Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Cunny.

I wonder what his nickname will be?

Ben Cunnington
Ryan Bastinac
Aaron Black

Loving it so far. :thumbsu:

So far we are "winning the draft". Be a few years to see if indeed it was a win.

Stevens vs Bastinac is certainly one to watch.

I think you'd have to agree that Melbourne won the draft through weight of numbers. But if you rated based on positions - from a distance - your mob absolutely romped it in!!

Have to agree Levi - from all reports Bastinac V Stevens is nought more than a coin flip. Will be an interesting comparison in years to come.

Was watching the draft and when Black was still available, I nearly had to excuse myself - though was utterly deflated we took Weedon over him. I have this funny feeling that I'll be crying my eyes out in 5 years time when Black starts knocking back 80 goals a season.

Edit: How nervous will commentators be in 2011 when GC play North Melbourne,

"Cunnington running down the wing, tackled by Karmichael Hunt - god i hope i got that right"

I think you'd have to agree that Melbourne won the draft through weight of numbers. But if you rated based on positions - from a distance - your mob absolutely romped it in!!

Have to agree Levi - from all reports Bastinac V Stevens is nought more than a coin flip. Will be an interesting comparison in years to come.

Was watching the draft and when Black was still available, I nearly had to excuse myself - though was utterly deflated we took Weedon over him. I have this funny feeling that I'll be crying my eyes out in 5 years time when Black starts knocking back 80 goals a season.

Edit: How nervous will commentators be in 2011 when GC play North Melbourne,

"Cunnington running down the wing, tackled by Karmichael Hunt - god i hope i got that right"

you might as well throw Swallow into that call for good measure.

Very well done North!
Apparently Bastinac was the only one Scully didn't lap in all the Stingrays time trials so must have a pretty big tank & Black's highlights reel is awesome. I think there will be 15 other clubs scratching their heads on that one in years to come.

At the Arden St open day, before the opening of the new facilities, was a last chance to walk through all the old areas before they are demolished.

In the recruiting staff's office, the "list" was still on the whiteboard (hopefully a poster took a photo), was a list from 1-40 in magnets, with height/weight etc.

Their top 10 rankings were

Trengove
Scully
Martin
Cunnington
Morabito
Rohan
Melkshem
Butcher
Sheppherd
Talia

Some from memory

Tapscott was at 11, Black 13, Lucas 14, JMP 16, Griffiths 27, Gysberts 19, Menzel 39, Thomas 40

Koby Stevens was in the mid 20's.

The guys North took, were ranked as follows.

Cunnington (4)
Bastinac (18)
Black (13)
MacMillan (20)
Kennedy (22)
Norris (31)

Basically meaning, they took Bastinac, with the knowledge, if they took Black at 21, West Coast would have taken him at 22.

Very risky, but it paid off.

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne Draft Selection Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back