Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

True story

I was a guitar teacher in a couple primary schools for a couple years - My very first day and I'm shadowing the guy who I was replacing - One of the groups was four 10/11 year olds, and they're learning a song I've never heard before, simple arpeggios of a four chord song. The kids are given guitar books to follow, but at that age it's all about just engaging them with whatever they are interested in, rarely do they follow the book and to get them to practice at all is a win, so the guy I'm replacing just told me to work with whatever they ask to learn

Anyway, I get home and look up the song they'd been learning to learn it myself.... 'Whistle' by Flo Rida

Holy crap! Obviously these kids have no idea what that song is about, and they obviously heard it on their own anyway, but eep, has the previous teacher thrown me under a bus? - I took the whistle melody and the chords and got them playing it and quickly moved to a new song - Two of them wanted to perform it for their end of year song but I suggested we could probably learn better songs by that point
- Imagine some 10 year olds playing that at a school recital, geez

Nahas known as John Longmire is pretty funny

As an aside, I knew 1 of Longmire's cousins who farmed both here in the S/E and also in WA. He's about the same age and looks similar and also went by the same nickname

Apparently donkey dicks run in the family

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah 1 year contracts would be ridiculous
The premise was 1 year but a year early

Extend nicks to the end of 2025 now to give him some security but not tie up long term, review that over the next 18months based on performance

Makes a lot of sense, it’s essentially giving him a 2yr deal from now which is arguably good for both- he gets some comfort and if excels this year puts him in good negotiation position.

For us it’s unlikely he goes so bad this year we sack him, but it could still be unclear but by end of next year we should know a lot more (eg Phil said he wouldn’t do same with longmuire, he needs to earn it still)

The premise was 1 year but a year early

Extend nicks to the end of 2025 now to give him some security but not tie up long term, review that over the next 18months based on performance

Makes a lot of sense, it’s essentially giving him a 2yr deal from now which is arguably good for both- he gets some comfort and if excels this year puts him in good negotiation position.

For us it’s unlikely he goes so bad this year we sack him, but it could still be unclear but by end of next year we should know a lot more (eg Phil said he wouldn’t do same with longmuire, he needs to earn it still)
That’s still such a weak, loser approach. Do you back in your coach or not?

We’ll know by the bye whether Nicks is the guy for the next 2-3 seasons after this one. It’s just whether the club has the balls to part ways if it’s looking like another season of honorable losses and “nearly beat Collingwood” sorts of results.

Which was also Phil’s point- that’s why it’s not done but the AFL/we should evolve and it not be uncommon or sen as not backing them
It’s seen as not backing them, because it’s not backing them. No one needs to evolve. If we did that I’d be filthy at the club willing to waste a season on a coach it’s not convinced on.

Although I’m not surprised that Phil Davis struggles with the concept of loyalty

Although I’m not surprised that Phil Davis struggles with the concept of loyalty
He wasn't loyal to the SANFL team we left him in

Go Stevo! Kicked 6 goals in a final once

There apparently have been some complaints about the hardness of the turf at Tullamarine ......the surface looks in great nick

Oval 1 - MCG size
Oval 2 - Etihad size

Ground though is pretty soulless .....very open, very windy ....not at all impressive
But how many trees did they knock over

But how many trees did they knock over
Those things are incidental in MELB ......gotta break some eggs making an omelette

Just don't talk about cutting trees in the Eltham / Greensborough area ......WW3 will breakout

Everywhere else ....go for it, in the name of development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back