Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It sums up how volatile the ladder is at this stage of the season in this year where teams are so even - i.e. Freo went from 3rd to 6th in 1 round, Blues went from 2nd to 8th in 2 rounds.
Yep last 4 weeks we have had some results to get us into second with teams losing that we thought would win so the whole thing is so volatile as you say.

Pretty sure this was before last night's game. They're on 10 wins now and could only get to 12. Looks like their season is done but hopefully we put the nail in the coffin next week
Yeah I stuffed up... That was on Squiggle and apparently there was some sort of glitch in the matrix last night evidently handing Collingwood victory.

Update: it's still there 😂

Screenshot_20240810_230255_Chrome.jpg

So all ladder predictors right now (including the one I did above) are messed up. Sorry braddsey 🙏

Think that’s top 4 gone for the season
Win our two games we’re still in with a good chance.
I think Geelong are a lock for top 4 now.
The it comes down to GWS & Port. If they both win their last 2, then we finish 5th.
Rnd-23 i think they’ll both win:
GWS vs Freo
Port vs Crows

Rnd-24 is massive.
WB vs GWS (Marvel)
Freo vs Port (Perth)

Last edited:
Win our two games we’re still in with a good chance.
I think Geelong are a lock for top 4 now.
The it comes down to GWS & Port. If they both win their last 2, then we finish 5th.
Rnd-23 i think they’ll both win:
GWS vs Freo
Port vs Crows

Rnd-24 is massive.
WB vs GWS (Ballarat)
Freo vs Port (Perth)
Edited above

Lions players will be feeling like crap after that loss.
Essendon players would be feeling worse though.
The Bombers play Swans (Marvel) & Lions (Gabba) for the last two games so i think their season is over.

The remaining 2 Sunday games that could change the race home.
I think we want the Blues to beat the Hawks as the Hawks should win their last two being Tigers and North.
Blues last two should also be wins against Eagles & Saints.
The Hawks have a good recent record against us so them missing the 8 is better, i think.

Dogs v Crows at AO so the Crows in with a chance but nothing to play for really other than a win.
Dogs last two being North at Marvel and Giants at Ballarat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Suns could also win the last two games after finally winning an away game.
Demons at Carrara and Tigers at the MCG. That MCG crowd number will be interesting
That would have them on 12 wins which is something to build on in 2025.
But they are so unpredictable.

Would push them out of the bottom 6 and potentially give us a double up against Richmond or west coast next year.

Popcorn out for this one
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Probably be 0 goals in the first quarter 😂

We are definitely still big time in the mix for the premiership this year. A lot of permutations for the final spots for us and everyone else.

If we can steal second spot then the two home finals will make us extremely formidable I think for any visiting teams in the finals.

I think the other advantage we potentially have is that there isn’t an all out dominant team like some years past (I’m not convinced about the swans being a super team)

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back