Opinion Non-Crows AFL 4: The Centre Cannot Hold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at worse they just won't let it go through and Brisbane will be stuck with Joe on the salary cap for the big dollars.
and this is what should happen anyway.. so it stretches their salary cap and they potentially lose a player or two over it.

bombers should lose a first round pick to make up for the one they scammed.

If I had someone in my friendship group that could sell someone out like that, I would want to have nothing to do with him.

Its not even taking the high moral ground either, the guy who had this recording, sat on it and waited for the perfect moment.

You don’t know that.

We don’t know when it was said, and when it got out

Just as likely that it escaped captivity a while back, done a few rounds, and someone has been sitting on it for who knows how long?

Unless I’m mistaken, there’s no reason to assume that this all happened just now

You don’t know that.

We don’t know when it was said, and when it got out

Just as likely that it escaped captivity a while back, done a few rounds, and someone has been sitting on it for who knows how long?

Unless I’m mistaken, there’s no reason to assume that this all happened just now
You dont know that it didnt, that I know for a fact.

Its been suggested from the Main forum from someone "close" this is exactly how it panned out.

If they’ve changed the terms of his 2022 and 2023 payments I agree it’s dodgy, but if it’s just adding two more years - not sure what the issue is.

In theory yes, but if the 2 year “extension” is at strangely lower money - for no obvious reason - it starts to look like a front loaded 5 year deal. For example

Year 1 - 750k
Year 2 - 750k
Year 3 - 750k

Then out of nowhere, for no obvious or discernible reason, after year 1 suddenly you add

Year 4 - 300k
Year 5 - 300k

Then the contract looks $570k per year, not $750k

And why? Why suddenly after year 1 would daniher agree to these future years at much lower $$? Unless it was the deal all along

The numbers are illustrative, but they show how tacking on a couple of extra years isn’t all that innocent either.

In theory yes, but if the 2 year “extension” is at strangely lower money - for no obvious reason - it starts to look like a front loaded 5 year deal. For example

Year 1 - 750k
Year 2 - 750k
Year 3 - 750k

Then out of nowhere, for no obvious or discernible reason, after year 1 suddenly you add

Year 4 - 300k
Year 5 - 300k

Then the contract looks $570k per year, not $750k

And why? Why suddenly after year 1 would daniher agree to these future years at much lower $$? Unless it was the deal all along

The numbers are illustrative, but they show how tacking on a couple of extra years isn’t all that innocent either.
yep… completely gamed the system..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did Brisbane announce the additional two years this early?

Why didn't they just let the contract run out then add on two more years?

The timing of it really does make it look like a 5 year deal all along.

Seems very amateur. Was David Noble still there when the deal was done?

Maybe it was heavily front loaded and Daniher didn't want to spread it too thin over the last 3 years.

I think at worse they just won't let it go through and Brisbane will be stuck with Joe on the salary cap for the big dollars.
I don't think they can change the first 3 years of payments now, once it's a FA deal, it's locked in. However, if they now say the last 2 years are on 300k, then it's totally different. Joe wouldn't agree to that if it was a new deal, only if it was agreed as a 5 year deal front ended in the first place.

IMO, it's pretty obvious what's happening here, and if true, the AFL need to suspend the people involved and sanction Brisbane for draft tampering.

Suspended by going low to prevent head high contact, turning to protect himself and bracing for Duursma's dive.

AFL fkwits.
This is where their stupidity is amplified.

A players first duty should be to protect himself. Then to not put another player in danger.

Just like the Mackay bump, you don’t punish a player bracing for impact to avoid injury if the other player is reckless and gets themselves injured.

I don't think they can change the first 3 years of payments now, once it's a FA deal, it's locked in. However, if they now say the last 2 years are on 300k, then it's totally different. Joe wouldn't agree to that if it was a new deal, only if it was agreed as a 5 year deal front ended in the first place.

IMO, it's pretty obvious what's happening here, and if true, the AFL need to suspend the people involved and sanction Brisbane for draft tampering.

Didn't Richmond & Hawthorn orchestrate front loading the RFA contract of Ty Vickery so Richmond got a higher compensation pick? The AFL did their usual "nothing to see here", so I'm guessing the vAFL wont show any interest in this.

IMO, it's pretty obvious what's happening here, and if true, the AFL need to suspend the people involved and sanction Brisbane AND ESSENSON for draft tampering.
FTFY

Isn't this the Ball situation again?

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back