Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This corporate speak in the comments by the AFL spokesperson is the opposite of "transparent" and "really clear". It's gobbledygook and the AFL should save it for their corporate functions and schmoozing with their sponsors instead of saying this rubbish to plain, simple folk like myself. What has this sport turned into?

lol at butters getting away with a handful of actions worthy of suspension in the last 12 months and then copping a week for a wet lettuce punch.

You'd think they get it down to careless and he just gets a fine

Noticing a lot of the AFL media isn’t quite in-sync with AFL house at the moment.

Seems like a disconnect between the top end with the rest of the industry. Keen to see how all this develops.

Noticing a lot of the AFL media isn’t quite in-sync with AFL house at the moment.

Seems like a disconnect between the top end with the rest of the industry. Keen to see how all this develops.
I haven't noticed that in particular.

But this non 50 thing is a complete **** up from the AFL in terms of the explanation and the ramifications that might have for future similar instances.

When organisations give themselves up on the technicalities of the industry they're meant to be in charge of is often a sign of a deeper malaise.

What a shitshow for the AFL

Instead of just saying it was an unmitigated howler, Laura Kane goes into a doublespeak gobbledygook defense of the indefensible.

Why the hell was Kane even speaking on the matter?

Surely McBurney should have fronted up and addressed the matter, including an explanation of why the F*ck none of the 4 field umpires couldn't see what was blindingly obvious to everyone except them.

Once again the Umps get away with total unaccountability for their actions and hide behind the CEO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not

It was always going to be an exercise in attempted damage control rather than addressing the fact there is real cynicism about "inconsistencies" in umpiring decisions
It was just so rambling and incoherent before you get to the adherence and obligation to the rules part of it that I'm stunned any major organisation would let that be released these days.

It was just so rambling and incoherent before you get to the adherence and obligation to the rules part of it that I'm stunned any major organisation would let that be released these days.

Yes

Totally cringeworthy.

For once, even the media aren't buying the AFL spin

I hadn't seen the front on vision before.

The North player put his hands up saying wtf is going on here and stopped. When no 50 call came he had no option but to play on.

Sorry but this Laura Kane is starting to sound like an idiot . She needs to glue her lips together for a couple of weeks and reset.
I think she needs to reset herself outside Centrelink on Thursday morning.

Honestly Luthor I'm completely stunned by what she put out today.

Personally, I'm not. It's the less controversial of the two options:

1. Back the umpires in (defend the indefensible), and therefore deflect from what occurred. It will blow over within 24 hrs; or;
  2. Throw the umpires under a bus (again), with yet another decision (or decisions) being flagged as incorrect, and continue the trend (which will likely generate debate for longer IMO, as it's seemingly occurring more now than previous years, and on her watch).
Today was all about PR (and damage control) IMO. I'm not convinced anyone (including her) truly believed the explanation provided.

Surely? 🤷‍♂️

Personally, I'm not. It's the less controversial of the two options:

1. Back the umpires in (defend the indefensible), and therefore deflect from what occurred. It will blow over within 24 hrs; or;
  2. Throw the umpires under a bus (again), with yet another decision (or decisions) being flagged as incorrect, and continue the trend (which will likely generate debate for longer IMO, as it's seemingly occurring more now than previous years, and on her watch).
Today was all about PR (and damage control) IMO. I'm not convinced anyone (including her) truly believed the explanation provided.

Surely? 🤷‍♂️
In that case she's naive and stupid to think anyone would swallow that.

I'm more in the camp that it's just incompetence.

Bit torn on who to barrack for tonight. In the end I think I'm plumping for Geelong. On the face of things it makes top 4 appear further away, but in my opinion top 4 is still in our own hands, and won't depend on other results.

Then, because a Geelong win puts 4th equal with 2nd, it leaves top 2 open for discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back