North Melbourne seals Tassie deal

Remove this Banner Ad

That story is BS on two levels:

1. A nice man like Mr Jeffrey Kennett wouldn't bully anyone; and

2. The Tasmanian Government is not that decisive that it could go from "we'll see the deal and decide in our own time" on Tuesday morning to "let's go" later that day.

That story is BS on two levels:

1. A nice man like Mr Jeffrey Kennett wouldn't bully anyone; and

2. The Tasmanian Government is not that decisive that it could go from "we'll see the deal and decide in our own time" on Tuesday morning to "let's go" later that day.

Our man Assange is onto this already, for clarificaton purposes. He'll be reporting his findings here using SLF or jj as his proxy.

Which is exactly what scottywiper reported a few weeks back.

Boy, has this just blown up in the Tas governments face.
Though, it does seem those email came from Scott Wade, who is somewhat less trustworthy than a Port Adelaide supporter in a town of unlocked doors and no police.
Seriously, there are only four organisations in Australia worse than NSW Labor; Tas Labor, Tas Libs, AFL Tasmania, and Telstra.

Though, it does seem those email came from Scott Wade, who is somewhat less trustworthy than a Port Adelaide supporter in a town of unlocked doors and no police.
Seriously, there are only four organisations in Australia worse than NSW Labor; Tas Labor, Tas Libs, AFL Tasmania, and Telstra.

Jeff Kennett doesn't qualify as an "organisation"?

Wade does his job as General Manager of AFL Tas. Doesnt cowtow to vested interests keen to pick the pocket of Tassie footy as was the norm going back to the VFL days.

He will continue to work for what is best for Tas, not North.

Be honest, North are only interested in what they can get out of Tas, compared to the Hawks who have exactly the same aims but execute it professionally.

Wade does his job as General Manager of AFL Tas. Doesnt cowtow to vested interests keen to pick the pocket of Tassie footy as was the norm going back to the VFL days.

Be honest, North are only interested in what they can get out of Tas, compared to the Hawks who have exactly the same aims but execute it professionally.
Well, Wade was trying to get North into Hobart, so even by your argument he got it wrong. The guy has, quite simply, destructive in every respect except one.

Wade does not just do his job as head of AFL Tas. Wade is a senior member of the Clarence mafia that has run football and cricket in Tasmania for over 20 years. He just happens to be the worst of them so far. Go and have a look at the TSL board and see what people think of him, even most southerners hate what he has done to Tasmanian footy (except Clarence fans).

My guess is he does what's best for the AFL first, second and third. Tasmania comes in a distant fourth.

As an independent to this topic and a former Hobart boy myself I would just like to express my best wishes for this venture. The deal has potential to be a fantastic coup for North Melbourne, Hobart and Tasmanain Football as a whole.

2 Games a year, 1 against Hawthorn - if that is the case, would be a fantastic development for a devoted football city like Hobart. Although i would have initially said that Richmond would be best suited to the state, i believe honestly that the proposal formulated for North Melbourne would far exceed expectations. I would expect crowds of 15k + and a healthy respect for the club to formulate down south. Nothing, and i mean nothing says good footy like a proper derby too....Launcestaun vs Hobart....crowds would love that (especially given the rise in anti-Hawthorn sentiment down South!).

Not sure where the deal lies at the minute....given that Tas is not looking at its own team for the next 5-10 years, this could really help support football for all interests at the moment. Tasmania is not Canberra nor the Gold Coast, this is a venture with real merit. Hopefully we can see this come through....nobody likes seeing the Dawks try to invest a monopoly on football heritage that does not belong to them!

Good on you Brayshaw and the other members of North!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^ Thanks for the post.

Its good to here from those who know the area and the people who live there.

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne seals Tassie deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back