Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Freo can actually get games out of Bennell I reckon he'll hold the key to any potential of success, and at this point success in 2019 would be a top 8 finish.

Bennell fills the Neale void and is a big body to protect the next wave coming through.

From the outside looking in they'll be asking a lot of their young mids to stand up against the best competition every week, I think that could take a few years.

Gold Coast completely ****ed Bennell up who could have been anything in the right system ..That guy was so talented as a junior but probably washed up now with issues and injuries..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Bennell's midfield days are over due to those ongoing calf injuries, will be a burst player around the half forward line if he makes it back
If they get him right he will be a gun half forward flanker. Hogan, Lobb, Bennell and Walters is a pretty good forward line as much as I hate to admit it. If one of Cox or Taberner improves it will be even better. McCarthy is a dud though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too fussed about the Pies midfield, sure it's great on paper but our midfield managed to break even or beat them 3 times in one season, twice at their home ground. Adding Beams is nice, but their midfield was already the strongest part of the ground for them, they need more balance between their lines to really take it up a level, backline and forwardline need a bit of work. That salary cap must be pretty tight at this point.

Gold Coast completely ****** Bennell up who could have been anything in the right system ..That guy was so talented as a junior but probably washed up now with issues and injuries..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd say Bennell did a good job of ****ing himself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back