Autopsy North Melbourne WINS vs Richmond. Get in here.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've spent the week failing to put into words the moment that was shared with roughly 7,500 other North supporters who cheered off the players as they walked down the race.

It was a phenomenal moment at the footy. Few have topped it over the last 20 years in my opinion. It's funny that it was against Richmond of all teams. I think if I was trying to work out my five best days at the footy over the last 10-odd years, I'd almost have to take Richmond games against the field. The 2015 EF, the game at the MCG where Petrie kicked 7 goals on Rance, being down 35 points at halftime to run them over at Marvel, and also the first games for Shaw and Adams have all been some of the most memorable and enjoyable days that I've been able to attend.

We were a lot more daring in that last quarter compared to last week. David Noble was content to sit back and let Collingwood steal the victory, whereas Adams wanted us to take the game right to our opponents. We made them work a lot harder, which may have been why we were able to steal victory in the end. To me, it felt like Richmond had run out of gas towards the end of the game. We missed some great chances before eventually taking the lead and if the game goes for another 10 minutes, then I think we pull away and win comfortably.

Last edited:

I've spent the week failing to put into words the moment that was shared with roughly 7,500 other North supporters who cheered off the players as they walked down the race.

It was a phenomenal moment at the footy. Few have topped it over the last 20 years in my opinion. It's funny that it was against Richmond of all teams. I think if I was trying to work out my five best days at the footy over the last 10-odd years, I'd almost have to take Richmond games against the field. The 2015 EF, the game at the MCG where Petrie kicked 7 goals on Rance, being down 35 points at halftime to run them over at Marvel, and also the first games for Shaw and Adams have all been some of the most memorable and enjoyable days that I've been able to attend.

We were a lot more daring in that last quarter compared to last week. David Noble was content to sit back and let Collingwood steal the victory, whereas Adams wanted us to take the game right to our opponents. We made them work a lot harder, which may have been why we were able to steal victory in the end. To me, it felt like Richmond had run out of gas towards the end of the game. We missed some great chances before eventually taking the lead and If the game goes for another 10 minutes, then I think we pull away and win comfortably.
A lot of it is mental capacity.

We had Richmond on the ropes, they were down on confidence and whilst Richmond tried to appeal for frees, we were going in hard at it to win the ball.

To me, that tells me two things.

One side is getting behind each other, improving and enjoying footy.

The other is miserable and stuck in a decline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy North Melbourne WINS vs Richmond. Get in here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back