Northern FL Division 3 - 2011 Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great win by the Westies on Saturday. Good to finally get some points on the board, well deserved!

Agreed. You guys just wanted the ball more all day. The Fonua brothers led from the front all day with their aggression at the footy and I think our boys were a bit intimidated. Did hope that when our smallest player in the side kept his eye on the footy but got knocked out that would have inspired them at least a little but alas no. ONE player went to him and patted him on the back. Not good enough if you are a TEAM. Until our boys go out and play as one unit and look after each other instead of their own personal stats they will not improve and therefore win games

Agreed. You guys just wanted the ball more all day. The Fonua brothers led from the front all day with their aggression at the footy and I think our boys were a bit intimidated. Did hope that when our smallest player in the side kept his eye on the footy but got knocked out that would have inspired them at least a little but alas no. ONE player went to him and patted him on the back. Not good enough if you are a TEAM. Until our boys go out and play as one unit and look after each other instead of their own personal stats they will not improve and therefore win games

That was one of the best hits i have seen in local footy. Both players attacking the ball 100%. We used that to inspire us at half time... Great contest

saw that bump. fair.
but do u expect the team to razz up the west bloke after a fair bump? :confused:

saw that bump. fair.
but do u expect the team to razz up the west bloke after a fair bump? :confused:

No, as stated a fair contest for the ball, did not expect them to go at the west bloke I expected them to go to their team mate and pat him on the back for his courage and to be inspired a bit more to go for the ball. As westhawks said it inspired his team but did nothing for us. The difference between the 2 sides on the day

The only thing I found annoying was when the umpires called 50 against West for umpire abuse from the supporters, however it was actually a Watsi supporter who said it (not having a go at watsi). If that had been in the last qtr when the scores were tight it could have been the difference in the final result. Dont know how they can penalise the players for something fans do, and are they going to go up to each supporter that mouths off, then ask them who they support and pay 50. Doubt it!

not counting any farm animals just yet OP, gotta admit tho it was a gutsy effort by the boys from the hills, cant count us out just yet still alot of footy to be played and we are just starting to hit our straps!
Hitting your straps? Dont think so. Once again they lose after a big win. Do yourself a favour and count PH out.

The only thing I found annoying was when the umpires called 50 against West for umpire abuse from the supporters, however it was actually a Watsi supporter who said it (not having a go at watsi). If that had been in the last qtr when the scores were tight it could have been the difference in the final result. Dont know how they can penalise the players for something fans do, and are they going to go up to each supporter that mouths off, then ask them who they support and pay 50. Doubt it!

Dont remember the incident but if that happened is a joke. Umpires are getting way to precious and think they are the stars of the game. Cant even ask a question on their decision without risking a 50. Standard is getting worse and worse and the umpires have no idea about footy just want the pay check. Need some new umps who have actually played the game and understand it.

Divvy 2 games last week also affected, so it looks as though a directive has been issued to quieten down the umpire abuse by penalising the team.

Supporters Unite

Let's all go to the footy on Satdy in our opponents colours. Let's do our bit for the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[FONT=&quot]After last week's couple of interesting results, it looks like this week might be a bit more to form.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Watsonia vs St Mary's[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The battle of the Saints at the former tip, with the teams certainly having been going in opposite directions all season. St Mary's have shown in recent weeks that they will be a force come finals time and although they seem to struggle at this venue should comfortable take the points.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Reservoir vs South Morang[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Mustangs certainly surprised a few last week with a solid win and if they want to take that last finals spot will need to do it again against the Lions who have had a fortnight to reflect on their last defeat. Expect the Lions to be focused and take the points.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heidelberg West vs Parkside[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well, the Hawks have finally achieved their yearly win allowance - now maybe they can update their website which still shows the announcement of the 2010 coach ! Oh, an on the field the Devils will be smarting from last week's loss and should be able to carve out a rebounding win.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Panton Hill - Bye[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No doubt the Redbacks will be eagerly watching the round results as they scranle for a finals berth.[/FONT]

Good win by south morang in very tough conditions. A few reservoir players were more interested getting the man instead of the ball.

Mighty2blues, I recon Epping may be OK as long as it doesn't RAIN from now to Granny date, how quick the NFL forget what condition the ground was in last final series due to rain, Eltham would have been better. :thumbsdown:

Epping ground location is good, when the going gets tough, the tough get going. :D

Eltham ground is ok too :confused: I think the choice of the umpires are more of a worry.

Good win by south morang in very tough conditions. A few reservoir players were more interested getting the man instead of the ball.

It was the same in the magoos game but it was sth morang trying to go the man instead of the ball.

But for the conditions and team wanting the ball both game were good to watch

Mighty2blues, I recon Epping may be OK as long as it doesn't RAIN from now to Granny date, how quick the NFL forget what condition the ground was in last final series due to rain, Eltham would have been better. :thumbsdown:

In the 90s epping was one of the best grounds to play on but now i would say its one of the worst.Why can't DIV 3 play there grannys at preston city oval like DIV 1/2 or even northcote park ground much better then epping

In the 90s epping was one of the best grounds to play on but now i would say its one of the worst.Why can't DIV 3 play there grannys at preston city oval like DIV 1/2 or even northcote park ground much better then epping

Dockers 1, you are spot on, i feel the NFL don't care to much about 3rd Div, it's a necessary evil.

They can't play every final at Preston. Northcote is good ground except for the lack of the parking. The Div 3 GF should be at Eltham, much better ground than either Epping or Preston.

It appears Div 3 football, is of least interest to a nos of people, the local radio station,only one calling of a game this season, the sun herald, often dont include div 3, the local paper, lucky to get a paragraph for whole of div 3, and where we play finals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back