Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 167 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 414 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet Walsh averages more score involvements per game than Nicky... That's odd.

Oh my. Score involvements rofl. Now I have heard it all. You do realise how a score involvement works. How is Walsh going on average against Daics for goals and goal assists this year. He is getting smashed. Walsh is going at 0.4 a game for goals and 0.5 for assists. Pathetic. Look at his meters gained. 425m, I can’t stop laughing at that stat. Score involvements oh my. So a score involvement could be a handball 100m up the ground. Maybe checkout scoreboard impact.

Score Involvement: Number of scoring chains where a player was involved with either a disposal, hitout-to-advantage, kick-in or knock-on. If a player has two disposals in the same scoring chain, he is credited with one score involvement. Score Launch: Scoring chains launched by an intercept possession, free kick, hitout-to-advantage or clearance.
Scoreboard Impact: A player’s total amount of points scored from goals and behinds plus points scored from score assists. Goal and goal assists equal six points each and Behinds and behind assists equal one point each.

Oh my. Score involvements rofl. Now I have heard it all. You do realise how a score involvement works. How is Walsh going on average against Daics for goals and goal assists this year. He is getting smashed. Walsh is going at 0.4 a game for goals and 0.5 for assists. Pathetic. Look at his meters gained. 425m, I can’t stop laughing at that stat. Score involvements oh my. So a score involvement could be a handball 100m up the ground. Maybe checkout scoreboard impact.

Score Involvement: Number of scoring chains where a player was involved with either a disposal, hitout-to-advantage, kick-in or knock-on. If a player has two disposals in the same scoring chain, he is credited with one score involvement.Score Launch: Scoring chains launched by an intercept possession, free kick, hitout-to-advantage or clearance.
Scoreboard Impact: A player’s total amount of points scored from goals and behinds plus points scored from score assists. Goal and goal assists equal six points each and Behinds and behind assists equal one point each.
There's melts and then there's this 😂

Doesn't do damage with ball in hand yet is involved in more scoring chains than poor Nicky. Doesn't matter if it's Walsh or Charlie kicking them, as long as we're scoring. Unlike the Cold Pies who all work for Nick to stroke his own ego.

There's melts and then there's this 😂

Doesn't do damage with ball in hand yet is involved in more scoring chains than poor Nicky. Doesn't matter if it's Walsh or Charlie kicking them, as long as we're scoring. Unlike the Cold Pies who all work for Nick to stroke his own ego.

Scoring chains rofl, when 7 players may have had it after him. Tell me how is his actual scoreboard impact going. What impact does he have on the scoreboard. I will give you the choices

a) Very Little
b) None
c) SFA
d) The least out of any midfielder in the comp.

Scoring chains rofl, when 7 players may have had it after him. Tell me how is his actual scoreboard impact going. What impact does he have on the scoreboard. I will give you the choices

a) Very Little
b) None
c) SFA
d) The least out of any midfielder in the comp.
I'd really love to see vision of his forward 50 entry in the dying minutes of Saturday night's game - it was hilarious.

That and the three Cripps dives from marking/ruck contests.

Was great viewing

Edit: checked if Walsh's late f50 entry was in the match highlights on AFL.COM - It wasn't, but there was another left foot forward 50 entry with 4.35 left - glorious.

Last edited:
Cue pie poster responses aligned with posters supporting club

No Carlton supporter has nominated a current Carlton player in GOAT conversations
Ironic post when it is a reply to a poster called "WalshistheGOAT"

Ironic post when it is a reply to a poster called "WalshistheGOAT"
Ironic coming from someone who claims to be neutral but genuinely doesn't think Daicos ducks and dives for free kicks.

I've already said it dozens of times, I made this username after Walsh's first ever practice game vs the Hawks for us. Don't think I've ever seriously claimed he could be the greatest player of all time like some of the spatulas in here have done with Nicky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Find me the vision and I'll tell you
You didn't watch the game?

I'm not one to hunt down vision - it doesn't mean that much to me.

But if you're continually going to town about Daicos allegedly 'ducking and diving', and pretend to not see similar acts from your Captain, it says a fair bit about your character.

But if you're continually going to town about Daicos allegedly 'ducking and diving', and pretend to not see similar acts from your Captain, it says a fair bit about your character.
Right so you're going to claim he was diving with no evidence to back it up... I saw him go to ground a few times vs GWS after getting in a wrestle with Kieran Briggs... Probably the biggest ****truck in the AFL.

How do you think Daicos would fair in that situation or do you think he'd similarly end up on his ass?

Right so you're going to claim he was diving with no evidence to back it up... I saw him go to ground a few times vs GWS after getting in a wrestle with Kieran Briggs... Probably the biggest ****truck in the AFL.

How do you think Daicos would fair in that situation or do you think he'd similarly end up on his ass?
Hmmmm. So 'nothing to see here'.

Unsurprising.

Yet, you are bringing it up

Show the evidence fadge, otherwise its just another of your baseless claims

Another baseless claim

Hmmmm. So 'nothing to see here'.

Unsurprising.
Fudge I already said, go find me the vision and I'll judge it.

It's like me saying Daicos ducks and stages for free kicks without providing evidence. Difference is i've actually shown multiple clips of him doing just that.

If you can't provide any evidence of it why would I bother commenting on it?

Yet, you are bringing it up

Show the evidence fadge, otherwise its just another of your baseless claims
As I said, I won't be tracking it down.

You saw it, I saw it we all saw it.

You guys are showing your character when you continually jump on here to point out alleged 'ducks and dives' from Daicos, amongst the first to post footage, and completely ignore it when your captain does the same thing.

You guys are showing your character when you continually jump on here to point out alleged 'ducks and dives' from Daicos, amongst the first to post footage, and completely ignore it when your captain does the same thing.
Prove It Killian Scott GIF by Dublin Murders

There’s a mounting litany of footage of the boy wonder staging, ducking and squibbing. You’ve been called out to show footage across the 199 game career of Cripps - where is it? Oh but that’s right your retort is to the effect of “didn’t you watch last night’s game?” So again, you’re invited to post the footage that substantiates your claim about Cripps, otherwise it goes to the list of rubbish assertions that you post.

There’s a mounting litany of footage of the boy wonder staging, ducking and squibbing. You’ve been called out to show footage across the 199 game career of Cripps - where is it? Oh but that’s right your retort is to the effect of “didn’t you watch last night’s game?” So again, you’re invited to post the footage that substantiates your claim about Cripps, otherwise it goes to the list of rubbish assertions that you post.
I don't need to post anything to prove anything.

We all saw it.

And we now have 3 Carlton posters who have shown their character by pretending it didn't happen, because I don't care enough about it to track it down and post it.

Problem is this thread asks all to believe he could be the tallest poppy ever.

Too ridiculous to be true.
Yes it is asking a hypothetical question.

You could start a thread right now saying any player in history could the be the “goat” and there will be people shooting it down, even Lethal, Carey or Gaz sr.

Ps. there are a lot of Blues posts in here too I’ve noticed which is interesting

Yes it is asking a hypothetical question.

You could start a thread right now saying any player in history could the be the “goat” and there will be people shooting it down, even Lethal, Carey or Gaz sr.

Ps. there are a lot of Blues posts in here too I’ve noticed which is interesting
Yes, we have a deeply ingrained scepticism towards Collingwood’s evil hidden agendas.

We know they want to take over the world & destroy us all!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back