Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller has been horribly out of form lately. Might turn out to be addition by subtraction for the Suns, if they’re able to move Flanders on ball full time.

Is Witts out as well?
Usual recovery time from a fractured vertebra is 6-9 weeks I think. Might depend how they're going as to whether they bring him back

People will have you believe the AFL only speaks the truth and that is how they all portray everything and turn everything back on the person that ever speaks out. Any intelligent person can see through the AFLs BS and doesn’t buy into their narratives yet so few people ever call them out. If that’s egocentric then so be it but you could name the top ten most prominent AFL journos and they’re all fan boys of the AFLs narratives.
I dont think anyone believes or trusts the AFL with the truth. We all know they will sweep everything under the carpet and do their best to manipulate the story to best suit their current agenda. The media massively work in that system and help the AFL out.

So yes its great to get some who will call out the bullshit. But Kennett is one of the last people anyone should listen to. Hes all about himself, wouldn't trust him to piss on me if I was on fire

People will have you believe the AFL only speaks the truth and that is how they all portray everything and turn everything back on the person that ever speaks out. Any intelligent person can see through the AFLs BS and doesn’t buy into their narratives yet so few people ever call them out. If that’s egocentric then so be it but you could name the top ten most prominent AFL journos and they’re all fan boys of the AFLs narratives.
You misunderstand me. I'm talking about people who are egocentric by nature like Kennett and Newman. People like that, are low on self-doubt and rarely stop to question their own thoughts and are therefore prone to being wrong about things. Not always, but in my experience it's people like that who are also prone to become reactive and contrarian, and will taken an opposite view point out of belligerence.

Even so, I trust them more than the lies AFL spews forth. Lest start with the umpiring which the AFL says has never been better. I’ve heard Sam talk about the umpiring and it’s bang on with what most people say and if even if it’s “their” truth, it’s darn more accurate than what the AFL says. And there’s a myriad of topics that has nothing to do with “their” views where there far more in tune than the AFL and it’s not just Jeff / Sam there’s plenty of others I afraid of the AFL. Sadly those that are afraid are the only ones the masses here from because they eat out of the AFLs hands.

it’s darn more accurate than what the AFL says.
Why? If one thing is untrue, it doesn't necessarily mean the opposing view is correct. If the AFL says the umpiring is better than ever, it doesn't mean it's worse than ever. Truth usually lies in someone where in the middle, in the grey areas.

Ben Keays will be the first Crows player in their history to play 100 consecutive games - an amazing achievement for Ben.

Why? If one thing is untrue, it doesn't necessarily mean the opposing view is correct. If the AFL says the umpiring is better than ever, it doesn't mean it's worse than ever. Truth usually lies in someone where in the middle, in the grey areas.
Wouldn’t be far off being worse than ever particularly a few weeks ago. Anyway, most people I know that follow the game closely accept that the AFL are the biggest manipulators and liars of an organisation that exists in this country. Anyway, I appreciate many take their word as gospel and there’s a few willing to call them out so I’ll leave it there because evidently many here disagree with me and happy to laud the AFL and their carefully choreographed journo spokespeople.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading the Carlton MRP thread re Heeney is hilarious, I read it's a "rort" if he gets off. Weren't saying that when Cripps got off after KO'ing Ah Chee and then going to win the Brownlow, even though they're both rorts...

Heeney probably gets off for the same reason Cripps gets off; the AFL wouldn't want the whole Brownlow spectacle to be about that.

Reading the Carlton MRP thread re Heeney is hilarious, I read it's a "rort" if he gets off. Weren't saying that when Cripps got off after KO'ing Ah Chee and then going to win the Brownlow, even though they're both rorts...

Heeney probably gets off for the same reason Cripps gets off; the AFL wouldn't want the whole Brownlow spectacle to be about that.
I think Heeney deserves to get off, there is no way he meant to clock Webster in the face, his arm moving back isn't in a high motion, its more chest height. He just got him at the wrong time.

Cripps on the other hand was a legitimate snipe act to try and will his team back into the game. Always remember that he was suspended and shouldn't have been eligible to win the brownlow. Only got off on a technicality of tribunal administration "somehow".

"The main contention came down to whether Cripps "bumped" Ah Chee, which neither he nor his counsel were asked, yet the Tribunal used as part of its verdict."

Sometimes it doesn't pay to give your dud mates from law school a cushy job.

I think Heeney should get off because there was next to nothing in the incident anyway.

Cripps on the other hand..... :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back