Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

The response to her new album was brutal. Not only was it apparently very bad, she teamed up with a producer who has been accused of drugging and raping another artist.

Weird thing about Perry is she sold her catalogue for 225 million dollars a while back. Why isn't she relaxing on a beach somewhere?
I guess it's like sports stars, some just don't know when to call it a day.... and if people are still willing to pay large sums to see you, why not ??

Perfect example, the upcoming Oasis tour.

Do you know who Katy Perry is? I do find it amusing the way people effectively barrack for their little Aussie band. We've had very few worthy of playing our GF. Unfortunately one of them would be Kylie Minogue, luckily she doesn't have the playlist. Your little band has a proportionately very strong following in the US, but is otherwise an international nobody when compared to someone like Katy Perry. It's ok, it doesn't mean they're not good or you shouldn't enjoy their music. The only Katy Perry song I know is the one that features in The Interview. And I missed the AFL pre-game, so didn't get to recognise any others.
Tame impala headline music festivals around the world and have been massively successful internationally. Just because they haven't sold as many records as a pop singer, doesn't change this.

Tame impala headline music festivals around the world and have been massively successful internationally. Just because they haven't sold as many records as a pop singer, doesn't change this.
Well...... it kinda does.

You only have to look at social media to get an idea of the ENORMOUS difference between the 2

Wow, sorry, didn't realise they headlined music festivals around the world. That makes them bigger than U2, who aren't headlining music festivals around the world. It's ok to love the music your favourite band makes, but they're not worthy of AFL GF pre-game based on the metrics used in the decision.

So anyone who puts up lower numbers than Taylor swift is unknown in the international stage?
If you walked around pretty much every country in the world, there will be people who know who Katy Perry is.

The vast majority of people in this country wouldn't know who Tame Impala are. I mean their biggest song is more famous because it was covered by the Wiggles

Which is a surprise because football fans are their bread and butter fan base
It is a bit, I mean Brian and Angus take 20 minutes to warm up these days so it would be a disaster.

Another band who probably should've stopped a long time ago but if people keep paying lots of money to see them, you just keep going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL really don't give a shit about pleasing or entertaining who's there or those who will watch regardless, as they love the game.

They care about a known name that will maybe pull the interest of those not that into football or gain overseas interest/coverage, so they can attract them in, hope to hook them on the line of the game itself and gain new followers.

The AFL really don't give a shit about pleasing or entertaining who's there or those who will watch regardless, as they love the game.

They care about a known name that will maybe pull the interest of those not that into football or gain overseas interest/coverage, so they can attract them in, hope to hook them on the line of the game itself and gain new followers.
Probably more to give sponsors some fresh eyes on their logo

Now, back to footy.....

My Facebook feed had a graphic implying Ollie Lord is off to Collingwood. Given their forward woes, why would Port do that? What have Collingwood seen that the rest of us haven't? Surely that trade will not yield a pick to help Port get up the draft list.

Note that I think they will have no genuine key forward next year, just a couple of likely lads in Lukosius and Georgiadis with Marshall always in doubt and Dixon gone.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back