Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

A heartbreaker for the Demon i think going up 2 sets to 1 up on a roll.

Then basically get smashed at the end.

Not sure what his ceiling will ever be he i feel he is good enough though to make a semi-final in grand slams at one point during his career.

Not sure he will win one.

Detroit Lions striking a blow for loser franchises everywhere this morning.

There is hope for us yet!
I was thinking that.

I am a Miami Dolphins fan our drought is 50 years now. But at least i suppose we have 2 Super Bowl wins and a perfect season legacy.

But gee Detroit has been a wasteland & complete losers for there whole existence.

Not one Superbowl appearance.

A heartbreaker for the Demon i think going up 2 sets to 1 up on a roll.

Then basically get smashed at the end.

Not sure what his ceiling will ever be he i feel he is good enough though to make a semi-final in grand slams at one point during his career.

Not sure he will win one.

He reminds me of David Ferrer...consistent enough to be be top ten...gets wiped by the top players...not enough point of difference

He reminds me of David Ferrer...consistent enough to be be top ten...gets wiped by the top players...not enough point of difference
Agreed I think Demon is a long way off a grand slam title.
He’s a good honest aussie battler but there’s a big gap to the elite players in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you give them much chance against the 49ers?

Detroit have a few things going for them, they are still there, and going OK. They have gained play off experience and have a very good QB in Jared Goff.

For the 49'ers QB Brock Purdy has been nothing short of amazing. Quite inexperienced but seems to jump most hurdles that are put in front of him.

I favour SF to beat Detroit in a close game.

The Chiefs and Ravens game is a tough one to call, I favour the Ravens to win a close one because of Lamar Jackson's brilliant play this season. Having said that, Mahomes is a top shelf QB also.

It's a mugs game predicting such things but I am sticking my neck right out and saying the Ravens will defeat San Francisco in the Super Bowl.

As a kid we had a big box full of Lego. I occasionally got Lego as a present but it would always end up in the big box as random pieces. I would play Lego with my friend Sean. At his house they had a large cloth bag for all his Lego but same thing; large collection and playing was building stuff from the massive pile of random pieces.

I get the feeling that a lot of modern households keep their Lego sets intact. So if it was originally an X wing it gets made then that's it. Its now an X-Wing for display. Would this be true?

My opinion is that if you follow the instructions and make the set and that's that you are not playing Lego you are playing IKEA.

As a kid we had a big box full of Lego. I occasionally got Lego as a present but it would always end up in the big box as random pieces. I would play Lego with my friend Sean. At his house they had a large cloth bag for all his Lego but same thing; large collection and playing was building stuff from the massive pile of random pieces.

I get the feeling that a lot of modern households keep their Lego sets intact. So if it was originally an X wing it gets made then that's it. Its now an X-Wing for display. Would this be true?

My opinion is that if you follow the instructions and make the set and that's that you are not playing Lego you are playing IKEA.
We were the same. Make the set first. Break it up and make something else out of it , throw it in the general population box until it was made into other things

That's what I do with my kids too, make them break it apart then, i take away the instructions and it all goes into the big collection. Now go nuts!

No, our kids have done the same. There might have been the occasional one they build and it went on their shelf for a while but eventually it go broken up and put into the storage. I recon we've got thousands of dollars worth all sorted into different colors in draws.

What is needed is database that you can log all of your sets. Then an AI robot that would sift through all the pieces and pull out the bits required for a build. Maybe I just get the kids to do it off the instructions and then sell it for 1/3 of the price.

Agreed I think Demon is a long way off a grand slam title.
He’s a good honest aussie battler but there’s a big gap to the elite players in the comp.

He'll never get close to winning one. Be surprised if he ever gets further than the quarter finals. Doesn't (and never will) have the power game that the big boys have.

Guys like Hewett, Courier, Chang, Muster etc would also struggle these days. I think De Minaur would go pretty well against them. Once upon a time these short battler types could win grand slams, but not anymore. Peak Agassi might be a small player who could push the modern taller players, but he was on another level to De Minaur.

Fulham's wait for a Major Trophy continues on.

Certainly didnt disgrace themselves across 2 ties with Liverpool in the semis of the League cup.

1-2 & 1-1 all draw. They were up 1-0 for a long time at Anfield a few weeks back.

Craven Cottage looked like it was pumping this morning.

If it went to extra time or penalties could have pinched spot in the final.

Anyway onto surviving in the Premier league for another season.

Fulham's wait for a Major Trophy continues on.

Certainly didnt disgrace themselves across 2 ties with Liverpool in the semis of the League cup.

1-2 & 1-1 all draw. They were up 1-0 for a long time at Anfield a few weeks back.

Craven Cottage looked like it was pumping this morning.

If it went to extra time or penalties could have pinched spot in the final.

Anyway onto surviving in the Premier league for another season.

You'll have no trouble surviving, but just in case can you rest a few for the FA Cup tie this weekend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back