MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty embarrassing stuff from Fagan. We played Tom McDonald in two cutthroat finals off the back of one VFL game against the might of North Melbourne. Suppose he could always save his blushes and choose Payne as the sub. Brisbane’s expected Premiership stocks are plummeting.

Must say though (as much as it pains me to say it) it’s a brilliant effort by Pies to be in a GF five years after their last appearance with just 11 members of that side that got pipped by the Eagles. Sensational coaching appointment with Flea McCrae, astute drafting and recruiting under Graeme Wright, they’ve adapted game plan with top assistant coaches like Justin Leppitsch. They’ve moved forward and improved in many areas, something we have so far failed to do since our GF win. Even if they lose today, they are a seriously impressive football club, resourced to the hilt and run ultra professionally. Credit to them.

Pretty embarrassing stuff from Fagan. We played Tom McDonald in two cutthroat finals off the back of one VFL game against the might of North Melbourne. Suppose he could always save his blushes and choose Payne as the sub. Brisbane’s expected Premiership stocks are plummeting.

Yeah, that's not how a premiership coach behaves and selects teams. A premiership coach talks about environments , inside 50 counts, predicted scores, defense and a happily plays underdone players no matter the weather such as Ben Brown in for a monsoon game. Fagan should retire and Brisbane should forfeit today.

Last edited:
Some Grand Finals are easy to call before the bounce like 2022, 2020, 2019 etc.
Others are tighter match ups that could go either way 21, 18, 17 are some examples. Today fits fits into the latter category for mine.

Brisbane’s best is better than Collingwood but I reckon the Pies are more consistent. If it’s an ugly, low scoring shitfight the Pies defence probably holds. However, if the game is open and Collingwood’s pressure game is off; Wilmot, McKenna and Coleman will slice through the middle into a dangerous forward line. Brisbane are my tip but wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the Pies get up.

Some Grand Finals are easy to call before the bounce like 2022, 2020, 2019 etc.
Others are tighter match ups that could go either way 21, 18, 17 are some examples. Today fits fits into the latter category for mine.

Brisbane’s best is better than Collingwood but I reckon the Pies are more consistent. If it’s an ugly, low scoring shitfight the Pies defence probably holds. However, if the game is open and Collingwood’s pressure game is off; Wilmot, McKenna and Coleman will slice through the middle into a dangerous forward line. Brisbane are my tip but wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the Pies get up.

Far more chance the game opens up with the heat I reckon.

For me...

If Brisbane can be, at worst, a few goals behind after the first Quarter.
Totally deny the corridor for the entire game.
Kick with standard accuracy.

They are a red hot chance of winning this. Pies rely on teams not hitting all three to win normally.

I don't see this being a blowout but I would be disappointed for both teams fans if one of them collapses.

Totally going for the Lions though.

A11dAtP0w3R I think if Collingwood lose today it will be because of Oleg Markov and Billy Frampton just like Kade Chandler and Judd McVee cost us big time against the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A11dAtP0w3R I think if Collingwood lose today it will be because of Oleg Markov and Billy Frampton just like Kade Chandler and Judd McVee cost us big time against the Blues.

So true, the 22nd and 23rd players need to be better. They always seem to bring teams down constantly. Have a sense of pride, just cause you aren't getting paid as much as the 1st and 2nd best players doesnt mean you shouldn't get as many useless touches.

Could well be a contributing factor. Generally need a good bottom six to win a flag. McStay out for Frampton could be telling if it’s a tight game. McStay was very good in Pies two finals. Took marks, did jobs, kicked two goals in each game.

It is possible for several reasons for poor performance to be true at the same time. Can’t lump the lot on Clarry and Goody’s shoulders. Few blokes went missing big time. That’s on them.

Pies always look so sharp and settled early. Incredible starters. Lions need to weather the first 15 minutes here.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back