Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Another 30 from Cummins would be pretty handy as well...
His form of late, other than that first dig knock has been ordinary.But even if Scotty can hang around and gather some runs will be handy.
We leaked too many runs last night to their tail. Could be costly.
If the batsmen play to their ability, then we should get the runs.

I don't think they will be scrutinised hard unless we completely embarrass them in the series, which won't happen if they keep dishing up roads. Have to commend the captain and coach for getting the public/media to lap up anything and everything they dish up, as it is all in the interest of "saving Test cricket". There were fist pumps for Root and Bairstow after playing atrocious shots to get out. If they lose by a few wickets, Stokes will still be lauded for having a go.

I don't mind their intent to force a result, but at the same time it is basically turning a Test match into one long middle stretch of a ODI, which is the deadest form of cricket out there. And it is nauseating listening to everyone cream themselves over it. There's only Ponting and Taylor in commentary, and the rest of them (especially Pieterson and Sangakkara, who aren't even English) are insufferable. Pontings shut down of KP in the lunch break yesterday was magnificent.

It would be glorious to chase these runs down. You'd think England were 500 runs in front and scoring at 10 per over the way the commentators were carrying on while they were batting yesterday. Sadly I think the weather will juice up the swing/seam and hand them the victory.

Well said Alfonz

My Buddy is NOD

Not sure if we make the target with the overs left. Khawaja is in no rush. He's rock solid though.

That rain delay has hurt our chances. We have the middle order to do it with Cummings a half decent batter to come.

Not sure if we make the target with the overs left. Khawaja is in no rush. He's rock solid though.

That rain delay has hurt our chances. We have the middle order to do it with Cummings a half decent batter to come.

A few overs of Moeen Ali can change all that. Deadset the worst regular test cricketer I’ve ever seen from a top line test nation (i.e. not Bangladesh, Zimbabwe etc.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All's quite in the Hollies stand after all the advice they have given out to Australia over the past five days.

England may well have lost the test on day one by declaring with Joe Root still at the wicket. Another 25 runs would have been invaluable.

Another bungle by England was the selection of Moeen Ali coming off no red ball cricket for two years.

England need to win two more tests than Australia from here and they will be under real pressure from their rabid media if bazzball breaks down under that pressure with the ashes on the line.

The England cricketers will need more than trash talk to do the job from here.

Edgbaston isn't really a great venue for a team without a Frontline spinner and with a keeper that can't catch.

Anderson and Robinson seem to need assistance from the pitch but their limited overs batters will crumble if that assistance is provided.

They'll need to change a few things up. Cummins tactics this test weren't great but I reckon he'll adjust reasonably quickly. Going to be an interesting series.

Ironic we finished on 8 for when that is what the cocky poms declared on in the first innings
I read on Twitter (sorry can’t remember who so can’t credit him), but for the whole match it was 18/668 off ~1250 balls v 18/666 off ~850 balls.

And suck a ddd Nobinson.

For sleep and functioning reasons I went to sleep when Uzzie got out. Fully expecting to wake up to a loss. How Bloody GOOD!

The smug attitude of everything Baz Ball is annoying. Good news is we have a lot of improvement in us from a batting perspective. I am not sold on such a long batting tail and still want to know why Green bowled 8-10 overs for the match.

For sleep and functioning reasons I went to sleep when Uzzie got out. Fully expecting to wake up to a loss. How Bloody GOOD!

The smug attitude of everything Baz Ball is annoying. Good news is we have a lot of improvement in us from a batting perspective. I am not sold on such a long batting tail and still want to know why Green bowled 8-10 overs for the match.
Yep. Plenty of improvement out of Marnus and Smith, as well as from Starc or Neser for Hazlewood (which will also improve the batting tail). Green hasn't played much cricket in England and will get better as well.

The bowling attack will be interesting. Tests 2 and 3 and also 4 and 5 are very close together.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the same attack at Lord's before a completely different attack for Headingley tbh. Wouldn't be surprised to see it change significantly either

Probably want Starc playing on the pitch that is offering us less and Boland on the one offering us more.

Hazlewood's body likely won't cope with playing two tests in under two weeks so won't be able to play each test. He can probably play at Lord's but won't be playing at Headingley if he does.

Not sure if you're referring to Cummins or Boland, but the three 11s are Boland, Hazlewood, and Lyon, not Cummins.
I reckon everyone being harsh on Gaz, he's a decent number 10 these days. Boland and Hazlewood are bunnies though.

I wouldnt mind seeing bat DEEP TM at some point this series and get Neser and Starc in there with Cummins

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back