MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Pumped about footy tonight. No excuses for Carlton, they should easily account for the too old, too s**t tiggy tiges. Fingers crossed they crap the bed all the same. * blues.
It's almost a win win but I still prefer to Carlton to give Richmond a reality check tonight. Carlton can always shit the bed later in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats the state of the game now, perfect conditions 8.10 each, what a shambles
Taranto and Hopper are two of the most hyped up recruits from last season and neither of them can hit a target.

Acres fumble to secure the draw was just delightful.
Acres is so s***! So is Cerra. Soft as butter!

Blues terrible in crunch time. Literally opposite to Collingwood.

Was one of the worst opening games i can remember watching. Delivery into the F50 was even more deplorable than us! I thought the AFL made all these ridiculous rule changes to improve scoring?? Great crowd and I'm sure TV numbers were huge, but I'm sure the AFL are hoping for a better spectacle tomorrow night!

Taranto and Hopper are two of the most hyped up recruits from last season and neither of them can hit a target.
Hopper in particular. But yeah, both are middle of the road players when comparing them to the likes of Trac, Neale, Touk etc. So many ahead of them. I'm not convinced Tigers are going anywhere this year. Blues are still a hold for me. I do like the Young/Weitering combo down back and of course Curnow/McKay up front can be damaging. I actually felt like the Tigers were slightly the better team, but Blues should have held on in the end. A fitting draw probably.

Was one of the worst opening games i can remember watching. Delivery into the F50 was even more deplorable than us! I thought the AFL made all these ridiculous rule changes to improve scoring?? Great crowd and I'm sure TV numbers were huge, but I'm sure the AFL are hoping for a better spectacle tomorrow night!
I've said for a while the rule changes the AFL make don't go far enough. If they actually wanted to open the game up they would need to make way bigger changes. Either zones or fewer players on the ground. People would go apeshit though.

Yeah, they made our forward 50 entries look positively A+. Was bloody awful to watch both teams constantly bomb it in to a pack or just blindly.

Draw is a fair result, with some of the footy both Carlton and Richmond played along with many errors. No one deserved to win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back