Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dane swan in the hall of fame is a low bar for a hall of fame no?
I didn't hear a word about them inducting anyone this year - the Hall of Fame seems to have disappeared in terms of publicity.

There are two major problems with it:
  • They didn't induct all the past players that met the criteria at the start, which means each year they're drip feeding a bunch of guys in that no-one under the age of 60 has heard of. They'll never catch up either, so some legitimate stars will never make it in.
  • The criteria to get in is arguably too low. They induct a good dozen or so from each generation and it waters down the achievement, as they end up with too many players. Now it has lost its uniqueness, it just seems like yet another award. This could be solved by doing something like League, where they have Immortals/Legends, that have a ridiculously high bar of acceptance and you should only expect to see a handful over your lifetime.

Wasn’t sure if it was some new fangled phrase the kids were saying these days

Yes, me hanging out with the 'kids'.

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

I thought the HoF presentation was great viewing personally. Might’ve actually been the first one I’ve seen live in full, agree it’s one of the best nights on the calendar. A good mix of characters in there (from Kelvin to Swanny), all decent speeches and worthy recipients. The in memoriam bit was beautifully done between the simple photos and lowkey music performance. It’s more relaxed and wholesome than a typical awards show (on a commercial network) like a Brownlow or Oscars or something. Was refreshing to also just have a lone recent player inducted on the night (the relatively recent legend upgrade complements this)

Last edited:
Dane swan in the hall of fame is a low bar for a hall of fame no?
Swannie was awesome. Given where the HOF bar has been set he’s definitely in.

He’s the equal (or close enough to) or surperior of aker, archer, bell, bickley, black, burke, (and that's just looking at the A's through B's who from the 90's onwards).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the Charlie Dixon SANFL suspension.

3 weeks for that!!??

That's ridiculously soft.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just saw the Charlie Dixon SANFL suspension.

3 weeks for that!!??

That's ridiculously soft.

Especially as there was some discussion as to whether the oppo players head even made contact with dixons shoulder...or if the concussion was from the whiplash effect when he went to ground.

the footage of the bump was so grainy its not definitive if it was a head high bump.

Especially as there was some discussion as to whether the oppo players head even made contact with dixons shoulder...or if the concussion was from the whiplash effect when he went to ground.

the footage of the bump was so grainy its not definitive if it was a head high bump.
Yeah he should feel harshly done by for sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back