Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

💯. Many people were frustrated that the coaching panel was not playing younger players when players were out of form. This has changed and most people are now happy.
I'd say that the coaching panel were also being stubborn on a few tactical options, they seemed to have been more willing to change a few things up which has been more successful. Others were frustrated at not adding any external voices to the coaching setup - we've now brought in someone at least part time. I think a lot of people had some reasonable concerns about our coaching setup (and most of them have been explored a little) and I dont think the discourse ever got close to the anger and hatred on some other boards

I can understand when your coach holds the VFL/AFL record of most games coached without making a grand final it could cause some angst, especially if you haven't won a knock out final in ten years.

It's been to-and-fro for the last 24 hours, but after the dust settled we have a re-entry to the seeds!

#1 - Sydney 156% (#1 in attack, #1 in defence - up 1 since Round 11)
#2 - Western Bulldogs 131% (#2 in attack - up 1 since Round 11, #8 in defence - up 1 since Round 11)
#3 - GWS 120% (#7 in attack - down 1 since Round 11, #3 in defence - up 2 since Round 11)
#4 - Brisbane 116% (up 2, #4 in attack, #9 in defence) - our scoring profile has completely flipped since the start of the bye rounds. After the Hawthorn loss we were #11 in attack and #6 in defence. So despite winning 3 in a row our defence has slipped 3 spots.

Carlton slip back to #5 through very little fault of their own. 115%, #3 in attack (up 4 since Round 11) and #12 in defence (up 2 since Round 11).

Geelong were #4 in attack after Round 11, but have slipped back to #5 there. #9 overall (down 3 since Round 11), 102%, #14 in defence (down 2 since Round 11).

On the defensive front, Freo are #2, up 1 spot since Round 11. #6 overall (113%) and #10 in attack, which is up 1 spot since Round 11. Gold Coast come into the defensive seedings at #4. #8 overall (104%) and #9 in attack. They replace Adelaide who have slipped from #4 back to #6 defensively. #12 overall (down 3), 92% and #14 in attack (down 1).

The model has us beating Melbourne (#10 - down 7 since Round 11, 94%, #13 in attack - down 3 since Round 11, and #5 in defence - down 4 since Round 11) by 16 points.
This week's fake seeds as brought to you by BRAB

#1 - Sydney 151% (#1 in attack, #2 in defence - down 1)
#2 - Western Bulldogs 125% (#2 in attack, #8 in defence). Their % takes a hit due to only beating the #18 seed by 3 goals.
#3 - Fremantle 118% (up 3, #8 in attack - up 2, #1 in defence - up 1). Freo leapfrog us on the back of a strong performance against the top seed
#4 - Brisbane 116% (#4 in attack, #10 in defence - down 1)

GWS slip back to #5 on the back of a poor performance against Adelaide. 115%, still #7 in attack and #3 in defence.

Carlton round out the top 4 teams in attack at #3. 112%, #13 (down 1) in defence, #6 (down 1) overall.

Melbourne come back into the top 4 defensively, at #4 (up 1). 97%, #13 in attack, #10 overall.

The fake model has us beating Adelaide (#11 overall - up 1, 97%, #12 in attack - up 2 and, #6 in defence) by 15 points.

This week's fake seeds as brought to you by BRAB

#1 - Sydney 151% (#1 in attack, #2 in defence - down 1)
#2 - Western Bulldogs 125% (#2 in attack, #8 in defence). Their % takes a hit due to only beating the #18 seed by 3 goals.
#3 - Fremantle 118% (up 3, #8 in attack - up 2, #1 in defence - up 1). Freo leapfrog us on the back of a strong performance against the top seed
#4 - Brisbane 116% (#4 in attack, #10 in defence - down 1)

GWS slip back to #5 on the back of a poor performance against Adelaide. 115%, still #7 in attack and #3 in defence.

Carlton round out the top 4 teams in attack at #3. 112%, #13 (down 1) in defence, #6 (down 1) overall.

Melbourne come back into the top 4 defensively, at #4 (up 1). 97%, #13 in attack, #10 overall.

The fake model has us beating Adelaide (#11 overall - up 1, 97%, #12 in attack - up 2 and, #6 in defence) by 15 points.
I think 🤔 without looking it seems to often have as us winning by 15?

I always used to like Hawthorn probably more so than most Victoria clubs but I don’t like this current outfits with the likes of Ginnivan and the supposed wizard with this constant shooshing of crowds but more the arrogance of the way they do it. Add in a couple of other unlikable characters and that low rent bloke with the rat tail and in me view they are quite the campaigners.

I always used to like Hawthorn probably more so than most Victoria clubs but I don’t like this current outfits with the likes of Ginnivan and the supposed wizard with this constant shooshing of crowds but more the arrogance of the way they do it. Add in a couple of other unlikable characters and that low rent bloke with the rat tail and in me view they are quite the campaigners.
My word you have gone early. Imagine how you'll be when they're playing big finals every year! 😂

I steer clear of neutral games as a rule now, but happened to have the Haw v WC game on yesterday.

Appears the karma bus well and truly hit Sicily - was mouthing off (over the top) at Maric (?) after a holding the ball decision, and 5 mins later on the other wing (not far from Maric, from memory), he popped his shoulder in a rather innocuous incident.

Dare say if I was Maric (or whoever it was), that would have been my cue to offer Sicily my thoughts!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A thought occurs: realistic outcome for the season sees Brisbane v Hawthorn elimination final. Despite our general record against the Hawks, that's also a location the Hawks haven't visited since 2019 (amazingly, even including the COVID year)

A thought occurs: realistic outcome for the season sees Brisbane v Hawthorn elimination final. Despite our general record against the Hawks, that's also a location the Hawks haven't visited since 2019 (amazingly, even including the COVID year)

Since 2009 we've played the hawks 3 times at the Gabba.

Look I get a coach will always stick up for his player but his it was funny watching Bevo getting all pissy about Weightman and the criticism of many about his BS antics…you know the ducking antics like Ginnivan and mini Ginnivan the supposed wizard and younger Daicos.

My word you have gone early. Imagine how you'll be when they're playing big finals every year! 😂
Ah but when someone points out that he just doesn't like them because they are too good etc he can point out that he despised them when they sucked too ... kind of a preemptive moral high (??) ground!

Max King out for the season after doing his PCL against Port in the second quarter. Might explain his form after just about every footy show since that game has questioned his effort. Probably explains said form particularly in the second half.

Probably can do away with goal umpires within a few years unless they’re kept on for the theatrics of them:

The first one does not show what the goal umpire indicated.
The second one has the goal umpire signaling a goal and not even a review. But ball tracking indicates a behind post hit.

So will ball tracking automatically override the umpire decision on the scoreboard.
Or will they have a pow wow to make things clear.
Decision would have to come down to umps via microphone if umpire decision is different to ball tracking.
Hopefully it is overridden quickly as players would be headed back to the center square in that 2nd example.

In the second case the Suns fans (or insert Pies) would be screaming.

At the end of the day if you can get the correct score result that's what's important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back