Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really enjoying the (admittedly shitty) British media savaging their own team whenever Bazball fails to beat up a mediocre opponent. The idea that they had somehow solved test cricket by playing a T20 style seemed so ludicrous that the schadenfreude is really something.

I'm really enjoying the (admittedly shitty) British media savaging their own team whenever Bazball fails to beat up a mediocre opponent. The idea that they had somehow solved test cricket by playing a T20 style seemed so ludicrous that the schadenfreude is really something.
Let's not get too cocky ourselves - going to be hard to win this game without Lyon and whilst Bazball isn't a miracle worker it'll good as ensure a result happens.

A very nice 91 run first innings lead and plenty of time to build a good second innings total if we are good enough.

We have our noses in front and need to play it calm from here in this match. England are going to have to make the running if they want to win this match.

Todd Murphy will be an adequate replacement for Lyon.

A very nice 91 run first innings lead and plenty of time to build a good second innings total if we are good enough.

We have our noses in front and need to play it calm from here in this match. England are going to have to make the running if they want to win this match.

Todd Murphy will be an adequate replacement for Lyon.
Might be an over reaction but if that calf is bad it could be the beginning of the end. These things always happen quicker than we think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy is pretty good

I still have Australia as slight favourites this test and series with Lyon out
Slight favourites? They are 126 runs ahead with 10 wickets in hand to go 2-0 up in the series...

And Australia doesn't have Lyon who is one of the best bowlers in the world taking up an end with the pace bowlers rotating through the other.
The part-timers are good enough to mean we dont lose all spin options. Would take an incredible effort from England from here

This hasn’t been scheduled as a day/night test, so why play under artificial light? This isn’t ideal for the Australian batsmen. I’d be spewing if I got out in these conditions.

This hasn’t been scheduled as a day/night test, so why play under artificial light? This isn’t ideal for the Australian batsmen. I’d be spewing if I got out in these conditions.

Yes, agreed. Khawaja had a few misses but survived. I feel he could go on for a big innings.

Just shows how strong mentally he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back