North Melbourne vs Adelaide@Ethiad stadium sunday June 5th 1.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I've actually tipped us.....may change :)

Both teams in inconspicuous form and I'm expecting we come out and fire after last week....only to return to rubbish in Round 11.

Last week a few predictable Lions tore us up eg Black and Power in midfield. McGrath had also become a key goalscorer for them. BUT we did nothing about it!

Who are the Roos who always hurt us? Harvey is definitely one, maybe Wells. Can we as a club identify the dangers and actually try to implement something to counteract these guys? (Along the lines of the "Players we can see...." thread)

Find 2 midfielders and not only do we get better ball up forward, a better press when they have the ball but the midfield has to run back less to help out the defense because the ball will be going there not only less but not as clean.

If not get used to us just stopping when the midfield tires (like the last 2 weeks)

Nth finnished strongly last week, but immaturely...

Really not sure how this one will go - we should be able to win comfortably but that means nothing lately.
The saddest part is that I will be in Melbourne for the game and considered (only very briefly) that free entry to the MCG (sanfl member) was an option to watch Freo and Hawthorn rather than paying to watch our game. :(:confused:

North's midfield is very good in close, very clean, quick hands....

Our's is miserable at best. Even when we get our hands on the ball, we fumble, miss targets and over run the ball

Expect us to get smoked in clearances, which isnt really a big, ballsy call is it:rolleyes:

North's midfield is very good in close, very clean, quick hands....

Our's is miserable at best. Even when we get our hands on the ball, we fumble, miss targets and over run the ball

Expect us to get smoked in clearances, which isnt really a big, ballsy call is it:rolleyes:

I'm tipping a close Adelaide win:

Adelaide 10 . 7 . 67
North 7 . 20 . 62

Bookmark it.

I am seriously considering not going to this.

I genuinely fear about our propensity to lose against crap sides (read Norf) whilst beating good sides coupled with the lacklustre Kanga fans having the ability to turn Etihad into a funeral home.

Combine this with the fact that both sides are boring football exponents, this game will be akin to watching the Socceroos playing at the MCG next week.

However, given that my Vic membership only entitles me to 6 games here in Melbourne + 1 in Sleepy Hollow, I will most likely be one of the 20,000 fans (read suckers) attending. Look for me high up in the 3rd tier on Sunday arvo. I might take a book to read!

Surely, we cant play as bad as we did against Melbourne (which I left early in last qtr in disgust). Surely?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This promises to be another terrible game of footy.
seriously, what is it about north, adelaide and terrible footy :(

(comma may not apply here.. ;))

Hey now, we're the best bottom-placed team ever!
Better than the Fitzroy team that managed a spoon and a premiership in the same season? :cool:

The game against North last year was one of my most embarrassing moments as a Crows fan (though the Melbourne and Lions games this year have at least equalled it). Have the potential for another to be added this week. :eek:

My desire to see Neil Craig gone has now achieved parity with my desire to see us win, resulting in a great big steaming pile of 'meh'. I will only be enthusiastic if we win, or if we lose and Neil Craig is booted, neither of which is likely to happen.

Think I'll paint a room and watch said paint dry.

Is there any thread that doesn't just dissolve into boring negativity? I used to enjoy this board but not anymore. Thank goodness we haven't gone through a period of losing like Richmond.

Is there any thread that doesn't just dissolve into boring negativity? I used to enjoy this board but not anymore. Thank goodness we haven't gone through a period of losing like Richmond.

How many boards are bursting with enthusiasm when their team is playing terrible? It's not new that the team and supporters find themselves feeding off the same negative energy when things aren't looking too crash hot. Yet give it a win or two and positivity resurfaces.

I wouldn't be too critical of people. I look at it as a typical human ebb and flow. It might appear fickle, but c'est la vie. :)

Out of our next 5 games this one is probably our most likely of a victory. I can't remember the order exactly but we have North, West Coast, Bulldogs and Geelong coming up. Bulldogs and Geelong away and I dont fancy us against West Coast at the moment. Hate the Sunday games but I will be watching for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne vs Adelaide@Ethiad stadium sunday June 5th 1.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back