Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly are. It shall be interesting seeing how they fare this week on another six day break.

Have heard anecdotally that after watching Geelong tear his team apart in the 2022 Grand Final, Horse Longmire has been fanatical about the advantage in-season loading can deliver if you have the opportunity to exploit it.

With them flying on a 13-1 record and three games clear of the rest of the competition, it is believed that the Swans initiated a five week loading program after the Round 15 win over GWS. The nature of the additional loading seems to have been predominately high-intensity running intervals.

Same source then described that Sydney have completely f**ked things up however. Players apparently aren't reacting as anticipated to the extra load and recovery has been impacted far more than expected. Loads were scaled back prior to the match against the Bulldogs, and were below normal in the lead-up to the match against Port, but the results speak for themselves.

The playing group there is practically not doing any training at all this week now as the club scrambles to resolve the mess it has created.
They must have adopted that loading program from another club or sport, would be madness to experiment on an unproven program in the middle of an AFL season with the team flying.

I’d suggest it’s more likely to be from a different sport that obviously has shown to not be transferable to AFL requirements. Could very well cost them a flag and what an excellent insight you’ve provided.

They must have adopted that loading program from another club or sport, would be madness to experiment on an unproven program in the middle of an AFL season with the team flying.

I’d suggest it’s more likely to be from a different sport that obviously has shown to not be transferable to AFL requirements. Could very well cost them a flag and what an excellent insight you’ve provided.
Port were doing that for years back in their dominant SANFL days. May not translate from a semi-professional to full-time environment.

Dusty, Danger or Fyfe....yeah I'm taking Dusty 11 times out of 10.

I've never seen a guy who is capable of carrying an entire team by himself like he has since Judd. Plus Danger & Fyfe are extremely punchable and dislikable, Dusty is intimidating.

Dusty, Danger or Fyfe....yeah I'm taking Dusty 11 times out of 10.

I've never seen a guy who is capable of carrying an entire team by himself like he has since Judd. Plus Danger & Fyfe are extremely punchable and dislikable, Dusty is intimidating.

Gary Ablett Jr?

There is no doubt though that at his peak the guy could and did regularly bring his team the win. Cannot say the same for Dangerfield and Fyfe - yes they had their moments but they were more inconsistent,

Im an efficiency guy. Dusty could tear a half of footy apart with 10 disposals than what 15-20 Danger & Fyfe shanks could.
Ablett could do the same but didn't do it as often as Dusty and was still largely a "by the numbers" kind of guy.

Better field kick and better kick for goal than the others as well.

If you feel like having a little chuckle, head over to the Freo board and look at the melts, post news on Treacy having a significant knee injury.

Feel for the bloke as he has been really nice to watch this year, but seeing the fans saying they won't make the 8 now, is pretty funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I hate Freo, I'm not going over there to laugh at their reactions to a serious injury.
Certainly not laughing at JT getting injured. As I mentioned, feel for him as he is one of the reasons I have enjoyed turning on a Freo game this year.

More chuckling at their fans who have instantly gone to - we cant make the 8 now.

Feel for Treacy if he actually is injured, seems the 'news' may have been sensationalised(what a surprise...).

Apart from a couple, can't say I feel for Freo supporters, considering the amount of times we've witnessed them revel in injuries to our players over the past couple of years.

The least we can do is be better than them, which isn't a hard thing to do.

Certainly not laughing at JT getting injured. As I mentioned, feel for him as he is one of the reasons I have enjoyed turning on a Freo game this year.

More chuckling at their fans who have instantly gone to - we cant make the 8 now.
Yep perhaps just poorly worded, don’t think you or anyone on here would take delight in a player going down or the fallout from that. 👍

Don’t think it’s as dramatic as some Freo supporters are making out he’ll be back playing good footy soon.

happy home GIF

Enter Matt Crabener

Tarryn Thomas meeting with the least surprising club (and coach) to consider recruiting him

Tarryn Thomas meeting with the least surprising club (and coach) to consider recruiting him

A club with no values, no integrity and (almost) no cups.

They deserve each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back