Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked to come back from each knee slightly more out of shape so I suspect the road back to AFL level, even with the demands on him being relaxed like they were, would have been quite the mountain.

My fav memory of him is playing for Australia and just totally dominating the ruck against the Irish with the likes of Travis Boak leaving their men immediately to cheat ahead of the ball knowing Nic would tap it straight to them.

For such a big guy hunting Nic was something special, he did tend to use his weight a bit though and physically impact the opposition which I can't begrudge him for since they all do what they can to win but it did add an element of thug to his brand.

A long way from that skinny shy kid I saw on the train prior to him being drafted.

Nic Nat? Nah. Actual s**t bloke

Not true. I've got a mate who is as one eyed purple as the rest of us who has had a bit to do with him off field. He reckons Nic Nat is one of the best and nicest blokes you will ever meet.

My favourite Nic memory was before AFL.
2008 WAFL grand final I was on the wing in the stands as he gave Phil Read a 40 meter head start and caught that little campaigner on the 50m line as he was about to kick into an open goal, and buried him 6 foot deep.

For that Nic you were always a fave
Soccer Nod GIF by Atlanta United

Well played to a great career from Nic Nat...but I did laugh at this

He ran from the centre circle to the 50m line without bouncing it once. Literally 40 metres....the umps really did love giving the weags gobbies back then

Pretty sure that's Margetts too

He handballed and tapped it to himself, resetting the distance each time. Nothing wrong with that umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah it doesn't count. You're deemed in possession the whole time.

Otherwise players would just handball to themselves instead of bouncing it.

OK. Stand corrected if that is the case. Still, handballing it in the air so much is optically a bit different and can't really blame the umpire too much.

What would happen if a player kicked the ball 50 metres up and 20 metres forward, then ran and marked it? Acres might do this one day. Is he supposed to get pinged for running too far?

OK. Stand corrected if that is the case. Still, handballing it in the air so much is optically a bit different and can't really blame the umpire too much.

What would happen if a player kicked the ball 50 metres up and 20 metres forward, then ran and marked it? Acres might do this one day. Is he supposed to get pinged for running too far?
Yes.

A kick resets it. A handball into the air doesn't. A handball into the ground resets it.

Another catastrophic weekend for the umpires.
Two blatant bad calls in the Geelong Collingwood game. Then a disputed goal in the Carlton V Dees game. A sof t call for a touch.But was it?
The soft call has to be done away with. The umpires are guessing. I"think" it was touched... not good enough.
Take the sof tcall away, take away the fourth umpire.
Imagine if any of these decisions were made in a GF and decided the result.

Just wondering as the Egirls now desperately need a ruck (& they should have plenty of money to splash around) will they make a play for Sean Darcy?

It seems yes it should be because the law says it needs to touch the ground to reset the distance.

Actually, a kick doesn't reset it. A 20m kick of yours that you mark should be a free against you.

Rule 18.13c if anyone's interested.
Ok, I thought it wasn't a mark but play on because I thought that had happened before. Not sure if it's always been that way but if the kick or handball doesn't hit the ground it's a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back