Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns are so shit. Into their 6th rebuild and still have so many dumb footballers. Never seen a team that refuses to kick and control a game. Just handball and run into traffic seems to be what they’ve been taught.
Not beyond the realm of possibility that the Suns could finish as low as fourth last this season with the Saints (one game behind) and Crows (game and a half behind) with a game in hand on the Suns and all with a similar percentage.

If that was the case, doubt many predicted at the start of the season that the Suns would finish bottom four.

Harley Reid or whoever is managing him are setting him up for a massive fall. The fact the West Australian puts him on the front and back page literally every third or fourth day - it’s already been 80-90 times since he’s been drafted is ridiculous and he carries on like an entitled flog. Hardly surprising given he’s a 19 year old kid and is as big as Cousins and Judd in their prime and wouldn’t know any better. I hate saying it, but unless he’s out of WA or not at a big Victorian club I suspect we’re going to see a very unlikable player for style next 10 years.
He seems like a massive tool, glad we don't have him.

Is that you Peter bell?

Bolton has 4 more years under contract and is Richmond’s best player given the state of tom Lynch’s body.

Has to be a drastic overpay to get done imo - which Freo should offer! Only reason for them not to is if they get a guarantee that Chad Warner wants to come back to Perth at the end of 2025.
In my view - Bolton being the best player in wooden spoon team matters little to Freo. 4 year contract does for sure.

Freo will / should only overpay if Tigers offer to carry some of Bolton's salary in their cap. I think Richmond should offer that, its like selling their cap to load up on early draft picks.

Considering the state of their list and amount of cash locked up already across say Darcy, Jackson, Serong - it makes no sense for Dockers to overpay and then be in a jam managing all under the cap. If they do a deal without hitting their cap too much, it'll give them options to even attract someone like Warner down the track. Now that'll be a scary list.

For the academics and mathematicians... That's officially the end of Adelaide for 2024. They still had a one-in-a-billion chance of making it with a Melbourne win tonight.
This round has started to build some separation from the bottom half of the pack. Only saints with 12 win possibility were counted as done previously, we can put Adelaide, Gold Coast and even Demons to that list now.

Pies and Bombers might hang around for a bit depending on rest of the round.

This round has started to build some separation from the bottom half of the pack. Only saints with 12 win possibility were counted as done previously, we can put Adelaide, Gold Coast and even Demons to that list now.

Pies and Bombers might hang around for a bit depending on rest of the round.
Saints can still finish 7th. Possibly higher.

I’m actually really sad for Gold Coast.

They really had such a good chance to play in the finals this year and have just not shown up in key moments throughout the year.

Maybe it is a bit mental for them.

The blame is already happening in the media too

Really if they were better at playing in close games - North, Saints, Eagles - and actually won those games, then they'd be in a much better ladder position. It's just flunking in key moments, as you said.
1722643662477.png

They need to maximise this years and next years drafts, before Tassie starts compromising the draft.

Richmond need to rebuild their midfield and tall forward stocks, as well as find their future fullback. They could genuinely do that this draft and next draft with the amount of top 25 picks they could potentially generate. Half backs and half forwards are easier to find in the future.

Rioli potentially nets them two first round picks from Gold Gold Coast (that's the talk, as crazy as that seems to me). Bolton nets them two first round picks from Freo. Baker and Graham nets them two second round picks from West Coast (1 via trade, the other via free agency compensation).

Then they currently picks 1 & 21 to add to the above. And they could trade us picks 36, 39, 41 and 54 for our first round pick and pick 66.

They don't currently have enough young talent to bounce back quickly, and there are quite a few teams loaded with young talent who are going to jump in to the top 8 while Richmond rebuild, so Bolton might be 30+ before Richmond see finals again.
I get the theory but that's probably too many senior players out at once. They still need some experience to guide the kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Suns
Firstly, i thought the Eagles were a good chance to knock them off at home. So, no surprise to me with the result.
I always had this feeling that when making the 8 is looking like a struggle for the Suns they appear to drop their bundle.
Looking back to 2017 onwards below their win/loss record for the last 10 rounds of the season. Drew appointed in 2018
2017: Win 1 Loss 9
2018: Win 1 Loss 9
2019: Win 0 Loss 10
2020: Win 1 Draw 1 Loss 8
2021: Win 3 Loss 7
2022: Win 4 Loss 6
2023: Win 3 Loss 7
2024: Win 2 Loss 5 with Bombers (A), Demons (H) and Tigers (A) to go.

It is a reason why our 41-point loss to them in round 20 last year was a bit of a shock to me at the time.
The Suns did not win a game after that win.

They really had such a good chance to play in the finals this year and have just not shown up in key moments throughout the year.

May be they need an Adam Kingsley or Chris Fagan type coach.

Dimma might be too hard edged. With very little patience.

At this point I don't think they know how to grow the F up.

Bizarre that there's a standalone game this arvo... And it's a battle for the wooden spoon. Haven't even thought to turn the telly on.

And then tonight we have 2 matches on simultaneously which both arguably deserve to be standalone games.

For what it's worth, I reckon I'll be sticking with the Port v Swans game so I don't have to tolerate what will no doubt be a veritable Pendlebury vomit fest 🤮

Bizarre that there's a standalone game this arvo... And it's a battle for the wooden spoon. Haven't even thought to turn the telly on.

And then tonight we have 2 matches on simultaneously which both arguably deserve to be standalone games.

For what it's worth, I reckon I'll be sticking with the Port v Swans game so I don't have to tolerate what will no doubt be a veritable Pendlebury vomit fest 🤮
Pendlebury has been a fantastic player, Simon Black like skills but yer the over the top sycophantic ramblings would be too hard to take for me as well.

Reckon there’s a real win-win in the Carlton-pies game. Pies lose, season is over in pendles’ 400th. Pies win, Carlton are pretty unlikely to catch us.

On a separate note pendles is one of the most boring players in history. An excellent player but at no point the best player in the comp.

The style of play is effective, but understated so doesn’t have the highlights of others.

He’s been super clean off field and good since the beginning, never really having to overcome hardship.

Media and pies fans care but not sure any oppo fan would ever go out of their way to go to a game as a neutral just to see him.

Reckon there’s a real win-win in the Carlton-pies game. Pies lose, season is over in pendles’ 400th. Pies win, Carlton are pretty unlikely to catch us.

On a separate note pendles is one of the most boring players in history. An excellent player but at no point the best player in the comp.

The style of play is effective, but understated so doesn’t have the highlights of others.

He’s been super clean off field and good since the beginning, never really having to overcome hardship.

Media and pies fans care but not sure any oppo fan would ever go out of their way to go to a game as a neutral just to see him.
I am conflicted on that game too, just prefer a Pies win:shrug:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back