Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox sports reporting that Shai Bolton wants a trade back to Western Australia, not OOC until end of 2028, only 25 years old and a hell of a player when in form.

What would he be worth on the trade table?

As it stands now the Dockers have selections 7, 12, 16 and 25 in this years draft... the Eagles have 3, 23 and 59.

I’d ask for 7, 12 and 16 with 21 going back to them.

Would take 7 & 12.

In an ideal world I’d hold him to his deal and back in a 3 year rebuild period.

I actually think its a smart move to let him go if they can fully cash in. While he's young, Bolton is the ultimate cream on top. He looks terrible and lazy when they arent going well. He would set a terrible example to their young players. He also plays a role thats much easier to get a kid to play.

This lets them cash in with a heap of picks before Tassie comes in. They will still have a fair few senior guys around who may not be as top end talented as Bolton but will do the hard work he wont.

I actually think its a smart move to let him go if they can fully cash in. While he's young, Bolton is the ultimate cream on top. He looks terrible and lazy when they arent going well. He would set a terrible example to their young players. He also plays a role thats much easier to get a kid to play.

This lets them cash in with a heap of picks before Tassie comes in. They will still have a fair few senior guys around who may not be as top end talented as Bolton but will do the hard work he wont.
Bolton going into the Dockers side would make them a hell of a side in 2025.

Fox sports reporting that Shai Bolton wants a trade back to Western Australia, not OOC until end of 2028, only 25 years old and a hell of a player when in form.

As it stands now the Dockers have selections 7, 12, 16 and 25 in this years draft... the Eagles have 3, 23 and 59.

Since Bolton has shown his hand and wants the move, Dockers can negotiate down. They're flying already and he'll be the icing on the cake at this stage, there is no rush for Fremantle to overpay.

16 + future first
12 + 16 + future second

If they want 7 as part of the deal then attach a premium to any offers involving 7.

It could be like the Dion Prestia deal from Gold Coast in the past:
"DION Prestia is now a Tiger after Richmond and Gold Coast reached a deal for the talented midfielder. Richmond will get Prestia and pick No. 24 and send pick No. 6 and their future second-round pick to Gold Coast."

Tigers looking to load up on first round draft picks this year and next.

They also have enough late second and third round picks to buy our first round pick this year.

I am pretty against adding more grey areas to the rules, but the way players "uppercut" to get high tackles looks terrible and is a real blight on the game. Selwood at least when he started the trend kept his hands on the ball and just angled his elbows out, so mostly was his strength forcing tackling errors.

Players dropping the knees at incoming tackles and then upper cutting arms into their neck is one of the most frustrating things about the game. It's frustrating when the top level of the sport becomes completely disconnected from the lower levels, I imagine if you tried to do that in a state league you would get ypur head ripped off. It's reminds me of the farce that travelling in the NBA has become.
I posted this on the main board, but can we “expect” the leg drop and feint a wrapping tackle? The Hawthorn small forward (pick one) will do a Sammy Mitchell and go the drop and uppercut with no contact?

But does it make sense?

Bolton is too young to offload IMO.

If they go into full rebuild mode, this is a good year to do it.
Draft is deep and they'll find some good players to build on.

And in South Australian Jack Graham who wants out to Perth

Yze won't have anyone left the rate they are leaving and you can almost count Martin going or retiring if this many of his mates are bailing.

I guess for Tigers, youd rather this be happening now than in 2-3 years.

And in South Australian Jack Graham who wants out to Perth

Yze won't have anyone left the rate they are leaving and you can almost count Martin going or retiring if this many of his mates are bailing.

I guess for Tigers, youd rather this be happening now than in 2-3 years.

Gives Yze a fresh start.
And probably an extra year or 2 of pressure release.

I've got a different take on this.

If you're Richmond it makes no sense to not play hardball on keeping your most exciting player who's just 25.

You need to give your supporters a reason to stay invested and keep turning up to games,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a different take on this.

If you're Richmond it makes no sense to not play hardball on keeping your most exciting player who's just 25.

You need to give your supporters a reason to stay invested and keep turning up to games,

If he genuinely don't want to be there............

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back