Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 167 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 414 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You forgot Shiel, who came on as the sub in the last quarter to go with him.

So 3 players to limit a 21 year old to 31 possessions. Imagine how good he's going to be with another couple of pre-seasons under his belt?
And he still gets 12 clearances.
There was never a chance of stopping the games best player from getting the ball, so go to plan B.
You are not going to beat him getting the ball, so just try and stop him using it.

When a coach need to enlist a few players to try and slow down a 21yo, then that says alot about that 21yo.

When any team plays Collingwood, at the strategy meeting they all have one thing they open with.
We MUST stop Nick Daicos because he is that good.

I struggle to think of another player in the league that coaches put this much time into, week in, week out.

But then again, a few wannabe Carlton experts on Bigfooty, would know more than the AFL coaches.

And he still gets 12 clearances.
There was never a chance of stopping the games best player from getting the ball, so go to plan B.
You are not going to beat him getting the ball, so just try and stop him using it.

When a coach need to enlist a few players to try and slow down a 21yo, then that says alot about that 21yo.

When any team plays Collingwood, at the strategy meeting they all have one thing they open with.
We MUST stop Nick Daicos because he is that good.

I struggle to think of another player in the league that coaches put this much time into, week in, week out.

But then again, a few wannabe Carlton experts on Bigfooty, would know more than the AFL coaches.

He is a gun but I think his twelve clearances and poor disposal efficiency go hand in hand with the way Essendon played him.

At every contest they stayed goal side of him and physically looked to push him back into the congestion. It was clear they were happy for him to get the ball on the inside rather than the outside.

To be fair the question posed by this thread is "Can he be GOAT?". @Fadge started the thread, asked the question and responded he thought he will definitely be GOAT. A bold and too early call for mine but an opinion. Clearly the question this thread asks is "can he be"

I'm predicting it is a matter of when, not if, we're anointing Nick Daicos as the AFL GOAT.

There's much history on this board between Carlton & Collingwood supporters & no doubt these sort of comments will usually attract criticism from a select few.

However, posters should be reminded to play the ball. Challenge the post/stat whatever and keep it from going to a personal level

He is a gun but I think his twelve clearances and poor disposal efficiency go hand in hand with the way Essendon played him.

At every contest they stayed goal side of him and physically looked to push him back into the congestion. It was clear they were happy for him to get the ball on the inside rather than the outside.
Exactly my point, it was well coached.
Essendon would have been drilled by Scott on what to do with Nick because he would be front of mind during the team meetings.
There are a lot of supposedly good players in the comp but most coaches wouldn't spend five minutes worrying about them.
When it comes to Daicos, there is a big circle around his name and they know he must be stopped.
Essendon did it well but again that shows in what high regard he is held by opposition coaching groups.

Apart from maybe the North Melbourne game (Although i think LDU will get the 3). he hasnt had a 3 vote performance for 2 months.

He will likely be top 5 in the brownlow, but he won't win it.

Both Cripps and Bontempelli have had multiple best on ground matches in that stretch.

Its a 2-horse race.

Apart from maybe the North Melbourne game (Although i think LDU will get the 3). he hasnt had a 3 vote performance for 2 months.

He will likely be top 5 in the brownlow, but he won't win it.

Both Cripps and Bontempelli have had multiple best on ground matches in that stretch.

Its a 2-horse race.
Since round 8 his AFLCA votes go
10,10,10,9,8,-,7,8. That’s the last 8 games he has played which is just over 2 months in time. 62 of 80 possible votes. He has been the hottest player in the comp during that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot Shiel, who came on as the sub in the last quarter to go with him.

So 3 players to limit a 21 year old to 31 possessions. Imagine how good he's going to be with another couple of pre-seasons under his belt?
Dylan Shiel who had 26 touches came on in the last quarter to tag Daicos??? Lmao did u watch the game? Hind was the sub

Essendon corralled him in well.
Haven’t seen woods or little nick play a few months now
But that was the most useless, ineffective 31 possession game in history
Embarrassing for him actually

Which games were the 10s here?
Round 8 v Carlton
Round 9 v Eagles
Round 10 v Crows

Cripps since round 8
-,5,-,10,7,-,9,10. Total 41

Bont
9,7,-,7,10,-,10,10. Total 53

So last 8 rounds Daicos 62, Bont 53 and Cripps 41 in the AFLCA which correlates very well with the Brownlow.

Still seeing a 2 horse race based on the last 2 months?

Essendon corralled him in well.
Haven’t seen woods or little nick play a few months now
But that was the most useless, ineffective 31 possession game in history
Embarrassing for him actually
Thats obvious.
If you had watched him over the last couple of months, then your opinion may be valid.

He has been consistently one of the top two or three players in the comp over that time.

Round 8 v Carlton
Round 9 v Eagles
Round 10 v Crows

Cripps since round 8
-,5,-,10,7,-,9,10. Total 41

Bont
9,7,-,7,10,-,10,10. Total 53

So last 8 rounds Daicos 62, Bont 53 and Cripps 41 in the AFLCA which correlates very well with the Brownlow.

Still seeing a 2 horse race based on the last 2 months?

Yeah i am.

Daicos likely votes since round 10:

Freo - 2 votes
Bulldogs - No votes
Demons - No Votes
Kangaroos - 2 votes (Could easily be 1 but to be lenient ill give him two)
Suns - No votes
Essendon - No Votes

4 votes total

In the same time frames

Bont

Swans - 1 vote
Collingwood - 3 votes
Brisbane - No Votes
Freo - 3 votes
Kangaroos - 3 votes
Port - No Votes

10 votes

Cripps

Suns - 1 vote
Power - No votes
Essendon - No Votes
Cats - 3 Votes
Tigers - 3 votes
Giants - 1 vote

8 votes

Considering Nick wont poll in the first 3 games of the year either, when is he getting his votes??

lets see how he goes after his terrible disposal efficiency Friday night. Team defense got a hold of him then id expect geelong to look to do the same.

Dylan Shiel who had 26 touches came on in the last quarter to tag Daicos??? Lmao did u watch the game? Hind was the sub
nah he just dominated the quarter, no one ever got near him!

naicos will likely end his career as one of the best modern day players. except maybe for h. reid & maybe isaac heeny, there aren't too many players who've constantly attracted attention in the majority of games that they have played. last season he demonstrated that he's an extremely capable player (deservedly finishing close to the top of the brownlow) and has added a contested element to his game this season. he's a very impressive player and behind the smug masks from posters i think anyone would gladly have him leading their club's midfield.

that being said; he had an ordinary night on friday. his disposal was shocking and made many bad decisions going forward.

Yeah i am.

Daicos likely votes since round 10:

Freo - 2 votes
Bulldogs - No votes
Demons - No Votes
Kangaroos - 2 votes (Could easily be 1 but to be lenient ill give him two)
Suns - No votes
Essendon - No Votes

4 votes total

In the same time frames

Bont

Swans - 1 vote
Collingwood - 3 votes
Brisbane - No Votes
Freo - 3 votes
Kangaroos - 3 votes
Port - No Votes

10 votes

Cripps

Suns - 1 vote
Power - No votes
Essendon - No Votes
Cats - 3 Votes
Tigers - 3 votes
Giants - 1 vote

8 votes

Considering Nick wont poll in the first 3 games of the year either, when is he getting his votes??
He is definitely getting votes against the Bulldogs and Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back