Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think that David Noble has been around footy clubs long enough to understand where North is at.
Losing it at the players makes it easy to see that he is out of his depth, I thought he would have had more patience.
I would be surprised if he is coaching North next year. The club looks like it is in a fair bit of turmoil.
Does he even get to see the season out now ?

Just seems odd that the Crocmedia Crew of Caro, Kano and Rowey are driving a Ken to GWS narrative, after praising his work at Port for so long.
So true and ironically at the detriment of Port.

Until it was highlighted to me about Crocmedia and the issues around them, I could never understand how the Crows played a significant part in the AFL media stories by them. Sure we are a big Club, but at times we have dominated media stories, mind you some of it was deserved.

Why do you think that was fake??

It wasn’t
Stewey Dew was who the AFL wanted there. He was touted as the best assistant as he did so well in the AFL coaching courses.

Surprise, he coaches the club the AFL virtually control
Dew was always going to get that job.

Ken and his management just leveraged his previous involvement there in negotiations with master business man Kochie.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So true and ironically at the detriment of Port.

Until it was highlighted to me about Crocmedia and the issues around them, I could never understand how the Crows played a significant part in the AFL media stories by them. Sure we are a big Club, but at times we have dominated media stories, mind you some of it was deserved.
Eddie McGuire's company Jam TV and Crocmedia are closely aligned.
Jam TV CEO is Port Board member Cos Cardone.

Crocmedia have a simple strategy in regard to the SA clubs. Kick us down, praise them up.

Which makes me think that this "demand" Ken has at GWS is more about Port using their media brigade to install how great Ken is and Port need to keep him.

This made me think of the chief reason David Noble doesn’t get away with it.

No charisma. Zero. Never seen a bloke with less.

In fact we’re running low all throughout the AFL.

If Blight gave you a spray that you thought was out of line and he followed it up with, “wanna grab a beer on the way home”, you couldn’t get to the boozer quick enough. You wouldn’t agree to have a beer with Noble on a good day unless you’re a total loser with no other options at all.

You would think that David Noble has been around footy clubs long enough to understand where North is at.
Losing it at the players makes it easy to see that he is out of his depth, I thought he would have had more patience.
I would be surprised if he is coaching North next year. The club looks like it is in a fair bit of turmoil.

That’s what is totally ridiculous. How angry can you get when you know you’re going to lose and lose badly before a ball is bounced. And to then go on record as saying he was angry because the group in the box had a great day, so (effectively) the 22 didn’t.

He’s an idiot.

That’s what is totally ridiculous. How angry can you get when you know you’re going to lose and lose badly before a ball is bounced. And to then go on record as saying he was angry because the group in the box had a great day, so (effectively) the 22 didn’t.

He’s an idiot.

The coaching group in the box had a great day :oops:
I cant see him coaching the last year of his contract.

Maybe the realisation of it being his 3rd club and an SANFL season made him think he better be more professional at Geelong?

He wasn't banging the door down for selection here.

I am happy for him. Won't waste his talent. But it took us delisting him to get there.

Alternatively it can be viewed as the club being quite poor at nurturing some types of players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stewey Dew was who the AFL wanted there. He was touted as the best assistant as he did so well in the AFL coaching courses.

Surprise, he coaches the club the AFL virtually control
Dew was always going to get that job.

Ken and his management just leveraged his previous involvement there in negotiations with master business man Kochie.

Sorry, that’s not an argument. It’s fantasy

And as for that article, were you hoping no one read it? Has nothing to do with the Suns or the Suns appointing Dew. Why did you post it?

He was playing well, when we played him.

In his first year with us we kept persisting with a clearly cooked Eddie Betts, brought Stengle in for a game (where he would kick multiple goals) and then throw him out of the team again....
Bit of revisionist history in this post.

Well I hope he's there for the full season so we get to play them twice while they've got no clue. Regardless, I'm betting we lose to them in Tasmania.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back