No love for lazers?

Remove this Banner Ad

I stated on one thread that Beams was the days biggest disappointment.

This does not mean that he should be dropped or that his effort was poor. just that he had a poor game. His performances over 2 years have raised high expectations. A new week., a new game, I hope he can have a greater impact as we know he is capable of.

I saw the deviation. It's ever so slightly to Dane's right, but still not enough to throw him off that badly.

It also means it should have thrown Gram off his line too. Yet he got to that contest despite giving Swan probably a 15-20 metre head start.

Macaffer was sitting all on his lonesome over the top after Gram left him, I just believe Swan should have been harder at that contest, especially given he had back-up in Blair. That was just one of many match defining contests we lost.

not sure if serious?

Beamsy just had a bad one no biggie i reckon he has the mettle and pride to come back and learn from it.
But Davis im sorry i cant forgive so easily, Grand finals are games where nobody can hide due to the pressure and contested nature of the game.
Every single player must be prepared to get hurt and be desperate in the contest, Davis ran around contests , skirted past, and sat out the back at various times, i dont give a rats what anyone says he took easy options last week and has not realised yet nor will he ever that in the big ones, a different mindset and application applies to these sort of games.

I can see where people are getting it from, he has gone missing a fair number of times recently, whether thats from fatigue after a long season or simply lack of form, Malthouse has preached a best 22, and not gifting games. Even though Beams is in our best 22, his form has to warrant it. He was one of the first Collingwood players I noticed who was having a shocker, and just didn't look like he made enough of an effort to get into it. Its not good enough, whether you're 19, or 29, for a side trying to win a Premiership.

I read the Herald Sun yesterday. They showed a chart created around a new measure of pressure players put on the opposition throughout the day.

Beams was high on the list of players applying pressure all day.

Remove this Banner Ad

No love for lazers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back