No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

And Hawkins this year came as that French pole vaulter with the bar though his er, um, yeah.

You would just hope this is the final nail in the coffin for all post season dress ups. They're all childish/offensive and most are just downright stupid at the best of times.
Not talking about the GWS incident, but mad Monday in general, why do people think they can decide what other people find funny?

Kane Cornes always complains about it. If players are dressing up and going to a pub why does there need to be outrage? It’s something that’s beyond easy to avoid consuming.

Never understand why people think they can decide what other people should be able to do for fun (again, not talking about gws).

They were simulating rape, big boy.

If not wanting to be cancelled = wanting to be a decent person that holds a level of respect for others then I wouldn’t want to be canceled either.

I doubt you have the emotional intelligence or empathy to comprehend how this would affect women at the club and partners of the players involved.

Yeah, it was in bad taste, but you are just reading off a script to signal your virtue.

GWS AFLW coach said after their loss to Hawthorn that the events of the last week took a heavy emotional toll on the side but the relationship with the men's team is 'definitely reparable'. - 3AW

We need to condemn bad behaviour sure, but comedy and acting is often important to highlight atrocious behaviour. We have someone here in BigFooty with a Palestine flag as their avatar, that went up straight after the appalling events last year. The brutal rape, torture murder on October 7 was cheered on by many, and continues to be. So let’s be a bit merciful to some young lads doing a comedy sketch, and get things into a bit of perspective.

Not talking about the GWS incident, but mad Monday in general, why do people think they can decide what other people find funny?

Kane Cornes always complains about it. If players are dressing up and going to a pub why does there need to be outrage? It’s something that’s beyond easy to avoid consuming.

Never understand why people think they can decide what other people should be able to do for fun (again, not talking about gws).

Yeah, but if I'm putting on the hat of a club CEO or footy manager, then I would be saying as employees of this club, you're just not dressing up, no arguments.

I don't care if you're all going as circus clowns or something entirely inoffensive, we're just not taking the risk anymore. Is it succumbing to 'cancel culture'? Probably, but from a practical sense, why take the risk given the fallout?

As for what is and what isn't funny, you're right, it's subjective, but I've just always thought the dress up thing is dumb, just my opinion. Something best left for the end of school rather than professional sportsmen.

I’m just glad the afl has it’s priorities right.

Cracking down savagely on these immature young men and their poorly chosen comedy skits is sooooo important.

Meanwhile, let’s cut to a break for the odds on our next match while society continues dealing with the scourge of problem gambling.

Yeah, it was in bad taste, but you are just reading off a script to signal your virtue.
What does that even mean.

I’m just glad the afl has it’s priorities right.

Cracking down savagely on these immature young men and their poorly chosen comedy skits is sooooo important.

Meanwhile, let’s cut to a break for the odds on our next match while society continues dealing with the scourge of problem gambling.
You are acting as if both cannot be done and also as if reenacting a sex crime is equivalent to a perfectly legal adult activity.

I’m against banning dress ups, there have been some very clever costumes in the past that haven’t offended anyone. Humour is great and needs to be encouraged. But some subjects should be off limits due to being illegal, and harmful, and a threat to women especially, eg rape, and court cases that are not funny to anyone. Whoever set the theme did not think it through. Surely there were plenty of alternatives that didn’t require such secrecy.

What does that even mean.

You are acting as if both cannot be done and also as if reenacting a sex crime is equivalent to a perfectly legal adult activity.
Bored Monsters Inc GIF

We need to condemn bad behaviour sure, but comedy and acting is often important to highlight atrocious behaviour. We have someone here in BigFooty with a Palestine flag as their avatar, that went up straight after the appalling events last year. The brutal rape, torture murder on October 7 was cheered on by many, and continues to be. So let’s be a bit merciful to some young lads doing a comedy sketch, and get things into a bit of perspective.
I am assuming you are having a go at me, I don’t condone what happened on October 7, I don’t condone violence ever, as a solution to conflict. Israel continues to ignore the United Nations General Assembly’s countless Resolution’s and continues to illegally occupy and take over more land designated for a Palestinian State, working under the Zionist ideology, (not Jewish) that Palestinians are an inferior race, than yes I do recognise the struggle for Palestinians to continue to live on their land, and condemn the occupation and apartheid violence of Israel leading up to October 7th.

Over the last 12 months, 40,000 people in Gaza and the West Bank have been killed including 142 UN employees, 128 journalists, and hospitals, schools, refugee camps targeted. Are you outraged about that?

I believe Jewish and Palestinian people should both be able to live in peace and freedom.

Apologies to everyone else, I know this is not a political thread, but I won’t ignore the inference that I support terrorists, and I won’t say anything further on this subject.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back