Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I am really starting to dislike this woman.

She can’t seriously think that the masses will buy the shit she spews out.

Woudnt be at all surprised if she was on the executive of The Flat Earth Society,
woman is so unrealistic with her justifications, she lives in dream world and views things with her head jammed firmly up her arse.

It’s why society uses and needs Independent Auditors , because it’s human nature, for individuals to be so biased and lack the impartiality to accurately assess, judge and validate their own work.

She is coming across as a failed cake decorator, each week she spreads icing 🧁 on top of a turd 💩 and try to sell us all a sponge cake 🍰.

Sorry we ain’t buying your tarted up turds.

One could say she is so far out of her depth it ain't funny....... then one looks at what the VAFL wants and your realise she has was appointed for this exact reason.

One could say she is so far out of her depth it ain't funny....... then one looks at what the VAFL wants and your realise she has was appointed for this exact reason.
She's the perfect modern executive where all that ultimately matters is your ability to speak to the script even if it's a bunch of bollocks.

I really don't get the sling tackle interpretation. It's okay as long as it doesnt look too bad?

Maynard clearly slings the north player over his own body to slam him into the ground. Is that okay or not?

He could have clamped him then pulled him straight down to the ground but instead pulled him over his own body in a slinging motion.

Is that okay or not?

Apparently it's not dependant on whether the player is injured or not, or if his head hits the ground first or not....

It's just an utter mess.

I really don't get the sling tackle interpretation. It's okay as long as it doesnt look too bad?

Maynard clearly slings the north player over his own body to slam him into the ground. Is that okay or not?

He could have clamped him then pulled him straight down to the ground but instead pulled him over his own body in a slinging motion.

Is that okay or not?

Apparently it's not dependant on whether the player is injured or not, or if his head hits the ground first or not....

It's just an utter mess.
It depends on what team they play for and whether AFL house thinks they're a good bloke.

That's literally it.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

The AFL is concerned about being sued especially given the NFL and their troubles with players with CTE. Fine.

The AFL thus cracks down on any acts that can exacerbate that risk, such as sling tackles and bumps collecting the head. Fine.

Therefore the tribunal and MRP throws the book at rough conduct that results in concussions and the like. Fine.

All are completely understandable even if people moan the game isn't like it was before.

But, then you have a situation where a deliberate act by an experienced player - a clumsy and reckless one at best, a dangerous one at worst - causes (if you want to debate the semantics, whatever, but there is zero doubt if that act did not happen he'd likely still be playing today) the premature retirement of a player due to lingering issues from that bump - and gets off completely. Not even a fine.

And then a situation less than two years later where a player in their first year of AFL-level football gets rubbed out for a couple of weeks for a tackle where the victim got up, took their free kick, played out the game, had no medical report that he was suffering from the tackle, and did not even enter concussion protocols. It was upheld on appeal because of the 'potential to cause injury'. Never mind that the actual first act - which did cause injury, injury so serious it led to professional retirement - went unpunished.

This is what does my f***ing head in - pun intended. The system is now a complete joke.

I don't even know why the AFL do these types of things. They're the living, breathing Obama putting a medal around his own neck meme come to life. They'll never question an ump or say something they ever did was wrong, so why bother even giving them 0.001th of my attention.

What's done is done, saying something was or wasn't wrong doesn't change the result of anything so who the bloody hell cares.

I care because this shit cannot continue. The more people who come out against it, be they media, coaches or fans, the better. The vAFL and Mamma Kane are taking everyone for fools at the moment.

She's the perfect modern executive where all that ultimately matters is your ability to speak to the script even if it's a bunch of bollocks.
Did she come from the UK Post Office management system? It certainly sounds like she would have fitted in there perfectly.

Maybe she's really Paula Vennels with a bit of work done. I've never seen them in the same room together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out the commentary made me laugh in a very sardonic way. Sums up the game to a tee these days.

One commentator asks ‘is it dangerous’, BT responds quick as a flash and unequivocally ‘no’.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have that kind of defence in the court of public opinion as opposed to the treatment West Coast gets where players showing any amount of aggression are hung, drawn and quartered two seconds after every minor incident on the basis it was dangerous.

Haha have just seen on the mainboard a decision in the first quarter where they ping Collingwood for holding the ball but a Collingwood player picks up the loose ball and runs off and the same umpire blows advantage and waves them on.

Yep. Saw that one too. Completely woeful umpiring.

Dane swan in the hall of fame is a low bar for a hall of fame no?

A Brownlow, AFLCA player of the year, Leigh Matthews medalist and 5 All Australians is a pretty handy resume.
sounds good for a collingwood hall of fame.. Im a person who believe the HOF is for legends the bar for many HOF world wide is too low

I know Cousins has done worse things than Swan but it pisses me off that he hasn't been inducted yet.
Yeah I dunno, Swan did beat up that Fed square cleaner and got off scot free.

Then there was him admitting on radio around a decade ago that he used to honour on the blow and a Collingwood minder, sent by Eddie, would take care of everything.

Absolute crickets from the Vic media, if course

Remove this Banner Ad

Back