Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like outside of Sydney it's a real year of mediocrity. So much shit footy has been played by every team this year with poor skills and conversion coupled with abysmal umpiring.

This is why I don't think, short of saying you'll win the lot, you just can put a ceiling on where any side can finish anymore. Sydney didn't even earn a finals spot last year, this year world beaters. Outside of one of two teams the difference is increasingly a combination of luck going your way with injuries, fixturing, and umpiring. This year we finally sorted the injuries but somehow still cop the hardest fixture, and being one of the irrelevant clubs the last few years umpires are generally happy help our opponents get the easy win. Fortunes can change incredibly quickly in the sort of environment the AFL has build.

Bahahahaha the deliberate

At least it was the correct call rather than some of the made up bullshit we’ve seen in other games

Most sides would kill to have KPFs like Daniher and Hipwood.

Loop Trump GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elsewhere, Gold Coast, who have played just 1 of their last 7 matches at their home ground, return from the longest trip in football with just a 6 day break to face Collingwood, who are coming off the bye and have travelled just once since April.

Sounds fair. :think:

The inequalities in the fixture this year have been ridiculous and in excess of what i remember there being in previous seasons

I think opening round has been part, but not all, of the reason for it. And gather round plays it’s part as well

There’s been multiple instances of clubs going into games with widely disparate preparations like your example

Then you have a club like Essendon getting their away games out of the way early in the season giving them a sustained run of games without travel in the back half of the year

There’s several instances of clubs playing another predominantly at home over multiple years whilst rarely playing that same team away. For example, Brisbane play us at Optus in a few weeks which will be the first time ever they play us there

I could go on but I’d wear my thumb out

Port board's 11th Sack Hinkley has reached 127 pages lollol great melts on that board :D

Even during our worst times Simmo's job is still safe despite us being very bad although we had lots of injuries and COVID at the time Simmo didn't get this much of a blast from the supporter base although they were some that did so though since we've accepted that we are rebuilding and need high draft picks. We have our fair share of posters wanting Simmo gone but it isn't as bad as Port is on their board :D

Having a GF win certainly helps Simmo's case in staying until his contract expires plus our more informed posters understanding the club's soft cap expenses being handicapped if we had to sack Simmo early since we had to pay him out fully which counts towards the soft cap (I maybe wrong on this though so someone more informed please correct me) and we also have to pay the salary of a new coach.

Hinkley has no GF appearances during his time and lots and lots of melty Port supporters want him gone whereas we've accepted Simmo will play out his contract.

Elsewhere, Gold Coast, who have played just 1 of their last 7 matches at their home ground, return from the longest trip in football with just a 6 day break to face Collingwood, who are coming off the bye and have travelled just once since April.

Sounds fair. :think:

The inequalities in the fixture this year have been ridiculous and in excess of what i remember there being in previous seasons

I think opening round has been part, but not all, of the reason for it. And gather round plays it’s part as well

There’s been multiple instances of clubs going into games with widely disparate preparations like your example

Then you have a club like Essendon getting their away games out of the way early in the season giving them a sustained run of games without travel in the back half of the year

There’s several instances of clubs playing another predominantly at home over multiple years whilst rarely playing that same team away. For example, Brisbane play us at Optus in a few weeks which will be the first time ever they play us there

I could go on but I’d wear my thumb out

Next week we travel to Melbourne and play them on their home deck after they've had a nine day break compared to what will be seven for us. A disparity of 2-3 days has happened a few times against us this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back