No one left, no one arrived, the quietest team in the trades knows they're still the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Your dynasty ended when Ling retired, but congrats on beating 3 finals chokers for your flags. Collingwood, Port, StKilda all renowned failures come finals time. We'll always wonder whether you could've beaten a real finals side on GF day. Your one shot at it with Hawthorn 2008 suggests not.

What proof do you have that our dynasty ended when Ling retired? We'll just send Jimmy to do that role, and blood another young midfielder or Duncan to replace Jimmy. Simple stuff, can anyone else do it?

Your dynasty ended when Ling retired, but congrats on beating 3 finals chokers for your flags. Collingwood, Port, StKilda all renowned failures come finals time. We'll always wonder whether you could've beaten a real finals side on GF day. Your one shot at it with Hawthorn 2008 suggests not.

In '07, '09, '11, Hawthorn were far behind the GF runners up. Therefore, you can't qualify in calling them chokers.

How does it make you feel that finals chokers like us (see the 90s) won 3 flags in 5 years?

Handbaggers have had a great little run at the top and I will forever be grateful to them for both the 2008 flag and preventing Collingflog going back to back in 2011, but as the saying goes all good things must come to an end.

Geelong won't have the hunger next year nor can they expect to have another charmed run with injuries. But I reckon they'll still be good for the top 4 even so. (yeah, I'm being a little generous here.. must be that lingering gratefulness for them putting an end to the Pies "dynasty")

Anything to suggest that we won't be as hungry? We're not like Hawthorn, missing out on finals the year after your flag.

I've only been here a few months, but in that time HodgePodge has really stood out for his conceit, lack of knowledge, blind hatred of Geelong, propensity to make stupid predictions, and insecurity over the 2008 Bradbury.

I am sure that, when Hawthorn next beats Geelong in 2018, you will feel vindicated but seriously dude, 3 in 5 speaks for itself. You just look like a moron talking that down.

I've only been here a few months, but in that time HodgePodge has really stood out for his conceit, lack of knowledge, blind hatred of Geelong, propensity to make stupid predictions, and insecurity over the 2008 Bradbury.

I am sure that, when Hawthorn next beats Geelong in 2018, you will feel vindicated but seriously dude, 3 in 5 speaks for itself. You just look like a moron talking that down.

Welcome to BigFooty, nothing changes, HP continues his fascination with the greatest team of all while we sit back and bask in the sunshine...

Bosk and his buddy hodge splodge are trying to derail this thread with their stench of failure. You are Geelong's bitch how about trying to beat us this decade? :eek:

looking fwd to 2012.

I pray geelong have enough fuel in the tank to make it to the big dance, so the hawks can win number 11 in style :p

I've only been here a few months, but in that time HodgePodge has mercillesly trolled my conceit, lack of knowledge about the game, and blind faith in Geelong that my offended over our failure in 2008 is actually worse.

I am sure that, when Hawthorn next beats Geelong in 2012, I will cry but seriously dude, stop toying with my feelings.

efa

mate you totally gave up that the HP sauce has effected you....the game is to not let anyone know you have been owned.

Takes little cat under wing.

What proof do you have that our dynasty ended when Ling retired? We'll just send Jimmy to do that role, and blood another young midfielder or Duncan to replace Jimmy. Simple stuff, can anyone else do it?

Yeah why didn't Hawthorn think of that in 1992?

Or North Melbourne in 2000?

Or Brisbane in 2004?

Or Port Adelaide in 2008?

You're gone. :D

Yeah why didn't Hawthorn think of that in 1992?

Or North Melbourne in 2000?

Or Brisbane in 2004?

Or Port Adelaide in 2008?

You're gone. :D
Tell me 9 regular players from each of those teams (we have Bartel, Enright, Kelly, Taylor, Corey, Wojcinski, Chapman, Stokes, Mackie), and 2 kids (Duncan and T Hunt) that could play Ling's role well.

Ling was never highly rated by opposition supporters, and now he's an absolute requirement?

FR, your posts are terrible.
1. You said we were going to have a bunch of 30-somethings.
2. You said half our list is 32.

Fact is:
We will have one less thirty+ year old than this year, yet we won the flag this year. Rules out that excuse.

3. You brought up our age as if it was a bad thing.
4. You went on to call them stars.
5. Now you're saying we're gone when a 30something year old retires.

Contradicting statements aren't exactly good backups for your arguments.

You answered your own question. If it was that simple everyone would be doing it, including Geelong.

Umm, everyone gets replaced, no team goes out with 16 men on the field. Duncan is no Bartel and Bartel is no Ling, and whoever takes Duncan's role is no Duncan. Dynasty over.

In '07, '09, '11, Hawthorn were far behind the GF runners up. Therefore, you can't qualify in calling them chokers.

Yeah I can. Collingwood have won 2 of their last 16 Grand Final attempts or something, Port Adelaid have an abysmal finals record, and StKilda have won the one flag in their history. Geelong haven't beaten a team with a strong finals culture.

How does it make you feel that finals chokers like us (see the 90s) won 3 flags in 5 years?

It kinda proves my point. Geelong have only beaten Grand Final teams with a strong history of failing in September. When they came up against a renowned finals competitor, they were thrashed.

You answered your own question. If it was that simple everyone would be doing it, including Geelong.

Umm, everyone gets replaced, no team goes out with 16 men on the field. Duncan is no Bartel and Bartel is no Ling, and whoever takes Duncan's role is no Duncan. Dynasty over.

We are doing it though. That's what good teams with second to none staff do.

No der, idiot. You don't expect a 20 year old kid to be on the same level as a premiership captain and the best tagger in the comp, or a 3x premiership player, Brownlow medallist, multiple AA and Norm Smith medallist. But at the rate Duncan is going, I won't be surprised if he achieves what they have. Remember that we still have almost all of our premiership team, and losing one good tagger won't hurt us. We already lost our best player, president, another good player and coach, and still won a flag. I think we can handle Ling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are doing it though. That's what good teams with second to none staff do.

Claiming you are doing it and actually doing it are two different things. There is no Ling quality tagger to replace Ling. Bartel tagging a player means you miss a quality midfielder and he doesn't do Ling's job as well as Ling would.

No der, idiot. You don't expect a 20 year old kid to be on the same level as a premiership captain and the best tagger in the comp, or a 3x premiership player, Brownlow medallist, multiple AA and Norm Smith medallist.

Again, answering your own questions, yet somehow you probably still don't get it.

But at the rate Duncan is going, I won't be surprised if he achieves what they have. Remember that we still have almost all of our premiership team, and losing one good tagger won't hurt us. We already lost our best player, president, another good player and coach, and still won a flag. I think we can handle Ling.

Ablett leaving was never going to affect Geelong too much, and I said as much prior to his departure, as did Wayne Carey. Ling is a big loss, and spells the end of your dynasty of beating chokers in Grand Finals.

Yeah I can. Collingwood have won 2 of their last 16 Grand Final attempts or something, Port Adelaid have an abysmal finals record, and StKilda have won the one flag in their history. Geelong haven't beaten a team with a strong finals culture.

It kinda proves my point. Geelong have only beaten Grand Final teams with a strong history of failing in September. When they came up against a renowned finals competitor, they were thrashed.

So you're telling me I shouldn't be that happy with our premierships because of their finals history with completely different lists? I see your logic.
"St Kilda lost in diz year 50 yearz ago, diz year 44 yearz ago, diz year 38 yearz ago etcz. Geelongz beat dem in 2009z, but it doezn't meanz much becoz St Kildaz lost so many before dat, when they hadz different people on their team".

Didn't say they choked, they just got smashed by proven finals competitors.

BWAHAahhahaha, proven finals competitors..?
You must of been in a coma since '08, dickweed.. lol... :eek:
Freo, lol.

Current squads 3 >>> 1

Again, didn't say Geelong were finals chokers. Their recent flags all against renowned finals chokers though. Had one chance to prove themselves against a good finals team and they were found wanting :)

So you're saying Geelong is a shit team who only beat shit teams?
Speaks volumes about the Hawks who not only didn't back up their flag by missing the finals completely in '09, but have recently lost finals to Freo and Geelong.

Again, nice self-pwn, rainman...

It's actually Hawthorn 10, Geelong 9.

I knew you'd try that little ditty whilst we're obviously discussing the current teams.
You know why..?
Here, have some extra straws. :)

Actually Hawthorn has 10 flags to Geelong's 9.

....but well done on finally passing Fitzroy's tally! :eek:

And another chump joins the purposely stupid queue...
Good argument, gay-boy.:D
Anything else..?

nah...

You're right, spring chickens like Milburn, Scarlett and Taylor will be there forever. :rolleyes:
Grow a brain, moran!
Taylor is 25.

Laidler left because he was behind Taylor Hunt. George Horlin-Smith (the player we got with the pick you gave us) will trump them both.

BWAHAahhahaha, proven finals competitors..?
You must of been in a coma since '08

Umm, beating Freo interstate in 2010 was no mean feat, particularly with a 2 man bench. We also made the prelim this year which is about par with our home and away form, so you haven't showed any kind of disparity between finals and home and away form which would indicate a finals choker. Nevermind that none of this had actually happened before 2008 so didn't count towards our finals record that day when we smashed your threepeat dreams into smithereeens.

Current squads 3 >>> 1

Roff, u serious? If we're talking current squads nobody's won a flag.

So you're saying Geelong is a shit team who only beat shit teams?
Speaks volumes about the Hawks who not only didn't back up their flag by missing the finals completely in '09, but have recently lost finals to Freo and Geelong.

No I didn't say that, you're putting words in my mouth out of desperation. Geelong didn't beat any teams with a good finals record. When they came up against one they were embarassed. It shouldn't be hard to understand bro, particularly for a handbagger such as yourself who has lived it :eek:

Some people (ie. idiots) on the Saints board were talking about us getting Mark Blake as a back up ruckman.

My reaction

worffrustration.gif

One of the few things I've been able to troll Geelong about the past few years is how they kept Spud Blake and gave us an AA ruckman King for nothing.

If we recruited Blake all that trolling will just blow up in my face.
I think the 2009 Grand Final decided that King v Blake argument in our favour actually.

No I didn't say that, you're putting words in my mouth out of desperation. Geelong didn't beat any teams with a good finals record. When they came up against one they were embarassed. It shouldn't be hard to understand bro, particularly for a handbagger such as yourself who has lived it :eek:
Will my brain explode if I try to argue with stupidity like this?

I think the 2009 Grand Final decided that King v Blake argument in our favour actually.

Don't think King or Blake had anything to do with the result, the blind goal umpire was the difference that day.

Umm, beating Freo interstate in 2010 was no mean feat, particularly with a 2 man bench.

Yeah, especially when you beat them interstate by 116 points 2 weeks beforehand.
Dumbarse.

We also made the prelim this year which is about par with our home and away form,

And you choked badly.
Nice form. :):thumbsu:

Roff, u serious? If we're talking current squads nobody's won a flag.

hahaha, you're stuck on a speed bump here, pudge.
Better reverse & try again.

No I didn't say that, you're putting words in my mouth out of desperation. Geelong didn't beat any teams with a good finals record.

And Hawthorns finals record of late..?
Beat a shithouse Geelong in 2008 and then, hmmm. :eek:

Keep the self pwn flowing, fat man.

Claiming you are doing it and actually doing it are two different things. There is no Ling quality tagger to replace Ling. Bartel tagging a player means you miss a quality midfielder and he doesn't do Ling's job as well as Ling would.

Again, answering your own questions, yet somehow you probably still don't get it.

Ablett leaving was never going to affect Geelong too much, and I said as much prior to his departure, as did Wayne Carey. Ling is a big loss, and spells the end of your dynasty of beating chokers in Grand Finals.

How little you know about Geelong, as stated by another Geelong poster. I'm on BF on my iPod, and I don't know if my thumbs can handle the amount of typing I need to do to reply to you.

My message to you personally, learn your facts before arguing. In saying Ling is better than Ablett Jnr, I think it's fair to say you're not fit to make statements about us. Happy off season.

Remove this Banner Ad

No one left, no one arrived, the quietest team in the trades knows they're still the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back