North Melbourne UNDERATED!

Remove this Banner Ad

North creamed us tonight, smashed us in the middle and our defence was as reliable as an ice sculpture in the sun.

I still don't rate them anywhere near the current top four though. Nor do I rate us at that level. We're both also-rans this season.

North creamed us tonight, smashed us in the middle and our defence was as reliable as an ice sculpture in the sun.

I still don't rate them anywhere near the current top four though. Nor do I rate us at that level. We're both also-rans this season.

4th this season is like 6th-8th any other though. It's a top three right now.

Yo for those that missed it listen up.

The Kangaroos won many a game last year. They had Archer in his last year and did very well.

They worked very hard and made 4th spot.

Then got flogged to the tune of 100 points in a qualifying final. They would have known right there and then they couldn't beat Geelong.

So they gave it the Hawks because they are better. Hawks went all crazy with the dirty striking but it got them nowhere.

They then had absolutely no intention of going to get embarrassed against Geelong with everybody watching.

They let Port do it. ;)

Go the Kangas! Well done. They really need to stop dropping games out of Melbourne. I think the hard fought win over Port to get back some pride for the semi they threw was a real confidence booster.

They will make the final 8 for sure. I think either Brisbane or Adelaide will get kicked out.

wouldnt say north are underrated. id say theyre respected :thumbsu:

hell yeah!! :thumbsu:

seriously, last night they were coming in waves. even well colingwood were up you had a feeling north would comeback.

i have an issue with ppl calling north underrated. i mean they complain that no one rates them, then they say theyre underrated, they hate the "shinboner" spirit term (again sickening used by the media this morning - SEN news report) but archer is the "shinboner of the century"

From sitting outside looking at North, I have the feeling that they don't have a lot of big name players. They have some (Harvey being the main one) but have a lot of very good players and when they play well they work their tails off and are very well coached. Collingwood are a little the same and that is why it doesn't suprise me that North got them twice this year.

I don't know that people don't rate them or respect them, its just because there game is based on hard work that if they don't work hard, they can get beaten by teams on other days they would definitely beat (i.e. Freo). A team like Geelong or the Bulldogs can have an off game and there top end class will get them through the game, North can't rely on that.

Just an outsiders opinion. I respect North greatly but doesn't mean that I pick them each week. In fact I was on record as picking the Pies but with no level of confidence! In fact had a bet on the Roos and would have won if I wasn't such a knob and choose the option over 39 points when I meant to pick under 39 (D'oh).

Molly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

07, we were way underrated - hard to say we are underrated this year as the gap between our best and worst has been too big (ref losses to Freo and Saints in particular), but i like where we are heading with our kids

i think last night was an even mix of North underrated and Collingwood way overrated

The Pies and us are very similar I reckon - can look very good when 22 committed players, hard at the ball, but liable to fall away badly if that effort drops a bit

North Melbournes form against the top sides is as good as any! Time for people to admit North are a dangerous force on any given day!

True, but it's a pity their form against mediocre sides has got the into trouble this year. Laidley seems to have taken his studies at the Malthouse school of "prepare like hell for the big games and forget about the little ones" pretty seriously.

North and Collingwood are similar in that they will always threaten the good sides and fall away against the the average ones. They are great as the hunter but can't cope with the hunted tag.

Also, a note on Lachlen Hansen. I think he'll be a good player but his disposal was beyond bad last night. 61% efficiency and 6 clangers. You would expect a number 3 draft pick to be better than that.

So I guess Brisbane is the exception to the rule having lost to both cellar dwellars Melbourne and West Coast :rolleyes:
No Brisbane isnt an exception to the rule at all.They are in a similar positon to North as well because they havnt won enough games against the lower clubs as well.Didnt think you would turn this into a brisbane v North debate as its got completely nothing to do with the topic at hand .Difference is i am prepared to admit it where as some of your supporters get carried away with wins only to find that north are just as likely to let themselves down next week against a lower club

Hmm, i don't think i agree.. they always come out and beat some team they 'shouldn't', and then claim they are under rated. Losing to freo and beating collingwood doesn't make you under rated IMO.. they are solid, but far too inconsistent to be called under rated.

North and Collingwood are similar in that they will always threaten the good sides and fall away against the the average ones. They are great as the hunter but can't cope with the hunted tag.

Also, a note on Lachlen Hansen. I think he'll be a good player but his disposal was beyond bad last night. 61% efficiency and 6 clangers. You would expect a number 3 draft pick to be better than that.

You would expect better than that but amongst the North fans there is a feeling of "belonging" that is missing with Lachy. It is a little bit above the shoulders but that is why he needs as many games as possible into him.

He had 18 touches and 8 marks last night. Commentator's were getting his marks confused with Petrie, thats how comfortable he looked when his feet were off the ground. Just needs to get settled.

Despite his kicking yips, when he played purely on instinct, IMO he had his best quarter (the last).

The calmness will come. Just needs as many games as possible into him and will dominate North's backline for the better part of a decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne UNDERATED!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back