Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dons eye Duursma-BZT straight swap

The Dons are eyeing off a straight swap to bring in Xavier Duursma from the Power.

Seems a mismatch of a deal.

Remember when we were marginally worse than North a few years ago? Now they're receiving ridiculous hand outs and likely to end up with a midfield of Sheezle, Reid, Wardlaw and Philips.

We got Thilthorpe and Rachele + pick 14

That's exactly they type of move Melbourne needs, someone who can actually kick goals, he's already put in the media that discussions with Geelong and his contract aren't to his liking. This may just be a plant to force Geelong 's hand

Remember when we were marginally worse than North a few years ago? Now they're receiving ridiculous hand outs and likely to end up with a midfield of Sheezle, Reid, Wardlaw and Philips.

We got Thilthorpe and Rachele + pick 14
Their own fault for gutting their list of all senior players and selecting Philips ahead of McDonald.

We cut our list back too but our senior players were still of a high quality Compared to North's

Giving North Pick 3 is an absolute disgrace and the AFL has no leg to stand on trying to defend this. He is not even a top 100 player in the league. I knew something was up when they announced the formula for Doedee. The guy can't kick, he can't mark, he is slow and he wouldnt even make the best 22 of most of the teams in the AFL competition. If I had the choice between Hartigan and Mckay it would be Hartigan and he got delisted a year ago. But he'd still be a better player.

This has all the hall marks of corruption by a North supporter in AFL house looking to give an unfair advantage to a team thats so badly run, its culture make them not only a laughing stock but they literally add nothing to the competition.

Melbourne's Z class trams are too old and too small (some of them would be over 40 years old) and I can't wait for them to be replaced on the network with the next lot of trams getting built

However there will always be a special place for this particular one xx

View attachment 1827536
You should do what adelaide did and rip up the network because it's too expensive to replace them as cars are gonna be the next big thing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giving North Pick 3 is an absolute disgrace and the AFL has no leg to stand on trying to defend this. He is not even a top 100 player in the league. I knew something was up when they announced the formula for Doedee. The guy can't kick, he can't mark, he is slow and he wouldnt even make the best 22 of most of the teams in the AFL competition. If I had the choice between Hartigan and Mckay it would be Hartigan and he got delisted a year ago. But he'd still be a better player.

This has all the hall marks of corruption by a North supporter in AFL house looking to give an unfair advantage to a team thats so badly run, its culture make them not only a laughing stock but they literally add nothing to the competition.

I don't disagree with you but Essendon, Port, Sydney and the Hawks chased him hard all with big money.

For a club with 100+ years of history, this is a pretty average line up

Wasn't Jim Stynes from Melb? Didn't he win a Brownlow? Do they know their own history.
EDIT: can see there's another line when you click on the pic with interchange and Jim is there.... but still...

I don't disagree with you but Essendon, Port, Sydney and the Hawks chased him hard all with big money.
What happened as far as my brief research went, was the AFL re designed the compensation picks to fall in line with the salary. if pick 3 is the result for $800k then the threshold is clearly a joke. I knew something was up the minute we got pick 19 for Doedee. The AFL clearly manipulated the rules to get the Kangaroos pick 3 and have it justified. Thats why we heard these rumours weeks ago. I also suspect he didnt get $800K. Its probably an inflated figure released by AFL insiders to yet again, lie about the compensation pick. As for the other teams you mentioned, im not convinced they chased him hard at all. They too probably thought they'd try and get Hartigan back into the AFL who'd still be better than McKay. Especially once they realised Essendon were blowing their list management on a depth defender worse the BZT.

Wasn't Jim Stynes from Melb? Didn't he win a Brownlow? Do they know their own history.
EDIT: can see there's another line when you click on the pic with interchange and Jim is there.... but still...

That best 22 is a massive insult to generations past. Shows how many young band wagon jumpers they have on the membership. Most clubs will be the same though. Richmond will probably just have their 2017 team up plus KB and Richardson.

They probably rightly wanted to get a bunch of premiership players in there given they didn't win one for 60 years
They won six premierships between 1955-64 including five in six years.

That team must have been ridiculously good.

For a club with 100+ years of history, this is a pretty average line up

Melbourne won 5 flags in 6 years, from 1955-1960... and the only players they could squeeze in from that era was Ron Barassi (plus Norm Smith as coach)? Seriously?

Melbourne won 5 flags in 6 years, from 1955-1960... and the only players they could squeeze in from that era was Ron Barassi (plus Norm Smith as coach)? Seriously?

This is why internet voting doesnt work. I think we'd find the same issue if we voted for our best all time best 22. Some of our better early days players will miss out in favour of more current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back