Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2017 edition (continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit where its due, they looked alright against a poor opposition. Martin was good but i dont think he was god like they were saying, was a serious wank fest at the end there over Dusty

Not sure what to take out of that game, to be honest.

Both sides would take some confidence out of that, oddly enough. Decent fight back from the blues in the 2nd half, but the tigers won the game in the 1st half.

Tigers seem to have a lot of front runners. Carlton scored very easily at times because Richmond weren't prepared to work hard enough defensively. Better sides will make Richmond pay much more than the blues did tonight because they won't turn the ball over as much.

And that is what worries me about the tigers. To concede 14 goals in the manner they did isn't ideal.

Both sides would take some confidence out of that, oddly enough. Decent fight back from the blues in the 2nd half, but the tigers won the game in the 1st half.

Tigers seem to have a lot of front runners. Carlton scored very easily at times because Richmond weren't prepared to work hard enough defensively. Better sides will make Richmond pay much more than the blues did tonight because they won't turn the ball over as much.

And that is what worries me about the tigers. To concede 14 goals in the manner they did isn't ideal.

Good post. Prestia was very good and is a big in for them. They new kid Castagna was OK, Griffith and Nankervis were decent and the small forwards Butler and Rioli were lively. Not sure that Richmond have the overall depth though.

Carlton's depth falls away drastically. Liked Marchbank's game, Petrovski-Seton's first half & Weitering dod some nice things. Cripps nowhere near full fitness & form.

You've only just realised that Tigers have lots of front runners? They're like us on steroids.

You've only just realised that Tigers have lots of front runners? They're like us on steroids.
Haha, known for a while- blind Freddie knew that! ;)

Just seemed to be overly obvious tonight. Carlton get ball. Carlton turn over. Richmond players who didn't bother to chase suddenly find themselves in a bunch of space, then they score. Rinse and repeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good post. Prestia was very good and is a big in for them. They new kid Castagna was OK, Griffith and Nankervis were decent and the small forwards Butler and Rioli were lively. Not sure that Richmond have the overall depth though.

Agree re: Prestia. Carlton are pretty rubbish so it's hard to judge the Tiges off that game alone but I reckon they'll be tough to beat at the G. We always struggle with good small forwards. Can't afford to be off our game

Not mid game. He is still 9.

Apparently his jumper ripped. But what's weird is that they only had one jumper for Cripps.
It's happened a couple times. Player doesn't request a replacement jumper (or alternatively, chuck's it on at half time), rips later in game and doesn't have a replacement, so they find the closest size jumper they can. It happened to a WC guy a year or two ago, didn't it?

How good is his kicking action? He really lets it rip. Not just the torp, all his shots on goal as well (I only watched the highlights).
Cop a falcon off his boot and I think you'd lose your head.
He doesn't just kick the ball, he fends it off

Chris Mayne a late in for Collingwood.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back