Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Was the Big Bad Wolf... lots of huff & puff.

Side by side Walker finished ahead of Charlie in the goal kicking rankings except for 2 seasons. 2020 *bad walker year and 2013 when Walker did his knee. In two other seasons they finished equal. Dixon only had 3 seasons with a return of 40 or more goals, never breaking the 50. Walker has had 8 inclusive of 4 returns of over 50 goals. Walker finished equal or better of Dixon when ever Dixon kicked over 40 in a season.

They arent even on a comparison level

I would rate Dixon as a taller Murphy. And no better than if we put ROB down there full time. A good game for Dixon was sometimes merely kicking a goal. But two goals a game was a rated good game for Dixon.

In reality you wouldnt compare careers between the two. Both are completely different. Walker and Hawkins are the better matchup. Dixon as forward simply doesnt rate.

Its brutal review I know but to me he simply was a waste of time at full forward and probably easily one of the key reasons Port couldnt take the next step.

5 over 30

Daniher, Cameron, Lester, Neale and Zorko.

And your point?

PS : we had 4 in our last game against Sydney (Bond, Curtin, Michalanney and Dowling)

Well I think he is arguing the experience in the side outweighs the lack of experience.

But I am also an advocate that experience doesnt count for as much as it used to. Because there are less 1:1 contests now and there is team defence. Not to mention its all team ball movement, game plans, zones and running patterns type of game. Players are that well drilled now in professionalism and leadership through the grass roots that anyone making to AFL level let alone a grand final will be more than up to the task.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back