Northern FL Division 2 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All matches have some interest for varying reasons this week, so there will be some anxious eyes watching for the final scores as they come thru.

Round 15.
Hurstbridge vs. Mernda
An eight-point game, especially for the Bridges as they try to regain some of that early season sparkle and stay in the middle kingdom for another season. The Demons had a field-day last week and will be brimming with confidence that they can keep the hope alive. A difficult choice favours the Bridges only because of home ground advantage.

Diamond Creek vs. Epping
The Demons are in no-man's land pre finals while the Blues still covet the double chance. For the Demons probably an opportunity to establish some psychological advantage come finals time if they were to win but the Blues have way too much to play for and should take the points.

Lalor vs. Lower Plenty
Still believe that these two teams will play-off for the premiership and on current form the Bears should be able to establish that little advantage with a win here over the Bloods. The Bloods are certainly missing Mafilovski's influence around the ground while the Bears may be rushing back a couple of players from injury a bit too soon.

Thomastown vs. Fitzroy Stars
The Bears were smashed last week while the Stars were very competitive for a half. The Bears have struggled in their past two meetings, both at this ground, and it should be the same result again.

A congratulations to Trent Prior & Steve Storer who have successfully destroyed our great footy club by themselves & ran out when they had realised exactly what they had done at the start of the year. Yesterday's loss sealed the fact that the club is bound for 3rd division and at it's lowest point it has ever been. Not only are they the reason for this, but those 2 people who are responsible for this have not even attempted to come back & try and help fix their mess. To the mernda boys who have still fought it out all year, we know you guys have tried your best but we just haven't had the cattle to win the games possible. I hope everyone hangs around next year and gets the club back up straight away on the path it should be on.

A congratulations to Trent Prior & Steve Storer who have successfully destroyed our great footy club by themselves & ran out when they had realised exactly what they had done at the start of the year. Yesterday's loss sealed the fact that the club is bound for 3rd division and at it's lowest point it has ever been. Not only are they the reason for this, but those 2 people who are responsible for this have not even attempted to come back & try and help fix their mess. To the mernda boys who have still fought it out all year, we know you guys have tried your best but we just haven't had the cattle to win the games possible. I hope everyone hangs around next year and gets the club back up straight away on the path it should be on.

I think you will find that the carlton crew that are back in charge now started these wheels in motion a few years back. As expected they will blame it on the blokes who aren't around anymore. The current presidents greatest legacy is "being able to field a team for less then $1000/wk" just ask him!

Well the Bloods and the Pinggers have shared plenty this season... We started by sharing the game and a fundraiser in round one and Mario wanting to share a beer with me in the lead up... We shared in the sad times through Codi King... Shared the burden of the wake for the family (along with north Heidelberg)... We have shared wins and losses this season... We share the same points at the moment and we will be sharing the same passion towards the next three weeks... But as a proud Lalor man i feel Epping should be applauded for sharing a ticket in each others mega draw this year. To have a cheque for $10 000 made out to the Lalor Football Club from Epping Football Club is about as good as it gets for me, accepting it this afternoon was a privilege and a copy of that cheque will forever hang proudly in the trophy cabinet along with the photo with the two satisfied head men who were extremely happy to hand it over (Sorry Rod and Sparra). Epping has really helped Lalor this weekend, we are lucky to still have that second chance for the moment well done Diamo. Obviously the true winner will be sitting second in a few weeks’ time so good luck to all and hopefully we can all remain injury free in the lead up.... Oh and as I felt it would be a bitter pill to swallow for the Epping faithful there on the day, I thought it fair we'd share $1000 at the bar for the crowd in attendance. Hopefully that softened the blow to all concerned... Carn Bloods!

Lets hope that the Victorian Gaming Regulator does not peruse Big Footy posts, as they have made it clear to all and sundry that cash prizes are illegal and have made raising funds and added nightmare for those officials trying to keep there clubs afloat. I trust that you meant to say thankyou for the gift voucher to the value of 10K?

Lets hope that the Victorian Gaming Regulator does not peruse Big Footy posts, as they have made it clear to all and sundry that cash prizes are illegal and have made raising funds and added nightmare for those officials trying to keep there clubs afloat. I trust that you meant to say thankyou for the gift voucher to the value of 10K?

Major Sponsorship... good point, as i have above ant

Looks like the D2 Premiership has been decided, by the reading of Lalor's web page, 10 of their best 22 out, Lower Plenty you are just filling up the numbers, maybe Lalor should challenge the D1 Premiers at the end of the season

Looks like the D2 Premiership has been decided, by the reading of Lalor's web page, 10 of their best 22 out, Lower Plenty you are just filling up the numbers, maybe Lalor should challenge the D1 Premiers at the end of the season

We'd love to but, we will be busy play Collingwood at that stage to figure who is the best of the best...?!? Are you mental... You are a little off buddy, I don't think the page reads as your suggesting at all... Maybe you are a little unhappy about the Mernda result on the weekend "always happy" and re-directing you anger at the Bloods again...?!? As i have suggested your more than welcome to pop into the 2001 re-union Aug 13. We will be re-living that history your so familiar with. FREE ENTRY - Open gate for all LOCAL FOOTY supporters, Sydney Cres final home game for season 2011 with the sounds of Skiba 2 piece band playing straight after the game and the BOAG'S BAR in operation in the pigeon shed pocket. BIG CELEBRATIONS. And just to add to the days celebrations 2001 bar prices for all 2001 players from 12 - 5 pm

We had about 6 out! At the end of the day no one has actually qualified to play the last game in September, so the lid is well and truly on at our end, and will stay on! I will say though the depth in the club is pretty good and our ressies and thirds are really pushing to make the one`s side selected each week perform.

We had about 6 out! At the end of the day no one has actually qualified to play the last game in September, so the lid is well and truly on at our end, and will stay on! I will say though the depth in the club is pretty good and our ressies and thirds are really pushing to make the one`s side selected each week perform.

Ah Brutal, this knuckle head "Always Happy" is having a dig at Lalor mate... He's being a smart arse from a match report on our website... Agree with your comments that depth is a big favour with Lower and puts you guys in a great position... Said that injuries would be the difference between the top four in April and with 80 odd on your list you guys can afford a few more here and there...

Lighten up pal,you're always having little digs at Lalor mate.Get that chip off your shoulder and put a smile on your dial!

Unless there is something in the water, the results should go to form this week.

Epping vs Thomastown
Should be an interesting game between the local rivals with the Blues having blown a golden opportunity last week while the Bears saved their season. Not too much love between these two with the home side expected to register a good win.

Mernda vs Diamond Creek
Plenty of Demons abound here with the home side most disappointing in last week's season defining loss while the visitors showed that they still need to be considered come finals time. Mathamatically both sides can improve on their current ladder positions but expect Creek to be in front all game long.

Lower Plenty vs Hurstbridge
A bit of pressure is off both sides with the Bears safe on top of the ladder and the Bridges to play in the middle kingdom again next season. But the gap between the two this season is huge and expect a mammoth win to the home side.

Fitzroy Stars vs Lalor
Although both sides lost last week, the Bloods were much more impressive and although the Stars play well at home they don't have the consistency of the Bloods. Expect the visitors to run away with a strong win thru the second half of the match.

Apparently rested 22 players v Fitzroy Stars, only lost by a few goals! They are certainly looking the goods once all those players are back!:D

Apparently rested 22 players v Fitzroy Stars, only lost by a few goals! They are certainly looking the goods once all those players are back!:D

We were told they played their two's they are so decimated with injuries, watch out Bundoora and Heidelberg, Lalor are coming once they get all their players back...:D.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The tool's back with his weekly dig at lalor!

This Saturday is the last time the BLOODS will play at Sydney Cres for season 2011 and will also mark the final time that local legend Stevie Marshall (SOPPA) will more than likely play here in his competitive life.

For all players that have done battle with the bloke, they will agree that his heart and soul is almost unmatched at local level... His pay structure for his career is well-renowned (zero for his 200 matches) which sits amongst a select few running around in local footy these days that play at the level he has... I guess from an administration view he has always valued his club and his jumper above his bank balance.

Lalor has an open gate this weekend with FREE ENTRY for all local footy fans and to welcome back the 60 odd 2001 treble premiership teams of that year. I would encourage anyone looking to say farewell to a superstar of the competition to come down Saturday and watch him do his thing for the last time on Lalor soil.

You would think that the four winners would stand out, but after the last couple of weeks, who knows.

Hurstbridge vs. Epping
The Blues have the inside running for the double chance and shouldn't have any issues with the Bridges in this one.

Diamond Creek vs. Fitzroy Stars
The Stars are proving nuisance value in the run up to the end of the season and while a loss by the Demons won't have any finals implications they would be keen to keep the good recent form alive.

Lalor vs. Mernda
The Bloods have stumbled in recent weeks, but with payers coming back as the finals approach, they should be able to comfortably handle the Demons here.

Thomastown vs. Lower Plenty
The clash of the Bears is probably the best game of the round, but that being said, the Lower Bears haven't looked like dropping a game for a couple of months now and should be able to handle the Thommo Bears without too much trouble.

This Saturday is the last time the BLOODS will play at Sydney Cres for season 2011 and will also mark the final time that local legend Stevie Marshall (SOPPA) will more than likely play here in his competitive life.

For all players that have done battle with the bloke, they will agree that his heart and soul is almost unmatched at local level... His pay structure for his career is well-renowned (zero for his 200 matches) which sits amongst a select few running around in local footy these days that play at the level he has... I guess from an administration view he has always valued his club and his jumper above his bank balance.

Lalor has an open gate this weekend with FREE ENTRY for all local footy fans and to welcome back the 60 odd 2001 treble premiership teams of that year. I would encourage anyone looking to say farewell to a superstar of the competition to come down Saturday and watch him do his thing for the last time on Lalor soil.

About time he gave it away!

Sorry for the delay in putting scores in from yesterday guys,had a bit on. Looks like the winners of bloods and pingers next week gets second spot. Should be a cracker of a game. GO BLOODS

lalor are pathetic, will go out straight sets come finals time, their talent outweighed by there ambition.

Bit of a tough call mate. No injuries in the first 7 rounds and beat everyone in the comp including your boys. Also able to keep Lower to there 2 lowest scores of the season, one of those occasions was less than 10 goals.

Not sure who or if they will get any one back heading into the finals. If they do im sure they could be more than competative, and would think they would be the side Lower wouldn't want to play.

Anyway look forward to the last round and what will hopefully be a exciting finals series.

BTW searcha i think you might have meant there ambitions outweigh there talent. Not sure iv often seen talent outweigh ambition! :D

lalor are pathetic, will go out straight sets come finals time, their talent outweighed by there ambition.

c`mon searcha....number 1 rule of competition. Always repect your opponents! Any side is capable on there day and the last thing anyone at Lower should be doing or contemplating, is getting any further ahead than tomorrows game v Diamo! The lid is well and truly on and will stay on untill I give it a twist!!

Good to see the boys down at the Bear Cave trying to keep the lid on !

Hurstbridge vs. Fitzroy Stars
A matter of pride for both the Bridges and Stars here with the visitors having been hot and cold in recent weeks and the home side just being plane cold. Going for the Stars but not with any confidence.

Epping vs. Lalor
What a game to finish off the regular season with probably the highest stakes on offer. The Bloods were the pre-season premiership favourites and showed why before injuries took their toll while the Blues took a while to hit their straps. I think the Bloods are getting back to that early season form and a win here could put them back on that top level of premiership favouritism.

Mernda vs. Thomastown
Both the Demons and Bears will be looking to end a disappointing season on a high and if the home side repeats the form of a couple of weeks ago it could be them.

Lower Plenty vs. Diamond Creek
With both the Bears and Demons unable to move on the ladder this match presents a good opportunity for both teams to fine tune any problems before their finals campaigns. The Bears have been superb over the second half of the season and should continue that form here.

Well what a great day, weather was great , crowd big and Epping won what more could you want, money o yes thanks for the money :D:D:D

One win away from the Grand Final go Pingers :thumbsu:

Use the money to go and buy a decent siren!Hate to say it Stude but congratulations on your victory yesterday and we'll see you again befor the end of the season.

Don;t think, watching the game, they will make the GF against Lower, they will never let Epping jump them like that again, by the way was the Lalor Prez shown the door by the club recently????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back