs Fitzroy Stars (7th) Both teams I think would be disappointed with their 2023 seasons however both sides can also look to a bright 2024. Kilmore have played a number of players under the age of 22 and Fitzroy Stars have experienced that winning feeling again after not winning a game in 2022 in division 2. At home will pick Kilmore to get win #6 for the year. Kilmore by 7 points

Mernda (1st) vs Lalor (9th) Full credit to Mernda who move into 1st position and give themselves every chance of winning a flag. This week they will just hope to play well, get the 4 points and more importantly no injuries leading into finals. Not sure if injured or rested they have Bennett, Evans, Golledge and Kimuliatis all not playing this week. For Lalor it will be another tough day at the office, it does sound as if there are some big footy optimists hoping for an improved 2024, fingers crossed that is the case. Mernda by 161 points

Enjoy the footy
Just on Mernda. I totally agree with you. Full credit to them. They've had a good season and not many tipped them to be a contender or even making finals.
I see they have named a couple of U19.5's in their senior team. Their 19.5's are scheduled to play Kilmore. Their Reserves are scheduled to play Lalor. Both games maybe a forfeit for the weekend?
If so, it would be smart to rest some of their senior players with niggling injuries coming towards finals.

Just on Mernda. I totally agree with you. Full credit to them. They've had a good season and not many tipped them to be a contender or even making finals.
I see they have named a couple of U19.5's in their senior team. Their 19.5's are scheduled to play Kilmore. Their Reserves are scheduled to play Lalor. Both games maybe a forfeit for the weekend?
If so, it would be smart to rest some of their senior players with niggling injuries coming towards finals.
Kilmore 19's folded earlier in the year, so every game against them is a forfeit, Mernda 19's available to play SNR and reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible for the competition to have a team so uncompetitive. Not sure where they go from here
With West winning today, can they have a similar size win next week to leap frog the Turtles

Terrible for the competition to have a team so uncompetitive. Not sure where they go from here
With West winning today, can they have a similar size win next week to leap frog the Turtles
Checking the maths a 400 point would put them at 179%

Which wouldn’t be enough you wouldn’t think.

They’d want a better showing next week, imagine trying to recruit with those sort of recent results!

Not sure of the benefits of a win like that 2weeks out from finals.
Not sure what you are supposed to do? Fabricate a good team and pretend to play them? That’s the cards they were dealt and they executed. Not sure it’s ideal having a bye a week before finals either but that’s reality. Laurimar win it by 6-7 goals minimum anyway.
What’s the Laurimar, Diamo, Heid multi paying??

Not sure what you are supposed to do? Fabricate a good team and pretend to play them? That’s the cards they were dealt and they executed. Not sure it’s ideal having a bye a week before finals either but that’s reality. Laurimar win it by 6-7 goals minimum anyway.
What’s the Laurimar, Diamo, Heid multi paying??
Why do you rate Laurimar so much higher than Mernda?

Mernda have barely put a foot wrong all season. I really think Mernda should be favourites at this stage

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back