NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

West have picked up a good group of mates, be interesting to see how serious they are as a contender all their current crop will need to take a fair leap though

More bad news for Lalor Jimmy Vulic off to Craigieburn.
He didn't play alot had a foot/calf issue I think but what I saw he was pretty good.

What would be 'good numbers' for a club with only a SEN and RES side in Div 3 this time of year?

25?
35?
45?
More?

Or is it more about the number of guys saying they are playing - say 60+?

Chump

(Log in to remove this ad.)

35 i think would be acceptable.

have Ivanhoe started training yet chump?
35? I reckon if you’re getting 25 for 2 sides at this stage you’d be doing alright In Lalor’s position. How many Lalor’s 2s want to train 6 months before the season starts

35? I reckon if you’re getting 25 for 2 sides at this stage you’d be doing alright In Lalor’s position. How many Lalor’s 2s want to train 6 months before the season starts
yep i agree for lalor. i was speaking more generally and felt that chump was looking for a general answer but may have assumed incorrectly

doing alright with 25? I dont think that is doing alright given Lalor need to be put on notice after a number of forfeits the last 2 seasons. They need 40+ consistently. It might seem harsh but we cant have them compromising the competition again.

yep i agree for lalor. i was speaking more generally and felt that chump was looking for a general answer but may have assumed incorrectly
Yeah - it was a general question - not aimed at Lalor.

We started Monday - first run - had 42 but have another 20 odd committed to playing apparently already. We will see?

Chump

Is Ivanhoe planning on fielding 19s chump?
Not in 2024 but the planning is underway for future years.

We are a little fortunate 'right now' as our open age 'thirds' from the past couple of years that have merged into our SEN and RES teams had an age profile of 18-24. So we have a small buffer to build from in the immediate future whilst building towards under 19's in coming years.

Chump.

doing alright with 25? I dont think that is doing alright given Lalor need to be put on notice after a number of forfeits the last 2 seasons. They need 40+ consistently. It might seem harsh but we cant have them compromising the competition again.
It’s November mate. AFL teams are barely back. 40+ at this stage would be outrageous.

Agreed, 35-50 for teams expecting a strong campaign for opening night. For a club struggling like Lalor you would expect a few less but over the course of the first 3-5 sessions they would hope to have had 45+ different players attend.

Agreed, 35-50 for teams expecting a strong campaign for opening night. For a club struggling like Lalor you would expect a few less but over the course of the first 3-5 sessions they would hope to have had 45+ different players attend.

58 on the track 8 off it and about 25 former players and supporters. Good first up effort

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back