MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Zorko has never really bothered me that much.

Go Lions, happy to see a team win that I won't have to hear about it from.
Cannot stand the guy. But yeah, not sure the image of seeing Zorko holding the cup is as bad as hearing the Pies or Blues gloat for the next 12 months.

* me GWS were my second team too. Heartbroken 3x this finals series. I was just as into that as the Melbourne games.

Pies good in the final three minutes with a small lead, unlike the Dees.

Spewing for my Giants. Had their chance. :(

Only know one Lions supporters and I'd be really happy for him if they won, couldn't bare a Collingwood or Carlton win, Geelong last year was bad too.

I was genuinely behind the Giants last night though, haven't felt that way about an oppo team ever.
The only other time I've felt it was actually against the Giants in the 2016 prelim.

But I love them now, seemingly like everybody else. Completely on board.

There is so much to love, obviously the way they play but Adam Kingsley is a good reason why I love them, the guy oozes charisma, intense and built like a brick shithouse, the kind of coach you couldn't help but play hard for as a player.

Love Greene, Ash, Green, Kelly, Daniels... even Hogan looks like the player he once promised to be finally. Bedford plays with an edge that he never had at Melbourne, I think this a perfect reflection of Kingsley and what im talking about above.

Last edited:
There is so much to love, obviously the way they play but Adam Kingsley is a good reason why I love them, the guy oozes charisma, intense and built like a brick shithouse, the kind of coach you couldn't help but play hard for as a player.

Love Greene, Ash, Green, Kelly, Daniels... even Hogan looks like the player he once promised to be finally. Bedford plays with an edge that he never had at Melbourne, I think this a perfect reflection of Kingsley and what im talking about above.
I enjoyed watching their final more than either of ours. They were so exciting to watch. Their back 6 is awesome as well every one of them can beat their opponent one on one. There's no twinkly toes campaigners running around padding stats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed watching their final more than either of ours. They were so exciting to watch. Their back 6 is awesome as well every one of them can beat their opponent one on one. There's no twinkly toes campaigners running around padding stats

Sadly I agree. They're so talented everywhere and tough. And given the license to take the game on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

they have decent marking options all over the ground, which we absolutely do not have, especially in defence and up forward. Watching Hoges lead up and take massive grabs, so jealous, we just lack that completely.

Iden, Taylor, Himmelburg, Whitfield, Perryman. Better back 6 than us
Buckley too – he was brilliant last night (has been all year, too)

Buckley too – he was brilliant last night (has been all year, too)
Nick Haynes doesn’t even get a game for them anymore - would be like our backline evolving to the point where someone like Lever or Salem were no longer automatic selections.

I think a lot of interstate fans are justified for using #VICBIAS judging on how corrupt the umpiring was last night. GWS were playing a rigged game last night.

I actually thought the umpiring was fantastic until the last quarter. Then they were wildly inconsistent and avoided any frees that would've had a touch of controversy (but many of which were there).

Nick Haynes doesn’t even get a game for them anymore - would be like our backline evolving to the point where someone like Lever or Salem were no longer automatic selections.
He'd walk into our best 22 lol it's ridiculous

I actually thought the umpiring was fantastic until the last quarter. Then they were wildly inconsistent and avoided any frees that would've had a touch of controversy (but many of which were there).

VicBias is dumb but umps can absolutely be affected by crowd noise and the moment. Can choke as much as anyone.

Just on Collingwood, this was their Grand Final side in 2018:

B: Maynard - Langdon - Crisp

HB: Howe - Goldsack - Varcoe

C: Phillips - Pendlebury - Treloar

HF: DeGoey - Mihocek - Hoskin-Elliot

F: Stephenson - Cox - Thomas

R: Grundy - Adams - Sidebottom

I: Sier - Aish - Mayne - Greenwood

11 players have moved on and quite a few of them were high profile. You’d have been pretty brave to predict that Grundy, Treloar and Stephenson would’ve all been traded out. Further, a lot of those peripheral players met a disappointing end: Langdon was arguably BOG in the first half of the GF (don’t think he ever played again), Phillips always struggled with his kicking but had great work rate and was a lock on the wing & Sier looked like a promising young inside mid that would be a key part of their side into the future. If Elliot and Moore play they possibly win that GF but they’ve since managed to develop the likes of J Daicos and Murphy. They were admittedly kotd with Quaynor and Naicos as nga/fs. But they’ve also done quite well with low profile draft picks/trades getting in Lipinski, Markov, Cameron, Kruger, Johnson, Frampton, Hill, McStay, McCreery, Ginnivan and Noble.

Just on Collingwood, this was their Grand Final side in 2018:

B: Maynard - Langdon - Crisp

HB: Howe - Goldsack - Varcoe

C: Phillips - Pendlebury - Treloar

HF: DeGoey - Mihocek - Hoskin-Elliot

F: Stephenson - Cox - Thomas

R: Grundy - Adams - Sidebottom

I: Sier - Aish - Mayne - Greenwood

11 players have moved on and quite a few of them were high profile. You’d have been pretty brave to predict that Grundy, Treloar and Stephenson would’ve all been traded out. Further, a lot of those peripheral players met a disappointing end: Langdon was arguably BOG in the first half of the GF (don’t think he ever played again), Phillips always struggled with his kicking but had great work rate and was a lock on the wing & Sier looked like a promising young inside mid that would be a key part of their side into the future. If Elliot and Moore play they possibly win that GF but they’ve since managed to develop the likes of J Daicos and Murphy. They were admittedly kotd with Quaynor and Naicos as nga/fs. But they’ve also done quite well with low profile draft picks/trades getting in Lipinski, Markov, Cameron, Kruger, Johnson, Frampton, Hill, McStay, McCreery, Ginnivan and Noble.
All that despite messing up their cap so badly that if we did the same thing it would have put us in a hole for a decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back