Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a terrible philosophy ....the worse you are the more money we'll give you

What happened to encouraging being good at running your Club .....incentivise excellence ! ....this is what's wrong with the AFL, amongst a myriad of other things

If you can't compete, amalgamate ....actually build an elite competition ....because currently, it's no-where near elite as a spectacle, it's just an entertainment vehicle to generate revenue .....eventually though, fans won't cop mediocrity

View attachment 2129033

That list is very accurate on which clubs should be in the elite national competition.

The bottom 9 clubs speak for themselves - they pay their own way.

Add in Sydney, Brisbane and Tassie to make it a 12 team elite competition - 22 rounds of home and away - An actual fair draw and better skilled games as the talent isn't spread so thin - win/win.

Drop the 7 clubs who are just burdens that add nothing but keep their hands out for more GC, GWS, Norf, Saints, Melbourne, Bullflogs and Port Powah.

This is a terrible philosophy ....the worse you are the more money we'll give you

What happened to encouraging being good at running your Club .....incentivise excellence ! ....this is what's wrong with the AFL, amongst a myriad of other things

If you can't compete, amalgamate ....actually build an elite competition ....because currently, it's no-where near elite as a spectacle, it's just an entertainment vehicle to generate revenue .....eventually though, fans won't cop mediocrity

View attachment 2129033
As you state, the AFL is an entertainment/TV league.

Bringing in more teams to dilute the overall (players/coaches/club management/media) talent base, but provide more TV revenue.
The cost to the AFL to prop up those clubs at the top of that ladder is far less than the revenue the extra teams generate to the industry.

The industry understands the actual talent and match quality has dropped, therefore the media has pivoted to a tabloid/gossip model to keep the Lemmings engaged.

Look at how many people here cling to every Tweet about made up "Trade News"....

Say what?..

Would you say no to Rowan Marshall, Jack Sinclair, Nasiah Wangannen-Milera, Max King, Mattaes Phillipou, Darcy Wilson, Jack Higgins, Mitchito Owens, Jack Steele and Callum Wilkie?
How many of those players would be best 22 at every club? One....maybe two. There is no super stars of the game on that list.

There's some potential to be great players but are any of those players in the Top 20 AFL players currently? Sinclair would be as close as you'd get but even he wouldn't be top 20 currently

How many of those players would be best 22 at every club? One....maybe two. There is no super stars of the game on that list.

There's some potential to be great players but are any of those players in the Top 20 AFL players currently? Sinclair would be as close as you'd get but even he wouldn't be top 20 currently
Big call

The first 4 and the last 1 make pretty much every side around.

The rest would make most of them.

How many of those players would be best 22 at every club? There is no super stars of the game on that list.

Are you serious?

I would saya very healthy percentage, if not right now it won't be too long before Mattaes Phillipou, Mitchito Owens and Darcy Wilson will be.

Rowan Marshall, Jack Sinclair, Callum Wilkie, Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera amd Max King would walk into all teams best 22 and it's got nought to do with being Superstars.

Are you serious?

I would saya very healthy percentage, if not right now it won't be too long before Mattaes Phillipou, Mitchito Owens and Darcy Wilson will be.

Rowan Marshall, Jack Sinclair, Callum Wilkie, Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera amd Max King would walk into all teams best 22 and it's got nought to do with being Superstars.
King wouldn't, he wouldn't even make Adelaide's best 22 would you play King instead of Thilthorpe? I doubt it.
Marshall taking Gawn's spot is he?
Wilkie gets a game at Geelong every week at Geelong when they can't even fit DeKonning in their side currently?

Are you serious?

I would give up our F1 pick for NWM without blinking.

King wouldn't, he wouldn't even make Adelaide's best 22 would you play King instead of Thilthorpe? I doubt it.
Wilkie gets a game at Geelong every week at Geelong when they can't even fit DeKonning in their side currently?
LOL

Surely you can do better than this weak argument?

Just admit your all encompassing post re the Saints players was off beam.

Yep on all 3 counts.

I would give up our F1 pick for NWM without blinking.
I'd give up pick 4 in 2024 for both NWM and Mattaes Phillipou.

Edit#

And don't confuse that with for both, I mean singularly, either one.

Marshall would get a game for Melbourne as a forward. Unlike Grundy, he's shown that he can play there quite well and I suspect he will spend a lot more time there should the Saints get Soldo.

Marshall would get a game for Melbourne as a forward. Unlike Grundy, he's shown that he can play there quite well and I suspect he will spend a lot more time there should the Saints get Soldo.
Went alright at centre half back for the Ballarat Rebels as a junior and for the now defunct North Ballarat Roosters in the VFL as well. Always amazed me how long it took AFL recruiters to cotton on to how good he was in multiple roles. I wanted us to draft him as a top ager and then as an overager at the Rebels but in never happened unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL

Surely you can do better than this weak argument?

Just admit your all encompassing post re the Saints players was off beam.
It's not though, their list is terrible and their club is woeful, they'll finish between 6th and 15th every year for the next decade. They aren't going to win a premiership in our lifetime.

They don't have any current superstars, any Saints players in any big advertisements? Who's the marketable superstar down there? They got no one except stock standard good to great players no superstar, no top 20 AFL players.

It's not though, their list is terrible and their club is woeful, they'll finish between 6th and 15th every year for the next decade. They aren't going to win a premiership in our lifetime.

They don't have any current superstars, any Saints players in any big advertisements? Who's the marketable superstar down there? They got no one except stock standard good to great players no superstar, no top 20 AFL players.
Enough already..

I'll agree to disagree, over and out.

Bailey Smith to Geelong apparently. HTF do they do it?

North Stkilda and Western Bulldogs should all be canned as clubs

The only reason those clubs are still around is to maintain the balance of power for Victorian football.

You wipe those three clubs out and suddenly they're staring at a 7-9 minority against the non-Vic clubs.

That's why big clubs like Collingwood, Richmond etc will continue to support the minnow Vic clubs because it's in their best interests.

lol Rowey just played Kochies grab saying they don’t talk about the age of their list and then goes on to say they are younger than the baby Hawks.

The funny part is Rowey then played last weeks grab and he said the same thing. So they don’t talk about it but did it 2 weeks in a row, what a flog.

lol Rowey just played Kochies grab saying they don’t talk about the age of their list and then goes on to say they are younger than the baby Hawks.

The funny part is Rowey then played last weeks grab and he said the same thing. So they don’t talk about it but did it 2 weeks in a row, what a flog.
Kenny is obviously staying then, pulling out the excuses for him.

Some more than others.

Ross Gibbs played 253 games for Glenelg between 1984 and 1994 - we dont get him.

Peter Daicos plays 250 games for Collingwood between 1979-1993 - they get him.

By the time the Father son squares itself out - it will be extinct.

Apples and oranges. Pies can only draw from 1 club, we were given 5 clubs to draw from. They stuffed it up, but it’s nowhere near as simple as the above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back